Yahoo! Concept Test Feedback Center

NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NOW ONLY PERIODICALLY MONITORED. THE MEDIA EXPERIENCES TEAM THANKS YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR FEEDBACK TO DATE.

Welcome to our feedback center!

Here is how it works:
Enter your feedback in the appropriate category. (Tip: check that an entry doesn’t already exist)
You have 20 votes. Use them to support specific feedback you think matters most. You can reallocate your votes over time by removing them from previously voted on items, or when your votes are returned to you once a feedback is addressed and closed by our team.

Thank you for your participation, and congrats for helping improve online media for millions around the world!

NOTE: If you are experiencing issues that feel like clear defects (links not working; layout breaking; poor performance; incorrect/irrelevant related interests displayed on articles, etc), please use the “Report Bug” link in the product rather than this feedback forum. Doing so will enable us to capture information from your session that will make it easier to debug the issue. Please use this feedback forum for suggestions/concerns about design and usability and to suggest product improvement ideas.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Could there be an automatic checkmark function for articles we've already read?

When we read an article and click on it, could that maybe prompt the tile to then change into a different color/shading or to display a checkmark or some symbol that tells me I already read it? So when I revisit, I can easily spot what I haven't read yet.

9th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  3. NEW FEATURES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to be able to rearrange tiles

I want to be able to move the stories around relative to one another in each feed, some people are more visually oriented than others, and like to have things arranged in particular ways. Some might call it neurotic, but I think it would be a pretty cool feature.

1st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Voting down

I'd like it if voting down removes the article from the feed immediately - possibly with a fadeout. Just telling me 'we won't show you more like this in the future' doesn't reassure me this particular article isn't going to reappear tomorrow, and it's not giving me fine enough control over what I want suppressed. I might not like the particular person in the article but still be interested in its broader topic.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need functionality to report inaccurate tags

there are articles tagged incorrectly for instance while this article mentions Tibet passingly, it really has nothing to do with Tibet: http://z9.yahoo.com/user/DXYNSPWUZIZZNOMQVXLJP3XBRU/Tibet/five-miles-up-with-----margaret-cho.html

think of this feature as similar to pandora's "move this song to another station" feature.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tutorial/help

Help the first time user with some in-line tips or a few nice graphics-based, very simple help pages which the user can always easily get to. Yes, I know that navigation should be obvious but based on user testing, most of our audience doesn't get it straight away and when I was watching all four sessions, I felt that if this person was using the product outside of the lab, they would have given up before spending more than five minutes in the experience. I believe that a "HELP" button of some kind which appears for a bit for a…

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Could we filter out people or events or companies we don't want to read about?

could there be a definition filter that filters out sub-topics, like: in Music, filter out anything about a particular artist? I have one artist pop up under business and music...

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Social Buttons Idea

I like this article and I would love if we can add social media buttons to the articles so I can share it with my friends!!

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 'share' functionality

Need a button to share via email/FB/twitter, Or at the very least a FB "like" button

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add dictionary?

Is it possible to add a dictionary feature? Or a "search the Internet" box in the article page?

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Might be nice to add a "Read next similar article" button

A button that leads to the next article in the same category that I just read.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Thumped down articles should disappear.

When I thump down something I don't want to see it anymore. There could be a safeguard in a way, like a trash can. Would also be nice to just click, pull, and drop (or swipe, depending on device) what you don't like to see.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can the articles be saved in a personal folder

Could the articles be saved in a personal folder, or sub-folders, grouped by "collections"/interests so we can build our own knowledge base over time? Like...building a foto album?

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to be able to highlight a set of words and add them to my interests

while on an article, I want to be able to click and drag to highlight some text and then an option will pop up to add that text string as an interest, or find other articles that match that text string.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to edit the names of Interest categories

I added a health-related interest term and when it showed up in the tray, I wanted to right click and edit the name. Imagine seeing "Cancer" or "Autism" in your interests alongside Arts & Entertainment. The ability to customize that would be nice.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  3. NEW FEATURES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Temporary follow?

I want to follow the Olympics, but only until the next month or so

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Thumbs up / down

I would like this functionality before actually having to click the article. Or rather, if I click the article based on the headline -- most likely I already like it.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would love to be able to organize my interests or have interests be sorted by strength of interest

Right now interests are just alphabetical. It would be great if the interest summary pages would be sorted by what I'm most interested in or allow me to custom order the interests. While I enjoy seeing news on some of my more obscure interests (e.g. Berlin), I want my core interests to be first.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We need mechanism to prevent display of articles over and over

I've been presented with this article over and over starting last week:
    http://z9.yahoo.com/home/power-walking-falls-between-ramble-race-152329964--spt.html

I have thumbed-down the sarticle multiple times, but it keeps showing up in my top stories feed. We need to prevent stories that have already been seen from displaying to users. High churn is crucial for today's fast-paced audience.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Functionality: A 'refresh' button?

Currently, with the design as it is, it's really hard to tell if I have the most current articles and information available for my interests. Something like a 'refresh' button or 'last updated' indicator or some such would help clarify that part of the experience for me. The general sense of time in the reader is that data is scattered and articles that are several days old are nudged right up with articles that are an hour old. More clarity is needed.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Related to rearranging tiles - can we have a 'trash can' to drag and drop unwanted articles?

I'd like to be able to, in addition to thumb out and thumb down, be able to literally trash articles that don't interest me or that are too old to clear space for new ones. Drag and drop to a trashcan icon (maybe at top bar?) would be clear. The 'personal folder' could be in the top bar also.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base