Fire away - we are listening!

I want to be able to rearrange tiles

I want to be able to move the stories around relative to one another in each feed, some people are more visually oriented than others, and like to have things arranged in particular ways. Some might call it neurotic, but I think it would be a pretty cool feature.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    soyabenzsoyabenz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Project TeamProject Team responded  · 

What sorts of ways would you want to order the tiles in? Do you mean ability to sort them (say by recency, or popularity, or by interest), or do you actually want to order the tiles manually (and if so, why)?

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ItaiItai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing happened to me on the iPad. The tile design, with slight drop-shadow, makes them appear like cards / objects / tiles, and in iOS the UI patterns seems to be that when you tap and hold an object you can move / delete it. Same goes for windows tiles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekjJ0w6CXew&t=0m43s).

I don't have a rational for why it is needed. It would just be fun to move stuff around like you can in the context of the environment -- iOS and windows phone.

If the page style was flat, like it's printed on one sheet of paper, perhaps I would not feel like I can move specific stories.

Feedback and Knowledge Base