Fire away - we are listening!

Could there be an automatic checkmark function for articles we've already read?

When we read an article and click on it, could that maybe prompt the tile to then change into a different color/shading or to display a checkmark or some symbol that tells me I already read it? So when I revisit, I can easily spot what I haven't read yet.

9th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Beth BubbleBeth Bubble shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Project TeamProject Team responded  · 

Hi Beth, we’ve got this feature in our backlog, so hope to incorporate it in the next 4 weeks or so.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • christopherbalzchristopherbalz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with what soyabenz said, only if that is done (not show previously-read articles), provide a way to retrieve them. Below-the-fold and gray-toned (with appropriate accessibility marker there too) would probably be best.

• Project TeamAdminProject Team (Admin, Yahoo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think deduping improvements are independent from updating visual treatment so that it's clearer what you've already read. Both are definitely important. But perfecting deduping won't address Beth's concern that after she's read a few stories, it's hard to scan the page and focus on just those things she hasn't yet read.

• soyabenzsoyabenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or just have the deduping functionality work more aggressively -- not showing you the same articles more than once?

Feedback and Knowledge Base