Yahoo! Concept Test Feedback Center

NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NOW ONLY PERIODICALLY MONITORED. THE MEDIA EXPERIENCES TEAM THANKS YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR FEEDBACK TO DATE.

Welcome to our feedback center!

Here is how it works:
Enter your feedback in the appropriate category. (Tip: check that an entry doesn’t already exist)
You have 20 votes. Use them to support specific feedback you think matters most. You can reallocate your votes over time by removing them from previously voted on items, or when your votes are returned to you once a feedback is addressed and closed by our team.

Thank you for your participation, and congrats for helping improve online media for millions around the world!

NOTE: If you are experiencing issues that feel like clear defects (links not working; layout breaking; poor performance; incorrect/irrelevant related interests displayed on articles, etc), please use the “Report Bug” link in the product rather than this feedback forum. Doing so will enable us to capture information from your session that will make it easier to debug the issue. Please use this feedback forum for suggestions/concerns about design and usability and to suggest product improvement ideas.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. sunscreen - night display adjustment

could there be a color scheme adjustment so that, e.g. we can read in the sun with a more muted color scheme (like a gray sunscreen or filter/overlay), and at night, with black/white reversed, like ... the way your car navigator colors change at night...?

34th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  2. DESIGN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  4. CONTENT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. thumbed down article still there next day

this is annoying, i don't want to see it anymore

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add cycle navigating through multiple collections

currently, if I have multiple collections: a, b, c, d, I can only navigator forward or backward. For example, I start with a, go to b, then, c, then d. Now if I want to go back to a, I have to go back 3 steps. The more collections you have, the worse this problem gets.

How about make it like a, b, c, d, a, b, c, d... ?

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  1. USABILITY  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need functionality to report inaccurate tags

there are articles tagged incorrectly for instance while this article mentions Tibet passingly, it really has nothing to do with Tibet: http://z9.yahoo.com/user/DXYNSPWUZIZZNOMQVXLJP3XBRU/Tibet/five-miles-up-with-----margaret-cho.html

think of this feature as similar to pandora's "move this song to another station" feature.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  3. NEW FEATURES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Thumbs up/thumps down should stay highlighted

When I click a thump up/thump down on an article page, I would like keep that thumps up/thumps down highlighted as to what I chose in case I come across it again.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I try to follow 'Cat', and 'Olympics-Men's canoe sprint K1 200m semi-final results' Comes Up

This looks like a clear-cut bug, as there was another canoe article also, and neither of them had the word 'cat' in them.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for transient interests

I'd like to be able to follow an interest for just a few days, and then have it fade away gradually from my feed.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Search multiple interests?

If I search something like "Italy travel" there are no results. Perhaps we can search Italy and travel separately and give the recommended interests?

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to edit the names of Interest categories

I added a health-related interest term and when it showed up in the tray, I wanted to right click and edit the name. Imagine seeing "Cancer" or "Autism" in your interests alongside Arts & Entertainment. The ability to customize that would be nice.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  3. NEW FEATURES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No content for suggested topics

First time I connected to Zed, I was asked about content I'd like to see. One of the suggestions I had was badminton, but then, no content on the badminton page, although it was a very hot topics this past week.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For future - target ads carefully

As a female reader, I don't want to see ads like Fisker's car ad with the swimsuit girl and the tagline 'designed to get you hot'. I just don't want to see this kind of content in a 'personalized' reader. Please consider capturing sex of user to ensure that advertising is not blatantly offensive to the end user - or provide a way to 'report ad as inappropriate/don't show me this ad again'

7th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Old articles and feels unintuitive

Usability issues on PC - this does not feel intuitive on PC. It wasn't clear that I needed to click the top header to go 'back' to the main categories page. How do I remove, favorite, share, or suppress articles? How do I tell it I don't want to see Lady Gaga or Nicki Minaj?

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tutorial/help

Help the first time user with some in-line tips or a few nice graphics-based, very simple help pages which the user can always easily get to. Yes, I know that navigation should be obvious but based on user testing, most of our audience doesn't get it straight away and when I was watching all four sessions, I felt that if this person was using the product outside of the lab, they would have given up before spending more than five minutes in the experience. I believe that a "HELP" button of some kind which appears for a bit for a…

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is giving feedback a rewarding experience?

Let's ensure we monitor user feedback, particularly in these early stages so we encourage everyone to continue to give feedback. If we handle this well, it'll be like expanding our QA team by 100x and testing across 10x more devices. Also, with a vote up/down facility in there, we get many, many user testing sessions, 24/7, averaged out - for free. And if we act on the best ideas, we will know that we're building a product that people want and being led by the users (perhaps better than being data-driven?). We should be testing the end-to-end experience of the…

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  5. OTHER  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Many concerns

-very confusing and jarring layout with no clear flow in terms of user navigation. -major concern that taking this direction will likely kill traffic, content consumption and monetization opportunities across the board for Yahoo!'s major properties.
    -terrible ad experience in current state, seems as though there is little room for custom brand integration.
    -needs bigger and bolder editorial images incorporated
    -How would I arrive at my Fantasy Football team or a MMT page in Y! Autos?

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Individual Pages/Sections for Each Declared Interest

It would be nice to have an individual page dedicated to each of my declared interests as opposed to mixing all of them within my collection. For instance, if I declared "Social Media" as an interest I would like to be able to have a specific page with articles/content relevant to "Social Media".

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Recommendations

Screenshot from the partially related/offensive topics recommended.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Poor Reading Experience

Reading this article was a poor experience because there are a lot of missing spaces between words. Examples: "CamilaAlves,"thefirst", "didn'treally"...etc.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Could we filter out people or events or companies we don't want to read about?

could there be a definition filter that filters out sub-topics, like: in Music, filter out anything about a particular artist? I have one artist pop up under business and music...

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base