Yahoo! Concept Test Feedback Center

NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NOW ONLY PERIODICALLY MONITORED. THE MEDIA EXPERIENCES TEAM THANKS YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR FEEDBACK TO DATE.

Welcome to our feedback center!

Here is how it works:
Enter your feedback in the appropriate category. (Tip: check that an entry doesn’t already exist)
You have 20 votes. Use them to support specific feedback you think matters most. You can reallocate your votes over time by removing them from previously voted on items, or when your votes are returned to you once a feedback is addressed and closed by our team.

Thank you for your participation, and congrats for helping improve online media for millions around the world!

NOTE: If you are experiencing issues that feel like clear defects (links not working; layout breaking; poor performance; incorrect/irrelevant related interests displayed on articles, etc), please use the “Report Bug” link in the product rather than this feedback forum. Doing so will enable us to capture information from your session that will make it easier to debug the issue. Please use this feedback forum for suggestions/concerns about design and usability and to suggest product improvement ideas.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Option to add RSS feeds on our own as future functionality?

I'd like to be able to add specialized RSS feeds that I know of (that may not be offered by the existing system), thus letting me centralize any feeds I want to follow in one place. This would allow me super specialization and customization of the reader and make me more inclined to return regularly.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  1. USABILITY  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would like to "vote" stories/tiles up or down for how they match my interest

I actually don't want many entertainment stories, but would like more arts, and I could just delete them or vote up or down so that the page can get better at matching my personal interest

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  3. NEW FEATURES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Same articles showing up as 4 days ago

Hi,
    Im seeing the same article titles in some of the Interest areas... i.e. Food & Cooking as I did last week, and I didnt click on them last week because I wasnt interested in them, so shouldnt they refresh?

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  4. CONTENT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recommended interests exact duplicates

I'm using this feedback system to file this bug since the bug-filing system doesn't work for me.

This article includes 3 recommended interests, but two of them are exact duplicates "Denmark"

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Z9 is slow and the touch interface is buggy (take 2)

Please ignore my previous post. Uservoice registered a submit event vefore i finished typing...

I'm in hawaii using z9 on my ipad 5 bars on 3g, and netflix runs perfectly well) and the z9 ui renders very slowly (1-2 seconds for some images/articles). The touch interface is also unpredictable (touch and swipe to navigate in a river gets interpretted as clicking on an article). Those two problems together make it very frustrating to use zed.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Duplicate content with same picture

Some content is duplicated (with titles a bit different), some of then even have the same picture.

Duplicates should be detected, and news articles should be clustered...

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Topic relatedness could be better

Some suggested topics don't relate to topic at hand and some related topics are not being suggested.

I was looking for news on "rowing". The rowing and rowing (sports) pages are empty. I got one suggestion somewhere for the olympics (maybe under sport), but nothing else. Eventually I came across the very relevant page: "Rowing at the Summer Olympics", that was not suggested previously.

Also difficulty finding sports news just related to one country, in my case Germany.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Profile has no way back into zed except for browser back button

When I click on my profile/account tile and go to Yahoo Profile, I cannot get back into zed except via the browser back button.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Button "Manage Collections" crashes tool

When I click on it the whole page goes blank.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. drop-down collections doesn't adjust to browser frame

When shrinking the browser window the drop-down collections squares don't follow suit. I have to scroll right to see them all, inconvenient.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Manage Collections - blank page?

I got to Manage Collections and get my side colum with collections and 'undefined' as small text on an otherwise blank page. Dragging things around doesn't seem to do anything?

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Giant ad does not align with other pages/articles

the giant ad literally doesn't fit - it is both too large for its slot (the ad graphic itself has its headline and sides being cut off) but also slams right up into the header section and does not align with articles to either side - really bad visual experience. see attached

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  2. DESIGN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PC: Make arrow keys serve same function as finger swipe L/R on tablets

It would be great if I could emulate 'finger swiping' tablet functionality by using my arrow keys on PC to manuever left and right.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Category error: "Batman: The Animated Series" for ALL Batman-related content

I have Batman as an interest and also Batman: The Animated Series. Reader does not appear to be distinguishing between the two and is labeling movie Batman and other Batman content (that is not the cartoon) as B:TAS

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Writing Style

Measure the intended audience or writing style of an article. People read publications and follow authors/feeds because they are written in a style, written with an angle or are aimed at an audience with a certain level of intelligence or seriousness. We aren't capturing this quality as a dimension of an individual's profile nor are we trying to capture it based on the feed source, writing style (you can analyse writing style to see what grade of english it is by average word length, paragraph length, overuse of superlatives etc - that might not be a bad start to remove…

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sharing buttons

Add share buttons at bottom of all articles - minimally Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, G+ and Pinterest

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Idea : Show me the money first !!! ... what about having a light sign out experience

zed is for now SI only.
    a lot of users (especially Non Y! users) maybe blocked by that and that s the goal of zed to get new users right? (me the first when i m ask to SI for something, i m very hesitant even when i c the content of teh site / app.

So what about a simple SO experience with only few default collection, some Y! ones (Trending, politics, OMG, ...) and a search who incites the user to search his own interests.
    then on the selected interest, having a "+ follow" action.
    only on this…

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give users feedback on how long a page is / how much of it is left

It seems like the the native scrollbar on the iPhone and iPad is missing. This makes it hard to know how long the page is.

Would be great if we could use the native scroll and show the scrollbar as it is on all other pages in iOs.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Content

I declared Water Polo as an interest and there's no news for it, which I find interesting since the Olympics are still going on.

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delete Articles

I would like to be able to delete articles that are of no interest to me. Also, would it be possible to reposition ads? Some of then are at the top of the page, which takes away from the experience (not the first thing I want to see when I land to my collection page/Top Story page).

34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base