Yahoo! Concept Test Feedback Center

NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NOW ONLY PERIODICALLY MONITORED. THE MEDIA EXPERIENCES TEAM THANKS YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR FEEDBACK TO DATE.

Welcome to our feedback center!

Here is how it works:
Enter your feedback in the appropriate category. (Tip: check that an entry doesn’t already exist)
You have 20 votes. Use them to support specific feedback you think matters most. You can reallocate your votes over time by removing them from previously voted on items, or when your votes are returned to you once a feedback is addressed and closed by our team.

Thank you for your participation, and congrats for helping improve online media for millions around the world!

NOTE: If you are experiencing issues that feel like clear defects (links not working; layout breaking; poor performance; incorrect/irrelevant related interests displayed on articles, etc), please use the “Report Bug” link in the product rather than this feedback forum. Doing so will enable us to capture information from your session that will make it easier to debug the issue. Please use this feedback forum for suggestions/concerns about design and usability and to suggest product improvement ideas.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Use of "Woman" as a Category

It would be best to use the plural form of "woman" in the category "women".

34th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  4. CONTENT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Content display

Do we have any control over the way content is displayed? Like this article, for instance, would be easier to read if it had actual paragraphs and wasn't just a giant block of text.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Select articles within declared interests

It would be nice to have the option to read articles within my declared interests/category as opposed to reading articles within my collection. Perhaps there is already that option, but I can't find it.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  1. USABILITY  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Additional links

For this video blog article, it says "Click here to view this gallery," but it's not an actual link. It doesn't do anything at all. I'm not sure if that's an error on our side or from the source.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Assigned Categories

I really really dislike the fact that articles displayed have been categorized as belonging to my collection name "Favorites". I would much rather keep the interest/category I chose for each of the articles displayed. For example, if an article is about Kim K dating Kanye W, then I would like to see the article classified as a Celeb (declared interest) article, or Kim K (declared interest) article as opposed to "Favorites". It would be nice to keep the reading experience "organized" in interests/categories.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. similar articles

I'd like to be able to quickly pick which articles I want to read and then read it later. Most people like myself don't have a 3G ipad so in the morning when I wake up and I'm rushed but scanning headlines I want to bookmark and then later read on the train ride to work or at lunch on my work PC or later in the evening on my tablet before bed.

Apple is adding offline reading to it's reader function in the next version of safari so this would be nice to support for Yahoo natively.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3. NEW FEATURES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Recommendations

The recommended topics are related to only 1 interest out of 33 declared. Also, some topics are unrelated to me: "Anger Management". I actually find it offensive and discouraging.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ad too big on ipad

Others have complained about seeing one big article-sized ad. Im used to it, as flipbpard does that with thenLA times ads, but it does seem odd that the obama ad i keep seeing is so much larger than the ipad portrait mode scrren that i cant see his full name, not even close. I realize viewport-based resizing is hard and not performant, but for ads it might be really necessary.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Yahoo dash for ipad close button missed

Like flpboard, yahoo dash (finance) for ipad has a close button in thr upper left when youre viewing an article, to return to the menu. It is a solid method of returning to the menu, and aed should probably consider adopting it.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Thumbs up / down

I would like this functionality before actually having to click the article. Or rather, if I click the article based on the headline -- most likely I already like it.

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No link to Yahoo Sports?

The last line on this article http://z9.yahoo.com/home/blogpost/rex-ryan-tries-guilt-tripping-nick-mangold-over-135215297--nfl.html says:
    Related Olympics coverage on Yahoo Sports:

It ends in a colon, not hyperlinked to Yahoo Sports page. Nor are there other articles mentioned below it. It seems off and incomplete.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. loadding is slow and pictures are not shown after useing it in a while (I use chorme)

dears i like the new vision ^^
    if the the loading is quicker would be better.
    Besides, i like personally the less contests. I meant that maybe 10 stories are good in one page. (it should be always shown by smart data and best clicking), Just my idea for your information. Thanks for new product ^^)

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. sort/filter articles by dates

Any way to filter or sort articles by dates?

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Irrelevant big ad

The ad in the celeb category is too big (as big as an article). It is not relevant to my reading category either.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. General Layout

The general layout of the page is ok. Having truncated articles on the left side takes away from the overall experience.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2. DESIGN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Upper Left Corner

After clicking on the 4-square icon on the upper left side, I wanted to return to reading my article. I tried closing the content of the window but was unable to. I realized that I have to re-click on the 4-square icon to make it disappear. Perhaps having a close (x) option would be helpful to the user.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Related Interest

One of the related interest here is " Matthew McConaughey", which is missed from the list.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share articles

I would like to be able to share/like articles on social media sites like FB.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base