Yahoo! Concept Test Feedback Center

NOTE THAT THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NOW ONLY PERIODICALLY MONITORED. THE MEDIA EXPERIENCES TEAM THANKS YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR FEEDBACK TO DATE.

Welcome to our feedback center!

Here is how it works:
Enter your feedback in the appropriate category. (Tip: check that an entry doesn’t already exist)
You have 20 votes. Use them to support specific feedback you think matters most. You can reallocate your votes over time by removing them from previously voted on items, or when your votes are returned to you once a feedback is addressed and closed by our team.

Thank you for your participation, and congrats for helping improve online media for millions around the world!

NOTE: If you are experiencing issues that feel like clear defects (links not working; layout breaking; poor performance; incorrect/irrelevant related interests displayed on articles, etc), please use the “Report Bug” link in the product rather than this feedback forum. Doing so will enable us to capture information from your session that will make it easier to debug the issue. Please use this feedback forum for suggestions/concerns about design and usability and to suggest product improvement ideas.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Is this sleek enough?

My initial though was whether this is sleek enough when i first entered into the site. I only see a bunch of headlines, some were relevant, some were not so relevant to my interests. I also think that we can do a better job grabbing users interests at the start. Arguably, a big part of the products success is the initial instinct on whether they like it or don't. Providing relevant content to them at the very beginning is critical.

34th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  2. DESIGN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shawn White - Pushing for Skateboarding in Olympics.... Not Computer Science

Why don't we try to create smarter buckets. Sports / Olympics / Athletes / Skateboarding... Not Computer Science, the Related Interests are correct, the placement of this in this stream is real bad.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  4. CONTENT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. links to sharing articles

it would be good to have some ways of sharing articles, for example after reading a particular article, and i felt like a friend would find it useful/interesting, it would be nice if there was a way of emailing the article to a friend right away

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3. NEW FEATURES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. could we make the media outlet/source clickable?

could we make the media outlet clickable? so it gets you to their website?

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. when i was trying to add my interests, choiced were limited, for example i tried to add a couple of filmmakers, and they werent coming out

some filmmakers i couldnt add to my interests:
    wong kar wai
    apichatpong weerasethakul
    pen ek ratanaruang

some writers i couldnt add to my interests
    sheila heti
    miranda july
    carrie brownstein

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. after clicking collections icon in top corner, clicking on the page in background should make the collections box disappear

Perhaps you're going to redesign the experience of the collections icon in upper left -- (it's pretty poor experience) but at the least there should be a way to make it go away by clicking outside the black box

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  1. USABILITY  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add history to reading activities

One of the features I like about Google reader is that they provide history of what you read. So, if you want to go back to a previous article that you read two days ago, you can easily go back to find it.

Can we have some features like this? It could either be similar to what Google Reader has: based on date. Or even better to provide a history search by keywords.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hide an article after you have read it

currently, after you have read an article and go back to collection, the article is still there. Is it possible to hide the article you have read already? Or at least grey it out or something like that to differentiate.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dictionary

I think a dictionary would be useful. Maybe as a link on the top? Have it as a small pop-up so users can research a unknown term without having to leave the article they are reading.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. link to category from article redirects to 'top stories'

http://z9.yahoo.com/Living%20Nature-yct:001000643/dumpster-diving-bear-cubs-rescued-ladder-wielding-couple-191313152.html

I tried to click 'living nature' category after reading article, and it redirected me to top stories -- seems like a bug (bug reporting system doesn't work) Is this because I haven't yet declared "living nature" as an interest?

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  5. OTHER  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There is no landing page with a preview of all the interests I am following

Currently all the interests are either hidden on the top menu or one has to swipe to see the interests. Is it possible to have a landing page which previews the top trending article in each of the categories I am following? This way user will be able to discover more content.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Article takes too much time to load

There is a latency issue. Article takes too much time to load and the user has to stare at a blank screen for a long time

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Center aligned article titles are difficult to red

It's better that they are left aligned. Center aligned text makes it difficult to read.m

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2. DESIGN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Additional links

Is it possible to active the additional links at the bottom of some articles? These additional links would be useful to users.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the right/left swipe should be labeled what they are

If I'm in top stories, the screen on the right is unclear what it is going to be (it turns out to be the first interest, alpha-sorted?), perhaps it should have a vertical label above the hover-over arrow when you get close to the right side

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. clicking on keyword in keyword list deletes that keyword

When I added keywords to specify my interests, it didn't make sense that when I click on one in the list it gets deleted.

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. feature to "share"/"print" (switch to print format)/"forward"?

Could there be some boxes at the bottom of an article that we click on that allows us to forward/email to someone, to share (facebook etc.) or print (switch to print format)?

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drag and drop tiles in to a personal folder on my desktop?

Could there be a feature that allows us to drag and drop tiles onto our desktop so we can file them?

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filtering by news outlet?

Could there be a feature that allows me to build a list of news outlets I don't want to read articles from - or news outlets that I want to prioritize?

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base