Shine Lego

Dear Shine readers,

Do you have ideas for improving Yahoo Shine? We’re looking for suggestions that will have a positive impact on our site. It could be a simple site enhancement, a missed bug, or a story that’s bound to go viral. Every submission will have a chance at winning cool Yahoo merchandise. Vote for your favorite ideas to get our judges’ attention. It only takes a minute to participate! Click here for Official Rules.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to see my notifications!

I miss being able to see the notifications bell.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    22 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Shine readers,

We’ve heard from many of you requesting the Notifications bell on the page header. Our engineers are currently working to bring the feature back as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our site. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

2. Cheaper options!

Nothing worse than a slideshow of designer products and 'season must-haves', each of which cost more than my grocery bill.

Tip: Cheaper products, (read $40 and under) are appreciated. Also, don't assume we'll love them, just because the editor does.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. YAHOO please add a like/dislike to your articles.

YAHOO please add a like/dislike to your articles. So its not just peoples comments that get evaluated by each other, but your ridiculous/reputable commentaries as well. Then you can start by 'cleaning up' your reporting staff, or giving them nice bonuses/raises. Either way, I'd love to see overall the millions that do read your articles, voting as a whole.
    This has been done of alot of websites, I think its about time that news stations/sites joined the party.

35th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include a tab for relationship therapy

A topic which is very important to any relationship is communication. Include a section on this: the best way to communicate in your relationship, how to communicate, why, how to talk to your children....it goes on and on.

35th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. After I read an article, I'd like to return to where I was in scrolling through the articles.

After I read an article, I'd like to return to where I was in scrolling through the articles. Currently, when I am done reading an article, when I go back to the scrolling page to find another article, I am returned to the very top. I'd like to be able to return to where I was in my scrolling

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change the design

The design is so dull and boring! I thought I was on the news for a minute! Shine, when you hear that word you think of lights, camaras, action! More colors and different arangments of news stories please.

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. STOP with the top commenter label

Your "top commentators" continually prove themselves to be uninformed and sometimes morally repugnant! Why do we need this?!? So a couple of people can feel important? Well they ain't; They comment on articles on Yahoo (as do I). It's not like we've cured a major disease or something....Get rid of it!

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disabled people

I had recently crushed both of my legs from a tractor running over me. Consequently, i have been laid up in hospital, rehab and peoples homes in bed. Not very much to do but watch TV and go on-line to occupy my days and nights.
    I want to better myself in ways I don';t know how to do. I was thinking about some kind of a site where doctors, therepy and patients all can input their ideas on different ways to help disabled people better their bodies and lives.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make personal sounds for sites or notices etc.

Be able to download music or sounds to notify you of errors or updates etc.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My idea. There needs to be more internet activities towards reaching age groups 60+

I am 61 years old. There is just not enough activities or technology on the internet for the age group 55+ to enjoy. Really, all there is is medications for illnesses. Try taking technology and making it work so that I can use my hands for my arthritis using the computer and not medication. Make keyboards larger. Make visual typing on screen so that I can see. Get rid of that capcha most persons 55+ cannot see those little letters. Get rid of that thing that clips everything on my mobile phone to the clipboard. Thank you.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. You should be able to see either endless stories or click next page to see more form the days prior.

I miss a day or so b/c i'm busy at work. And want to catch up on some stories. And i get to the bottom of the page and NOTHING. I can't see more, I can't click next page to view more. Once you changed the layout it features 8 stories and no archives.
    Very bag.

71st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Facebook:Elena Boysselle-I want to give advices in parenting. I have 5 succesful sons (university degrees, good morals, etc)

Facebook:Elena Boysselle-I want to give advices in parenting. I have 5 succesful sons (university degrees, good morals, etc). I want to pour the wisdom that I got through the years of parenting.
    Thank you very much

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. horoscopes

DELIVER THE DAILY HOROSCOPE ON THE CORRECT DAY! I ALWAYS GET THE DAY PREVIOUS THEN HAVE TO GO TO THE WEB TO GET TODAY'S! Very frustrating I'm about ready to cancel

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shine Latina

I like the fact that you have some of type section addressing Latinas but more articles would be great. The last thing you guys posted was on March 7 about a drink. Also please remember Puertoricans are not the only latinos. There is Central and South America..just some food for thought.

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi J. Larin! We just heard from our Editor that Shine Latina has a new program coming out and should be posting again soon. Thanks again for your feedback!

16. how about more info on exercise, health, etc. for your readers who are older or have health issues? not interested on exercise for the alrea

how about more info on exercise, health, etc. for your readers who are older or have health issues? not interested on exercise for the already fit. not all your readers are young.

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Chinese Astrology

I hope the Chinese Horoscope can be extended to include the elemental factor (Metal, Wood, Earth, Fire and Water.)

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new type of ad that takes up the corner of a video is annoying especially when there's text to read.

I understand the need to generate income from ads but this is I think the most annoying ad imaginable. I'd like to see them removed. If there's text at the bottom you can miss it even if you enlarge it to full screen. I've never seen a type of ad that made me angry enough to make any suggestion. And my frustration is directed in part at the product I'm forced to look at. I won't be feeling like buying that product any time soon.

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. post more DIY

do it yourselfs hair styles,make up,clothes and decorations

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. a "what's popular now" section

Perhaps having a tab that shows people in various cities and what they're wearing, to show what's popular in different areas. Not everything is red carpet or NYC, and not everyone can afford to dress that way (nor is it appropriate for every location).

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base