Shine Lego

Dear Shine readers,

Do you have ideas for improving Yahoo Shine? We’re looking for suggestions that will have a positive impact on our site. It could be a simple site enhancement, a missed bug, or a story that’s bound to go viral. Every submission will have a chance at winning cool Yahoo merchandise. Vote for your favorite ideas to get our judges’ attention. It only takes a minute to participate! Click here for Official Rules.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Kate Middleton is the Duchess of Cambridge

Others have commented on this as well, but I am beyond fed up with the fact that yahoo articles continue to refer to Catherine as "Kate Middleton." She was married over two years ago (remember that Royal Wedding that was all over the news?) She is a married woman, an official member of the royal family, and deserves a lot more respect than she is given by yahoo writers. Your editors should take ultimate responsibility, but I am shocked that anyone still feels that they can refer to her this way. I even remember reading a yahoo article explaining what…

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hire editors with skill.

I'm so tired of reading Yahoo articles with spelling, gammar, and factual errors in them. Does anyone at Yahoo care about accuracy or proper sentence structure?

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please get a proof reader for you articles. So far in 5 articles I have found 2 mistakes.

In a world with spell check, there is no excuse for typos. The poor can be fixed by simply reading over the articles. These pieces are short...check them for errors.

22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What happened to Proof Reading???

Hi, I just read an article by a SHINE staffer with so many spelling errors it detracted from the article. If you are to be considered a serious news agent, I would strongly suggest people proof their articles before posting!!!

31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Umm..., have your writers actually graduate high school?

Umm..., have your writers actually graduate high school? "natural hormone segregated by the body ... " This was seen in an article today about melatonin. This is PATHETIC! The reader should be paid $$ for having had to read this ******** composition! I guess Yahoo advertises for writers that graduated at the rock BOTTOM of their class -good work Yahoo!!

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My idea is having the ability to proofread before you post will eliminate typos and mistakes

I have been a clerical for over 50+ years. Just having that final ability to be able to take a few moments with a click button saying "proof read" before sending would help a lot and avoid many typos and mistakes.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "7 signs your dating a mama's boy" = 1 sign you need to hire better!

sad to say, this isn't a one-off
    *your* people are truly LOUSY at this whole "writing" thing
    *you're* looking even worse than usual when this is a teaser headline on the main "Shine" page!
    (& my cookies WERE enabled)

71st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Get the facts correct. Re-edit your articles; proofread please.

"How a White House Chef Tricked Bill Clinton"
    The SNL skit was from 1992 not 2007. Air Date: 12/5/92.

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Check your grammer

In your headline Michael Jackson Kids' are given a $8M a Year Allowance. Proper grammer should read Michael Jackson Kids' are
    Given an $8M a Year Allowance.

95th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The article of the girl giving a guy a 1 cup of coffee

The article refers to this social media. There's is no such thing as social media except for youtube. Also, Its not called call Social Media. It's called Social Networking Sites.
    Please look up the constitutional law. It clearly states that no web company push an idea or opinion without permission or knowledge. In so doing. Violates the rights of Public. Also, social media promotes: Online Criminal Activity: Like: Child ***********, Cyberbulling, Cyberstalking, Cyberharrassement, Hacking, Copyrights enfringement, Pedophiles, Online Predators. Teen suicide and Suicide attempt amongst disabled adults. And also allowing social media to be a monopoly. Oh oops for got…

107th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please correct my name

A day ago you posted a article about creative ways to raise money for ****** cancer. Thank you, so much for including the art piece I donated and designed. In the article you spelled my name incorrectly. Could you please correct it, "Shad Igney" is the correct spelling. Currently you have my name as "Shane Igney" I appreciate the article very much, it's such a great cause!

107th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 為什麼即時通只能下載香港的,台灣的為什麼不能下載?

為什麼即時通只能下載香港的,台灣的為什麼不能下載?

107th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 107th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Person first language in your articles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please start using person first language. Everyone deserves to be treated like a human. Individuals that have a disability should not be defined by them. This makes me cringe when I read or hear people talking like this!

This article has this error many times throughout...

Father Captures Autistic Son's Inner World With Incredible Photos

126th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Article needs a lot of editing

Re: Baby Zone - Parenting - The "My Child First" Parenting Style Ruined My Playdates

I love the ideas you present and I agree wholeheartedly with your conclusions. However, I am hesitating to share the article with friends due to numerous edits needing to be made. My suggestions:
    "I had to squash her spirit." - change had to hate
    "Then the little girl, screamed right in my daughter's ears." - delete the comma
    The little girl, screamed again. - delete the comma
    I stepped into separate them. - in to should be two separate words
    "...apropos of nothing (We left…

126th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 126th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sweetened condensed v. evaporated milk

In the recipe for soft caramels, you say evaporated milk in the text and sweetened condensed in the recipe. They're not the same. . . :)

126th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base