Shine Lego

Dear Shine readers,

Do you have ideas for improving Yahoo Shine? We’re looking for suggestions that will have a positive impact on our site. It could be a simple site enhancement, a missed bug, or a story that’s bound to go viral. Every submission will have a chance at winning cool Yahoo merchandise. Vote for your favorite ideas to get our judges’ attention. It only takes a minute to participate! Click here for Official Rules.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please post more transcripts -- Why force me to watch a 2 minute video, when I can read the transcript in just a few seconds?

If you provide a transcript, I can quickly skim a story to see if it is of further interest, and I can slow done and read it at my own speed. Otherwise, I can quickly move on to the next story.
    Why force me to spend 2 minutes (or more) watching some video,
    only to find it is unimportant, not my lifestyle, or even (heaven forbid) factually incorrect, and/or merely the writer's opinion, and not factual (or fact checkable) at all?

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop stories that bully others

The article written by Mr. Cain about the dumbest things Gwyneth Paltrow has said is disgusting. In light of trying to teach kids about being more sensitive to others' feelings and to stop the bullying; as well as the children and teens who have been victims of bullying who have actually taken their own lives; this type of "journalism" has no place in society today. Can't you stop the bullying that your staff participate in?

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Your article about the "Fatkini sells out" by Elise Sole

I bet that Elise Sole isn't a plus-size woman to use the headline for a story "Fatkini sells out". How blatantly rude to say that. The cover story on the main Yahoo is respectable, it makes you want to read the article, but once clicking on the article you get slams in the face. She is no different than the CEO at Ambercrombie and Finch, a bully in print. You see how that turned out for his company. I wonder what Gabi Gregg would say if she knew Elise Sole was calling her Galaxy bikini that. Please be more respectful…

31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Take down the article by Sujeiry Gonzalez entitled "7 Things to Have Your Boyfriend Do Before Breaking Up"

This article is sexist and degrading to men. It encourages emotional manipulation and abuse of men. Had this article been written by a man about women it would never have seen the light of day. This article is offensive and whether or not the article was written to be funny or satirical, it completely failed. This article should be taken down. This article was hurtful, harmful, and promotes sexism and abuse. This is not "rah-rah Feminism" nor is it a "you go girl" moment...it's just plain wrong. We, as women, cannot claim that we are special, different or have more…

39th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Frozen's Elsa a *** symbol? Beth Greenfield, you are ridiculous!!

Here's an idea for Beth Greenfield. Get a life and quit sexualizing a Disney character. At what point did you decide to include Disney characters in the same category as a pole-dancing Victoria's Secret vamp? We better just change the rating on this one to PG-13. What a load of **** to turn the character with a soul condemned by a potentially killer gift/curse into a *** symbol. Perhaps Disney is not the type of genre for you if you are convinced, and apparently offended, that Elsa is nothing more than a sexist symbol. Chances are you are looking for…

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BALANCE

Many of you articles focus on women in trouble or how they should avoid it, but men find themselves in dire straits also. They may not quickly admit it, but they do. Maybe a 2:1 ratio. Women should be respected, but that's a two way street. I understand a few men do bad things and the rest just watch or debate about getting involve. There are a growing few like myself that are prospected for trying to be positive examples. Please speak of our troubles and struggles. I am not trying to be adversarial...just pleading to get the positive word…

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Yahoo should consider vetting articles that give medical advice. Specifically the article about how asparagus is a contraceptive. Awful.

It is basically suggested that instead of hormonal birth control women should use asparagus to help abort fetuses. Articles like this are posted entirely too often and are completely irresponsible.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Engage brains before writing

I saw an article where a mother had disowned her child for being gay. I certainly agree that disowning a child for ANY reason is a bad way to go. HOWEVER when the grandfather in turn disowns his daughter the author seems to think this is "awesome". Why? When he takes the same course of action that he disapproves of his daughter using, why is it suddenly a good thing? To repeat: disowning a child for ANY reason is bad way to go. Double standard?? - - -Andy Ford

71st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop with the Duggars already!

Please stop with the stories on the Duggars. Their way of life is unhealthy and unrealistic for most people. They deny their children any choices in life ... it's a cult! Please stop!

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No more Kardashian stories please!

PLEASE STOP REPORTING ON THE KARDASHIAN CLAN!!!!!! THEY ARE NOT A CREDIBLE NEWS STORY BUT AN EMBARASSMENT TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY.

94th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow comments on Shine

So when your writers whine about the so-called most racist ad ever in an attempt to convince everyone that racism is out of control, you can point out that the commercial was created and produced by a black rap group and the black guys in the lineup wearing thug clothes and the rappers themselves. They were there because they put themselves there.

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The "Parenting" section articles and authors leave much to be desired

As a parent to 2 young daughters, this article is disturbing and sends the wrong message to parents looking for real, empowering advise on raising thier children.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/is-your-child-s-halloween-costume-sending-the-wrong-message--195430588.html

Girls ARE different than boys in many ways... and it is OK!! My 2 1/2 year old daughter, Julia, wants to be Spider Girl SO BAD for Halloween. She LOVES Spiderman. If she had wanted the red and blue body suit Spiderman costume I would have bought it for her, not giving a care in the world it was in the (gasp!) boys section. But she WANTED the girly costume. She loves…

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop writing articles about "Common Core math". There is no such thing.

Stop writing articles about "Common Core math". There is no such thing.--Common Core is a set of standards, not a set of formulas or procedures that must be used for doing math problems. The articles about 'ridiculous' math homework is the fault of the curriculum used by a particular school, not with the Common Core standards.

Common Core does not require students to do division with 108 steps as the Arkansas mom claimed, nor does it require any specific strategies or formulas for doing any math problems. Today's article about the engineer dad's Facebook response to the " elaborate Common…

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Everything Amazing Kate Middleton Did in 2013 ---- GIVE US NEWS THAT MEANS SOMETHING. THIS JUNK AS WE THE PEOPLE KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!

Everything Amazing Kate Middleton Did in 2013 ---- GIVE US NEWS THAT MEANS SOMETHING. THIS JUNK AS WE THE PEOPLE KNOW IT!!!

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please use licensed Registered Dietitian/Nutritionists (RD or RDN) when giving nutrition advice!

Please use licensed and registered nutrition professionals (RD or RDN).
    Registered Holistic Nutritionist? She is probably breaking the law using the term "nutritionist" without a license.

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be sensitive to peoples religious beliefs

In this link- http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/muslim-student-asked-to--prove--her-religion-before-taking-school-photo-185447537.html
    You posted a picture of a woman who converted to Islam and then started wearing the modesty covering (HIjab). She is wearing that because she NOW believes that her hair and chest is something revealing i.e. of her nakedness. Now you may not believe that and that is fine it is a free country, but to take a picture of her from her FACEBOOK account taken BEFORE she believed that it was immodest and revealing is a great disrespect to her and her religion. It seems the writer in hopes to uncover a "story" has lost…

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. get rid of pop up ads

don't need ads popping up every time i change anything

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please remove the compilation video of people scaring their cats for laughs. Ellen would not approve!

I could only watch about 20 seconds of it. It is not kind or funny to scare animals. Then we wonder why they bite, scratch, and show other forms of aggression.

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base