Shine Lego

Dear Shine readers,

Do you have ideas for improving Yahoo Shine? We’re looking for suggestions that will have a positive impact on our site. It could be a simple site enhancement, a missed bug, or a story that’s bound to go viral. Every submission will have a chance at winning cool Yahoo merchandise. Vote for your favorite ideas to get our judges’ attention. It only takes a minute to participate! Click here for Official Rules.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I wish you would list the amount of calories, carbs, sodium, fat, fiber, etc. per serving for ALL of your recipes!!!

I wish you would list all of the nutritional things with all of your recipes!!!

22nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General Feedback about Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My suggestion, is to stop acting like dads don't exist or matter in all the articles that you publish. It's about time you included dads

Describe my idea, ok let's see. Start recognizing and including dads as the caregivers that they are. Raising children is not how you depict it in your articles. You writing out dads from your articles doesn't reflect the reality of those millions of dads that raise the kids.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 94th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General Feedback about Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I can comment on articles but cant see the answers, my bell wont light up and put them on...

my bell hasn't lit up for weeks, I can write a comment but get no response back, and my comments aren't derogatory in any sense..

94th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General Feedback about Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Shine readers,

We’ve heard from many of you requesting the Notifications bell on the page header. Our engineers are currently working to bring the feature back as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our site. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

5. yall need more articles, and varieties of articles

just alot of different types of articles. alot of the same thing over and over is what i am seeing and sometimes nothing new for days....

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General Feedback about Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Heather,
    We try to cover the most talk-about headlines across every category but maybe we are missing the mark. :( Can you tell us what kind of articles you’d like to see on Shine? Thanks!

6. STOP KARDISHIAN AND JENNER SLUT STORIES

Read the comments on the trash about the kardishian and jenner **** stories you people run and you'll realize that very few people like them and most of us are insulted that you people think normal people are interested in their ******, trashy worthless lives

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General Feedback about Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please get rid of the top banner menu that covers about 20% of the page.

I think it's this element in your code #yucsHead; position: fixed. When I look at pictures it covers parts of them.

198th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I do not understand why your "Reporter's" cannot understand a simple name change.

"Kate Middelton" is no more. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is her royal, OFFICIAL name and it makes every writer who calls her by her maiden name, look like a jerk. It's been over two year since she and Prince William married. At first it looked like a slip-up but now, considering how often she is reported on, it just comes off as rude and uncaring.

267th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Love & Sex section is overloaded with wedding dresses are heterosexual marriage!

In a society where not everyone wants to be married, why not bring the focus back to articles about love and *** and not heterosexual weddings? Give practical advice and tips for navigating through relationships. That is more interesting, empowering, and applicable to more people!

267th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General Feedback about Editorial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My suggestion is you can add some more pictures

My idea is that there should actually be more pictures and less writing as you can not actually understand it.

267th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. comment bubbles

when you feature outfits, makeup/hair products, you should be able to scroll over the outfit or item of choice and click and leave a comment bubble for others to click on and read and you can leave links to similar cheaper items

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. europeans only?

I looked forward to reading your articles, but was put off by all of the images only showing women of european ancestry. With all the beautiful women in the world, it's dismaying to only see one group represented. Where are the ppl with Congolese, Arab, Hispanic, Indian, Carribean, Vietnamese, Cambodian,Chinese,Hawaiian,Native Amerucan,Mexican,Nigerian,Ethiopean Alaskan ancestry?

I'm going to another site. Maybe if I check back I hope you start catering to more women than just those of european ancestry.

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please discontinue photos of bare pregnant stomachs in stories relating to pregnancy.

Make photos of bare pregnant stomachs unavailable on stories about pregnancy. These photos are gross and do not enhance the story. Respect women and their anatomy.

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fact checking- biotin is not "chock full of B vitamins", it is one of the B vitamins

Better fact checking needed for your story "The surprising facts of a good hair day", https://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/can-a-good-hair-day-ch. biotin is not "chock full of B vitamins", it is one of the B vitamins. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin Taking reasonable care not to spread misinformation is important with an audience as large as Yahoo's!

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. about horoscope

please arrange an setting that provide horoscope in our emails.
    thank you

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. don't call having your wisdom teeth removed "routine den

Don't call removal of wisdom teeth, "a routine dental procedure". It is very misleading. Your headline and wording working the article make it sound as if getting your wisdom teeth removed is something everyone has done and that dentists do every day.
    In general stop exaggeration of all your articles. Truth is better.

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Get better writers!

Get better writers, ones who under stand the grammatical structure of a sentence. Get people who understand grammar syntax. Get people who can spell. You also need editors whom actually read the stories being published instead of rubber stamping them as they apparently do!

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Publish interesting ideas and facts, propositions, not peoples deaths aand tragedies

Every day, when going into your page, I want to see good news, interesting propositions, but instead, the "trending" news are nothing but deaths, deaths, tragedies, the worst of people. Shine should mean birgthness, not darkness, estimulation for a better life, not another portrait of the worst.

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. suspend a writer

I just finished reading an article by Monica Bielanko concerning a two year old child being suspended from daycare because she brought in outside food.
    This is an interesting story. I do not have an opinion of whether or not the child should have been suspended or not. It is certainly very important to be cautious of the allergies of the people around you. However, Ms. Bielanko decided to spend a large portion of her article trashing the father of this child. He made a silly mistake. Yes, it could have had serious consequences. It did not and I assume…

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base