Shine Lego

Dear Shine readers,

Do you have ideas for improving Yahoo Shine? We’re looking for suggestions that will have a positive impact on our site. It could be a simple site enhancement, a missed bug, or a story that’s bound to go viral. Every submission will have a chance at winning cool Yahoo merchandise. Vote for your favorite ideas to get our judges’ attention. It only takes a minute to participate! Click here for Official Rules.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Shine readers,

We’ve heard from many of you requesting the Notifications bell on the page header. Our engineers are currently working to bring the feature back as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our site. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

2. 16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back Work & Money section to the top bar

It kind of seems like you've marginalized women who work by making it more difficult to get to the "Financially Fit" and "Secrets to Success" sections of your website. What I infer from the change is that the website owners think it is more important to have a great body and an amazing love life than a sound financial future and a career you love.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Lauren & Megan. Financially Fit was indeed a solid program but it came to an end when that sponsorship finished. We believe every area Lauren mentioned contribute to a full and well-rounded life which is why you’ll now see Career and Finance articles under our main Well Being tab (in addition to always finding under Secrets of Your Success in the Today tab). Thanks!

4. A couple of years ago, your Chinese horoscope, especially for Tiger was right on. Now it is just like any other generalized advice.

Please rehire the Chinese horoscope person you had a couple of years ago, or find someone who knows their stuff.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Put the comment section back on ALL yahoo stories

Put the comment sections back on ALL yahoo stories

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring "My Yahoo" back!!!...You have successfully hidden it from view, and may lose for that...Just sayin'

Bring "My Yahoo" back!!!...You have successfully hidden it from view, and may lose for that...Just sayin'

31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Singles Section

Start a new section on your site just for single women. You have a parenting section (and yes, there are single mothers) and you have a love & *** section, but what about the other concerns of single women like buying a home on your own, being single in your 30s & 40s, etc. etc.

31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 39th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Your mobile site blows.

The mobile site is difficult to navigate and use. To make it hard or impossible to get to the full site is a major disappointment. Mobile sites in general suck. Stop it. Major suckage.

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. nutritional info on all recipes

add nutritional info on all recipes as a whole lot of us are trying to loos weight

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. delete mens health advertorial

offensive - get rid of these ads from my site or i'll switch pages!!!!!!!!

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. you know emails,and games,accounts and money,how about something for free,for those of us who no longer have the services,we had years ago[o

do you have something for free,for those of us who have an email and password,but can't use them? kathleen mchale geneva nyps I have two passwords,but someone locked my account,lasy year[October 2013]and it's still locked!?no explanation,apology,or notification that the account was going to be locked.....or money returned{@$65.00 pogo account paid for for a year{game playing} but someone put an expensive device[barracuda 210 filter] on the computer to prevent game playing shopping,*******,sending emails,messages and other activites,while they are working.

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Yahoo shine - horoscopes really suck ! Because the page doesn't load content it loads ads - and until ads are done - nothing works. ! ! !

Really Yahoo ! You presumably have professional web developers .... now why can they not figure out that the Shine Horoscopes page is junky ? It opens, proceeds to load some content and then loads ads everywhere .... and until the ads load - nothing works - links don't show, click don't work and more often than not the page just freezes. Reload and try again .... on small browsers like phone - it just loads and loads and loads - same for the news main page - loading forever and never working. Scrap using phone to look at Yahoo.…

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 94th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Top Story Dropping the F- Bomb in Bold Print, wow really that is an all new low. I will not put up with having to see that ever on purpose!

No one in the history of the world has ever been offended by the lack of profanity. But, most people still are offended by the use of it and yet that's what you promote on the front page headline story????

94th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Yahoo Shine is giving problems for more than two months to view horoscopes on the Smart Phone. I am not sure if anyone has reported it,

There is a technical issue with Yahoo Shine! website that no longer shows all the menu on the Smartphone so am unable to view the horoscopes for about two months now. I just decided to finally report the frustration to get on the site via my Smartphone. It only shows Today, Well Being and Food etc. When you click the arrow to get other menu items it keeps on putting us back on the same page. It will be appreciated if this can be restored back to the way it was two months ago.

94th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Feedback adminFeedback admin responded

Hi again Rupa. We spoke too soon. Horoscopes is appearing, it’s just hidden beneath the fold. Click on the line icon in the upper left corner to reveal all Shine categories. Scroll down past Animals. Horoscopes is between Animals and My Shine. Note: Horoscopes isn’t appearing on the default page, you will have to click on the icon. Hope that helps!

17. 106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please eliminate the video advertisements with audio that randomly start up when you are reading the page.

Clicking on a video to watch it is one thing, but having an advert start up with audio when I am reading a page in invasive and intruding... please eliminate this and stick to banners.

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PAST RECIPES

I am looking for a recipe that was posted in June right before Father's Day. I made it and was delicious, but now the recipe is no where to be found on this site. The recipe was for jalapeno poppers that had panko in them and on them with cream cheese.

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be great if there was a place(recipe box) to keep and save your favorite recipe.

I have seen other sites that have a recipe box that you can keep your fav recipes in. All these recipes are great but how will i ever be able to just go back and look at them when ever i want. I dont have time to write them all down. Thank you and i hope you consider my request. It would make this site so much more fun and usefull.

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base