Shine Lego

Dear Shine readers,

Do you have ideas for improving Yahoo Shine? We’re looking for suggestions that will have a positive impact on our site. It could be a simple site enhancement, a missed bug, or a story that’s bound to go viral. Every submission will have a chance at winning cool Yahoo merchandise. Vote for your favorite ideas to get our judges’ attention. It only takes a minute to participate! Click here for Official Rules.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This story deserves attention. Colleen Lusk is my hero and she will become yours too.

I made a promise to my late friend that I would get her to meet Ellen DeGeneres. She passed away from Cystic Fibrosis, but I will not break my promise. Help me get her story and her family on the show. Our goal is to inspire others as Colleen did and to raise awareness for this disease. Please take a few minutes to watch this video. I promise it is worth your time.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJrb7p116cU

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to see my notifications!

I miss being able to see the notifications bell.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Shine readers,

We’ve heard from many of you requesting the Notifications bell on the page header. Our engineers are currently working to bring the feature back as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our site. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

3. This little drummer who wants to be on Ellen's show. http://youtu.be/H3kuhpl8fOk

8 yr old Alex Shumaker aka Little Mr. Ground Hog of Punxsutawney wants so badly to be on Ellen because he says she likes kids. Please make this happen. He is on You Tube and FB.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  Story Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please post more transcripts -- Why force me to watch a 2 minute video, when I can read the transcript in just a few seconds?

If you provide a transcript, I can quickly skim a story to see if it is of further interest, and I can slow done and read it at my own speed. Otherwise, I can quickly move on to the next story.
    Why force me to spend 2 minutes (or more) watching some video,
    only to find it is unimportant, not my lifestyle, or even (heaven forbid) factually incorrect, and/or merely the writer's opinion, and not factual (or fact checkable) at all?

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Negative Feedback About a Story  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Shine readers,

We’ve heard from many of you requesting the Notifications bell on the page header. Our engineers are currently working to bring the feature back as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our site. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

6. Why in the world would you take out the Notifications?

Put them back in would be the solution it helps us monitor our comments.

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Shine readers,

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

7. My 2 oldest children raised over $400 for kids at their school that couldn't afford lunch

My 2 oldest children raised over $400 for kids at their school that couldn't afford a hot lunch. They named their campaign "Feed My Friends." Their school is Holmes Elementary School in Lakewood, CA. They were featured in the local newspaper, The Press Telegram. I would love to see a story on Yahoo regarding this. They have worked so very hard all by themselves.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Story Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cheaper options!

Nothing worse than a slideshow of designer products and 'season must-haves', each of which cost more than my grocery bill.

Tip: Cheaper products, (read $40 and under) are appreciated. Also, don't assume we'll love them, just because the editor does.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. AMAZING Matron of Honor Speech that NO ONE saw coming!!! She got a STANDING OVATION!

Check out this "toast" given that I gave at my best friend's wedding. The bride, a school teacher, and the groom, a respected member of the Armed Forces, were married in IL on 4/26/14. They are the most special couple that I have ever met and have overcome so many hurdles to get where they are today. They are the true example of what it means to be in love, and I knew that I had to do something special for them. I hope that you enjoy!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-hiOfXtdY

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Story Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Kate Middleton is the Duchess of Cambridge

Others have commented on this as well, but I am beyond fed up with the fact that yahoo articles continue to refer to Catherine as "Kate Middleton." She was married over two years ago (remember that Royal Wedding that was all over the news?) She is a married woman, an official member of the royal family, and deserves a lot more respect than she is given by yahoo writers. Your editors should take ultimate responsibility, but I am shocked that anyone still feels that they can refer to her this way. I even remember reading a yahoo article explaining what…

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why is the comment board gone?

The comment board is gone, go back to the old format!

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The tool bar interferes with scrolling through articles.

The "scrolling" feature doesn't take account of the permanent bar Yahoo has now put at the top of each page, so when I try to scroll a screen at a time, I always lose a line or two of text and have to creep back up to it using the one-line-at-a-time arrow. It is a real pain! Please, how hard would it be to fix this?

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop pop up ads that move the page around. Trying to read an article it just bops up and down!

Remove ads that make pages bounce around! Hard to read and article that bounces up and down!

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hire editors with skill.

I'm so tired of reading Yahoo articles with spelling, gammar, and factual errors in them. Does anyone at Yahoo care about accuracy or proper sentence structure?

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistakes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back Work & Money section to the top bar

It kind of seems like you've marginalized women who work by making it more difficult to get to the "Financially Fit" and "Secrets to Success" sections of your website. What I infer from the change is that the website owners think it is more important to have a great body and an amazing love life than a sound financial future and a career you love.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Lauren & Megan. Financially Fit was indeed a solid program but it came to an end when that sponsorship finished. We believe every area Lauren mentioned contribute to a full and well-rounded life which is why you’ll now see Career and Finance articles under our main Well Being tab (in addition to always finding under Secrets of Your Success in the Today tab). Thanks!

18. I love Yahoo and it is my homepage. However, since the new "improvements" there have been so many clitches and links that don't work.

I have clicked on so many stories with links that are dead ends. This seems to be the norm lately for Yahoo. Also, the ads at the top of the page are fine if we can close them immediately. There's an iPod ad today that just stays there. I can't close it, not cool. I am not interested and forcing me to see it will not make me so.

These improvements were touted by Yahoo to make the whole Yahoo experience better for the user. It isn't working and I have given Yahoo a chance. SO many people jumped down…

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. do stories on everyday heroes.

do stories on everyday heroes. the neighbor that helps everyone, or the teens that are making a difference, or just anyone that makes a difference that's not noted everyday.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Story Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cover Dr. Chris "The Rockin Dentist" Kammer.

Please interview The Rockin Dentist. I learned about him via his American Idol audition and his process works. He is working to spread the word on gum disease (ranked #2 by the Surgeon General) and it's under-diagnosis. Then how to treat it reducing the chances of getting Heart Disease, Stroke, Diabetes, Obesity showing oral systemic health can't be ignored by the Dental community nor its patients. If you've been told to floss more, you may have Gum Disease.

20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Story Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41

Feedback and Knowledge Base