Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

Please post more transcripts -- Why force me to watch a 2 minute video, when I can read the transcript in just a few seconds?

If you provide a transcript, I can quickly skim a story to see if it is of further interest, and I can slow done and read it at my own speed. Otherwise, I can quickly move on to the next story.
Why force me to spend 2 minutes (or more) watching some video,
only to find it is unimportant, not my lifestyle, or even (heaven forbid) factually incorrect, and/or merely the writer's opinion, and not factual (or fact checkable) at all?

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SusanSusan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HATE HATE HATE video stories!!!! They should absolutely never ever be able to start without me okaying it. I open multiple tabs, and let me tell ya, when something starts talking, I tend to jump.

But, really - enough videos.

• MojtabaMojtaba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you provide a transcript, I can quickly skim a story to see if it is of further interest, and I can slow done and read it at my own speed. Otherwise, I can quickly move on to the next story.
        Why force me to spend 2 minutes (or more) watching some video,
        only to find it is unimportant, not my lifestyle, or even (heaven forbid) factually incorrect, and/or merely the writer's opinion, and not factual (or fact checkable) at al

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't appreciate being forced to watch a commercial to view a story or news clip either

Feedback and Knowledge Base