Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

Please post more transcripts -- Why force me to watch a 2 minute video, when I can read the transcript in just a few seconds?

If you provide a transcript, I can quickly skim a story to see if it is of further interest, and I can slow done and read it at my own speed. Otherwise, I can quickly move on to the next story.
Why force me to spend 2 minutes (or more) watching some video,
only to find it is unimportant, not my lifestyle, or even (heaven forbid) factually incorrect, and/or merely the writer's opinion, and not factual (or fact checkable) at all?

4th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Charles SmithCharles Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the story where the high school girl was complaining about her school's dress code, she complained about it focused on females because mostly women wore shorts. There is a difference in their atire. Males can probably go shirtless in the gym ir football field. Male's hormones are kicking in and weaaring short-shorts will distract males in school. The interview sounded as if she was just looking for excuses so she can do what she wants to do, and attempts to blame the school with excuses that are bogus and thinking the school may panic and give in so they don't appesr to be stunting the female psychy. The reporter should have asked tougher questions showing what it really was about; her getting her way as she may be getting at home. School is not for raising her,but for educating her in achemr

• SusanSusan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HATE HATE HATE video stories!!!! They should absolutely never ever be able to start without me okaying it. I open multiple tabs, and let me tell ya, when something starts talking, I tend to jump.

But, really - enough videos.

• MojtabaMojtaba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you provide a transcript, I can quickly skim a story to see if it is of further interest, and I can slow done and read it at my own speed. Otherwise, I can quickly move on to the next story.
        Why force me to spend 2 minutes (or more) watching some video,
        only to find it is unimportant, not my lifestyle, or even (heaven forbid) factually incorrect, and/or merely the writer's opinion, and not factual (or fact checkable) at al

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't appreciate being forced to watch a commercial to view a story or news clip either

Feedback and Knowledge Base