Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

I want to see my notifications!

I miss being able to see the notifications bell.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeremy KershawJeremy Kershaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Aisha Karyle ReyesAisha Karyle Reyes shared a merged idea: Iwant to see my notification and know my notification  ·   · 
    CarrieCarrie shared a merged idea: Notifications? Also, annoying slideshows.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i want to see my notification  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: would like to see my notifications  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I would like to know when someone posted a comment referring to what I wrote about.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i want to see my notifation  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i want to see my notifation  ·   · 
    Rudba RahmanRudba Rahman shared a merged idea: I would like to see my notifications!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    MelanieMelanie shared a merged idea: The Notification Bell  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Notification needed  ·   · 
    vickie dooleyvickie dooley shared a merged idea: I'm not getting my notifications.  ·   · 
    AngieAngie shared a merged idea: I love the new look. Just want my notifications back.  ·   · 
    GaylGayl shared a merged idea: Just like another comment on here...Why in the world would you take out the notifications bell? What ya-hoo took it out?  ·   · 
    AngieAngie shared a merged idea: Give us our notifications back  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I do not need another tool bar across the top of my page and where's my notifications???  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How can you tell now when you have a notification??  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Yahoo made us change format, now we no longer have the icon that shows when we have a comment or thumbs up. How about giving back the icon?  ·   · 
    Julie MorrisonJulie Morrison shared a merged idea: Please GO BACK to the old format!  ·   · 
    cararacscararacs shared a merged idea: What happened to comment notifications?!?  ·   · 
    TaylorTaylor shared a merged idea: What's the point in comments on articles if we can't even see who's responded? Totally lame. You guys suck.  ·   · 
    MariAnaMariAna shared a merged idea: where are the notifications from shine?  ·   · 
    jimjim shared a merged idea: now on shine and omg..you dont see your notifications from comments..why ?  ·   · 
    DanDan shared a merged idea: New notification and comment board is no good please return to former format.  ·   · 
    Started  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Dear Shine readers,

We’ve heard from many of you requesting the Notifications bell on the page header. Our engineers are currently working to bring the feature back as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve our site. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo simply has no regard for those who contribute....I have had it with Yahoo Answers.

What takes so long? This response from "product support" was over 6 months ago and still no notifications. I don't understand why they took it away to begin with. I'd be a little more understanding if they tried to replace it and it didn't work but they just took it away.

The Notification Bell was great, I don't know why you removed it in the first place!

• Ashfaque AhmedAshfaque Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Sir, I have made a mistake due to unawareness that I have clicked to the unsubscribe option.It is therefore my earnestly request is don't remove my email address: ASHFAQUEMANGRIO10@YAHOO.COM because of single way to contct over the world.
        Your message as:(Your unsubscribe request for email address 'ashfaquemangrio10@yahoo.com' has been successfully received.
        Please allow 24-48 hours for your email to be completely removed from the system.
        Kindly neglect it and remain continue my yahoo email address.Thanks

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very poor show, I have to log in to Yahoo UK just to see my notifications bell. How is it that their site without "up-dates" works better than our new and improved site? Weird.

What BS? "Our Engineers are working on it" It worked until you took it off, now no one can find their notifications. It takes about three minutes to put the bell back, it would take three additional minutes to put some other notification symbol. It has been missing for months. Are your "engineers" really that stupid?

• Cynthia1770Cynthia1770 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has nothing to do with Shine. This is about Andrea, who has
        ovarian cancer. The German Cancer clinics are light year ahead of
        the US. Pres. Reagan had access to any cancer clinic in the US and
        he headed to Germany. The doctor that took care of him, Dr. Niepur
        said that he did treat him successfully and that he has also
        treated FDA executives. Tell Andrea to max out her credit cards
        and head for Germany. Forget the squabbling about experimental
        drugs. Cancer is a billion dollar industry and BigPharma is
        reaping the benefit. Do a little research. It doesn't take much to
        figure out what Is really going on. I wouldn't take the time to write
        this, but I would feel remiss if didn't try to contact someone. My
        nephew, who has cancer, is going to Germany for treatment.
        Best regards--------As far as shine, go for a Pulitzer and write
        about the German Cancer Clinics. Everybody needs to get
        enraged about the "cut, poison, burn" method of conventional
        cancer treatment.

• Alessandro PereiraAlessandro Pereira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how did they fk it up???!!!!
        that was the only reason, I would spend more time in yahoo than in FB
        don't make me hate you grrrrrrrrrrr

• CarolCarol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The notifications bell shows up on the ABC news site, but not Yahoo. What's up?

• PeggyPeggy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As soon as we get familiar, you ******** change it, just think about others first. Always causing as much stress as you can with constant change....it gets maddening, like we are always under assault. Leave us alone. Let sleeping dogs lie.

• MariAnaMariAna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put the notifications back-it so much part of the fun-why did you take it away?

• DeeDee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quit messing with what worked.....Fire the idiots that are "improving" chit!!!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base