Submit your idea for a chance to win a Shine tote and more!

Kate Middleton is the Duchess of Cambridge

Others have commented on this as well, but I am beyond fed up with the fact that yahoo articles continue to refer to Catherine as "Kate Middleton." She was married over two years ago (remember that Royal Wedding that was all over the news?) She is a married woman, an official member of the royal family, and deserves a lot more respect than she is given by yahoo writers. Your editors should take ultimate responsibility, but I am shocked that anyone still feels that they can refer to her this way. I even remember reading a yahoo article explaining what her new title would be after marrying Prince William!

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SarahSarah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    gwendolyn maddygwendolyn maddy shared a merged idea: quit annoying readers by calling the duchess "kate middleton"! She is a married woman and a mother, and has the titles princess william and  ·   · 
    Dr. Shenka AlfassaDr. Shenka Alfassa shared a merged idea: Stop calling the countess by her middle name you idiots  ·   · 
    KarenKaren shared a merged idea: Would you please stop calling her Kate "Middleton" and either use her royal title or her married name for heaven sake!!!!  ·   · 
    TammyTammy shared a merged idea: Beth greenfield needs to stop being disrespectful by calling Duchess Katherine, Kate Middleton. Did she miss the wedding? B.G.  ·   · 
    margyshamargysha shared a merged idea: Kate Middleton?  ·   · 

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dorisdoris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe the media constantly referring to her by her common name is the reason the elders of
        the royal court want to turn her into what THEY want her to be. Call her by her married name and
        maybe they will stop trying to change her looks. The hemlines and the haircut. She is beautiful
        and I don't believe her spirit can be broken. This will be a true love story or if left up to others,
        another case of Princess Diana. Show her the respect she deserves and let her be.

• AriesAries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cut out the "Kate" as well. That was a moniker made up by "The Sun" because it rhymed with "Waitey Katey". There is NO KATE!! Catherine has ALWAYS been her name. I hate the article written about Cressida, an aristocratic party girl who kisses other women -vs- Anti-Kate? Use some common sense please. Catherine -vs- Cressida maybe? Not Kate? Kaye is not a person- it is a moniker.

• AriesAries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that her name should be always used as Catherine. I hate your articles because of this disrespect. William, her husband, calls her Catherine. The birth certificate of her son calls her Catherine. What do we readers have to do to get you all to quit using the moniker "Kate" or "Kate Middleton"? Catherine is a married royal with a title. Married royals with a title don't go by any surname, especially their single name. Every other title royal, even commoner Charlene Wittstock, who married Prince Albert is called Princess Charlene. Is it because she is a Duchess? What is your issue with her? Why are you bullying her and insulting the readers?

• jaejae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge. She should only be known by this!

• CDCD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think All the readers of Yahoo News will appreciate if you stop calling Princess Catherine in the news as Kate Middleton. Its INCORRECT and Yahoo could be sued for misrepresentation.

• JoanJoan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As you are "gathering feedback" I want to state my frustration with articles regarding Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge. In pubishing an article about anyone, in which their name is used, I strongly feel that it is a professional responsibility of Yahoo, whether it's Shine or any other unit of Yahoo, such as OMG, to refer to all persons in the story correctly. With regard to the Duchess of Cambridge, you continually say "Kate" or "Kate Middleton" which is contrary to how they themselves have chosen to be called. The have a website. I will not list it here because I'm afraid you'll then reject my comment, so I am asking as a reader of Yahoo, that you do a search for the Royal couple's website. On the site, in covering the wedding, you will see "On 29th April 2011, Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton were married at Westminster Abbey. The couple are now known as The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge." Why can't you honor their wishes and only refer to her as the Duchess of Cambridge? If you cannot find a story that honors these wishes, realizing that you do use stories from other sources, Yahoo should have a writer do a story from scratch, rather than publishing something that is incorrect and against the royal couple's wishes. Your continual use of her maiden name, as if she never got married, embarrasses me as an American. If we want other countries to respect people in the US, the least we can do is to respect the titles of people in their countries. First Lady Michelle Obama is not Michelle Robinson. You would not refer to her as Michelle Robinson. Why do you continually refer to the Duchess of Cambridge as Kate Middleton, a name she has not used for over 2 years?

Feedback and Knowledge Base