Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

New Y! "My Comments" - Feedback Welcomed!

Dear Yahoo! users,

We've heard that you are having problems with regards to the new "My Comments" tab on the site.

If you are one of those users, please post here and tell us a few more things so that we can investigate the problem and fix it:

1) What the exact problem you were seeing, e.g. error messages?

2) Which browser and browser version are you using (example: Firefox 14.0.1)?

Thanks for your help.
Yahoo! Product Support

36th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    GARENGAREN shared a merged idea: Yahoo . .. I have previously posted a genuine comment regarding your new layout, only to have it removed!  ·   · 
    christinechristine shared a merged idea: yahoo i still cant comment  ·   · 
    GARENGAREN shared a merged idea: The changes made to the 'My Comments' tab, on Yahoo comments, is very messy!  ·   · 
    ToppaToppa shared a merged idea: Your New Suggestion Page is Not Working For Me.  ·   · 

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlAl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let me clarify: One day you can comment on a news article, but when you get an e-mail saying someone has responded, clicking on that link directs you to the article, but the article now has a blue boarder around the text and there is no comments section to view.
        E.g. Today I commented on "Britain’s Sir Jonathan Ive is the “soul” of Apple - not Steve Jobs, says biographer", someone responded, but clicking the e-mailed link gives me the same article with the blue border and no comments section - so I can't see how many thumbs up etc... This has been happening for years... on PC and Mac.

• Steven RowanSteven Rowan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SERIOUSLY!!??... You don't know what the problem is? If I was to tell a brain surgeon something a bit more specific than "my head hurts!", he'd think I was trying to do his job for him!

The MY COMMENTS tab does not work - simple as!! (apologies for using "techno-babble...)

•  robert blackmore robert blackmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I AM UNABLE TO COMMENT ON POSTS, THERE ARE NO ERROR MESSAGES, THE COMMENT BOX JUST DOENT OPEN FOR ME TO MAKE ONE, EVEN THOUGH I AM SIGNED IN???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To prevent spam, URLs and Email Ids are not allowed in comments;
        This what I get when I present a comment.

• BrendaBrenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem as others---no posting ability, posts stay 'hazed over bluish', wheel goes round & round, no "like" button.
        I did as Yahoo "help" suggested----"Disabled FireFox Extensions"..... no help. Did a system 'rollback' on my laptop--to a week ago (before this problem).... again, No Help !!
        (Seems I am "blocked"---but I always "mind my manners", and never "name call" anyone.)

Windows7
        FireFox 16.0.2

Thanks !!

• debsdebs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Anon Aug 26th..its now october..and I have unclicked compatibility view..and Yipee its fixed..wish I had found this sooner..once again many thanks

• Gerry GeorgeGerry George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Caroline Taylor and Jim - who have posted below - are experiencing exactly what I keep getting, and which prevents all three of us from making a contribution. Could you explain what is the reason for this, please, and whether it is either an object-lesson in censorship - unquestionably your prerogative, no question about that - or whether it really is due to technical problems. *Sorry, comments did not load properly, things may not work*, are getting so common now, that one might as well refrain from trying to make a contribution to your discussions.

• Gerry GeorgeGerry George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only am I sometimes unable to download *My Comments*, but - presumably for blocking further messages from me, on one topic or another - I get a message which tells me there is a problem, which is preventing me from downloading the comments facility, and therefore I am denied the opportunity to contribute. Is this deliberate, I wonder - in which case, of course, I am obliged to defer to your judgement and rulings - or is it really simple productive of a technical glitch ?

• Melanie EMelanie E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I go to my comments to check up on a thread, It will open a totally unrealted thread from a totally unreated story a majority of the time. And if this is because a thread has been delated, just say so

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, comments didn't load correctly; things may not work.

This is what comes up. A few weeks ago I could comment then it became above.
        Its very irritating as the issues I am seeing need commenting upon. I have not changed my Firefox browser or anything - the change has come from Yahoo. I am probaly amonst your oldest users and quite frankly not very happy in the last few years with the way it has gone.

• Caroline TaylorCaroline Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Error message "Sorry, comments didn't load correctly; things may not work" appears almost every time I try to read comments.

2) Browser used: Internet Explorer'.

Very frustrating.

• idundiditidundidit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using internet explorer, when popup comes up, post as yahoo facebook or google, doesn't matter what I choose. My comments don't make it to the article. I am really tired of it. I will probably end up using yahoo as a dummy e mail.

• WebLobsterWebLobster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The <b>Notification icon</b> often spits out old notifications and on a repetitive basis. I check them but there's nothing new on my comment (no change in replies or thumbs up/down).

Please put an "X" so I can selectively delete notifications.

Browser: Chrome 20.0.1132.47

At the end of a news report this comment box use to automatically appear with my profile name asking me to post a comment. but now all I get after the news report is ``comments`` and a circullar rotating star which normally means loading and no comment box with my name so no way to leave a comment, I can only read comments left by others and wonder why I can`t make a comment anymore

Hi all,
        I think I may have found out the reason some IE9 users may not be able to make a comment and do not see thumbs up or down. Also, the spinning wheel? wait indicator.
        Check under Tools to see if Compatibility View is checked. If so uncheck and you should be back to normal. Good Luck.

• christinechristine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well said garen.i have found this new method time consuming and laborious.it takes any pleasure out of a sensible debate as you spend half the time trying to thread replies together.glad its not just me who finds this new method totally ....um....pants! (thats the cleanest appropriate word i can think of right now.lol)

Unable to comment - no comment box & no thumbs up or down. IE9 & Vista ultimate. Well done for responding to complaints.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base