Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

Cool it with the adverts - your site is becoming un-usable

Reduce the number of adverts, plug-ins, cookies and whatever else makes the site so slow. Please also remove the sales stuff based on my recent searches - it's none of your business.

10th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Liz WilsonLiz Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree with you, I am sick of them, they are so annoying. I am going to go
        to another provider,although they are all probably the same. I have just had a look at
        the terms of service which you have to accept to post this comment. How many people
        read them!! I expect they hope not many, I have not the time or inclination to do so. They
        should simplify them. I expect I have agreed to sell my email address to China! Who knows!?

• GARENGAREN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get a little bored of these comments regarding adverts. - (before Yahoo suggestions was overrun by the same group of people, complaining about the same group of users) . ..I gave many suggestions to people, regarding methods of avoiding adverts but they seem to have fallen on deaf ears!) - I have given up telling people how to circumnavigate these but I will tell you this:

Cookies are pretty much unavoidable and do not make a site slower, infact in many cases, the opposite it true, deleting your cookies WILL slow you down. Yahoo requires no dedicated plug-ins (apart from the usual stuff that you need for general internet use eg.Adobe Flash.) . . .And finally; Adverts! . . .. They are a necessity on what is essentially a free website - either pay a subscription, find a way around the adverts or put up with them!!!!

The only beef I every had (and I mentioned it once or twice on the old style suggestions page) was the use of 'Autoplay' for videos and this still stands!

Feedback and Knowledge Base