Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

please solve the 3 minutes rule in yahoo spades, it is the concern over 90 percent of people in yahoo spades have,

When some players are upset or losing the wait for 3 minutes to play each card, yahoo allowes a player to do that as many times as they want, witch is bad for the other player and the game. if yahoo only allow each player to do that 2 or maybe 3 times maximum in 1 game and if more they forfiet and lose that be much better for every one. thank you Mike Romhani

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike RowhaniMike Rowhani shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

With the exception of Pool, Poker and Bingo, which already have new versions available, all Yahoo Parlor games will be completely shut down on March 31st, including their chat rooms, leagues and ratings. Please note, while Pool, Poker and Bingo do have newer version, the older versions are also being shut down on the 31st.

The new versions are also available in the app stores for Android and iOS versions. We will have a wide variety of games released throughout 2014, please watch for announcements on our Games homepage, on Facebook and in the news.

You can try new versions of Pool, Poker, and Bingo on the Games website and mobile platforms today. We’ll continually add new features and games in 2014, and we would love to have feedback from you.

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bernardo Gomez JuncoBernardo Gomez Junco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I receive from yahoo uservoice the confirmation that parlor games will shut down on march 31st. Sad to ear also that theres not goung any new version of those. I just cant understand that you are willing to loose all those loyal users before trying to review your business options to make it profitable (e.g. Monthly or yearly fee, ads or tournaments) I calculate you have at least half a million users and among them -best case scenario- no more than 40% will move on to your new alternatives (the rest will try options from competitors). So, use parlor games as a cash cow to develop modern and more atractive options for new generation. That I would understand and share.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 3 minute allowance before ff is way too long. Perhaps if player does this 3 times in a row, he/she could be booted thanks

i sumbitted my idea. accumulative idle time. 3 min idle time per game, if u are idle more than 3 min during whole game u are booted and lose points.

• ElizabethElizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 minutes between moves for spades!!!!!!!!!!!! Backgammon has stalling time is 5 minutes. Sometimes 1 game lasts for 2 hours and the staller is hopping you will get tired and quit.

The same thing happens playing backgammon, your oppt will be losing and then say i hope you enjoy waiting, they play every 5 min, which can take hours to play angame, some of them do this after a couple of turns hoping you will resign to improve there ranking!

THIS RULE OF MIKE ROMHANI'S SHOULD ALSO APPLY TO HEARTS. DO NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO STALL FOR 3 MIN. THEN PLAY A CARD AND CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTILL EVERYONE JUST GIVES. ALLOW THEM TO STALL 2 OR 3 TIMES MAX. THEN FORFIET. ALSO RID THE HEARTS GAME OF THE TRAM BUTTON. ITS CHANGES THE OUTCOME OF A GAME FOR EVERYONE. SOMEONE WHO IS ABOUT TO WIN COULD EASELY LOSE WITH THE CLICK OF THE BUTTON.

Get rid of the 3 minutes, the tram for those altering the outcome of the game and the bots .........

I agree. This rule though I believe was set up to help with people who freeze up and need time to get back but is being used by players to bully and increase their wins. Pinochle has really gotten bad with people even getting angry with partners for not playing their way or people just doing it for no reason, and stalling the game playing one card every three minutes. Many players go to relax and have fun. Their are many nice players and I believe playing would improve with Mike Romhani's idea. I also believe Yahoo needs to monitor the chat rooms more for offensive language. Yes, you can use the ignore to block a person but, only after you have seen said language.

I like this one except I think we should have 10- 15 sec to play a card. If you go past that more than twice then auto boot and let the other 3 players decide what to do.

Yahoo will do nothing to fix this. The three minute timer has been in place for over a decade. People have complained about it many times yet they continue to do nothing. I have left Yahoo spades and now play on MSN where they have a 30 second move timer. They also automatically boot people who have not taken a turn after timing out the timer 3 times.

I think you should stall when you have a partner that throws a game. if the bid is 13 or dn blind the the partner should stall. it is the only recorse to people that want to throw a game. The 3 min maintains the integrety of the room.

• TonyaTonya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use to play on yahoo all the time..I like it better than other sites. I left for a long while because of the sore players that wait three minutes to play a card each time, I decided to give it a try again and the first game back one of the players decided another player was taking to long to play( which they really weren't) so that person dedided to take the 3 min to play each hand and it took almost 2 hours to play that game. In another site I go to if a player stalls continuesly the other player have the right to vote them out...and no one if effectived but that player. Why can't yahoo do something like this?

• Lisa MilitanteLisa Militante commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great ideas and I share the concerns of these players. Obviously, they (and I) are avid players and as such can make our discarding selections quickly. But, it wasn't always this way. These ideas would be great for Beginner Tables and up, but I think it will be okay if Yahoo! uses its discretion to offer longer times in the Social Table rooms. And I echo the player who said, "Thanks for letting us communicate with you about the games we are so passionate about."

Lisa Militante

I really don't think it is necessary for a person to take three minutes to play a card whether it be on purpose (stalling) or otherwise. If you have to jump up to do something else while playing spades, maybe you should not be playing at that time. One minute should be sufficient.

Thank you for allowing us to express our feelings. Marion Nicks

• lolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would vote for 5 times over 2.30 or mk the 3min limit degresive with a viewable countdown

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base