Players who aren't actually playing
In Yahoo Hearts (an likely other games), there are players who don't actually play but, instead, hog up multiple tables at the top of the list of available tables and then sit in the chat area and BS.
The biggest culprit in Hearts is a guy who changes his name occasionally: currently he is using "Obama_the_skank" but he had been using "Obama_the_shank". (See the difference?)
I don't care what he does or says in the chat room: free speech and all. But he hogs up as many as 5 tables and just sits there. He becomes host by joining the tables when a seat opens, then patiently waits until he is the most senior player left, which makes him the host. He does this EVERY night.
Can't you include a feature that would either: prevent a player from being host of more than 1 table at a time, since it's rude to be at more than one table in such a rapidly moving game ANY way; or delete a table if a game isn't begun on it in less than just a couple of minutes?
Smokey Boy commented
I reported this as abuse in Word Racer - one woman, several names has "owned" 4-5 tables for weeks, never uses them, but Yahoo doesn't count that as abusive, nor will they do anything. Did you get action or a response? Tried to ping, request, beg, boot - got nada. Why does this "provisional" player get to shut down all tables this way?
I sent a customer service complaint regarding an extremely abusive user and received the most generic and unhelpful message today. The user was the.junkyard_dog in Yahoo! spades beginner room who was stalling and booting the room with one of those booter programs (with research, VIPRASYS.org offers many programs to hack Yahoo!).
1. No more 3 minute cards intervals, make it 30 seconds and players can initiate the bot a couple times if waiting for a player to return).
2. NO CHATTING ALLOWED, PERIOD (it only leads to abuse and people are there to play the card game; it also helps with the scrolling text booter bots).
3. Allow a GROUP BOOT option, whereas if all members at a game table agree and participate in pushing the GROUP BOOT BUTTON, the abusive player is automatically ejected from the game.
4. Allow a GROUP CANCEL option, whereas if at least three people mutually agree and press the GROUP CANCEL BUTTON, the game is automatically cancelled by majority vote.
5. Remove the rated game play and player ratings all together, although this might make some upset, it removes the competition aspect, which also leads to abuse.
6. Investigate the website VIPRASYS and investigate the person(s) in which these programs originated and prosecute.
7. Do nothing, which seems to be what the people expect from Yahoo! and everyone can go to VIPRASYS, learn how to use this hacking program and we can have a huge booter software revolution...?
And Obama has 2 or 3 other ID's that also tie up tables on TWO lobbies! Can't something be done about him?
antonio ferra toledo commented
SERIA POSIBLE ENVIARME TODA ESTA INFORMACION EN EL IDIOMA ESPAÑOL ?
Joyce Hilliard commented
Ditto for Literati - some people have a table for half an hour and don't play!
You can add Barry_the_laywer to this post as he does the same thing.
If you go into the hearts room, social table Adobe hut Obama_The_Skank is doing that right now. He does that every night.