Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

to stop stalling on spades there needs no be an option where the 3 players being stalled can agree to boot the staller

if three players agree then the staller should be booted. I don't see it being missed used.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree...the stallers ruin the experience!!!!!!! HAVE to put an end to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Group boot is probably not a good ides. Not needed if, as one poster stated, you get rid of chat (so zero abusive language at the table) and you limit the turn time to 30 seconds. If you don't play in that time period, then you may be booted.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sent a customer service complaint regarding an extremely abusive user and received the most generic and unhelpful message today. The user was the.junkyard_dog in Yahoo! spades beginner room who was stalling and booting the room with one of those booter programs (with research, VIPRASYS.org offers many programs to hack Yahoo!).
        1. No more 3 minute cards intervals, make it 30 seconds and players can initiate the bot a couple times if waiting for a player to return).
        2. NO CHATTING ALLOWED, PERIOD (it only leads to abuse and people are there to play the card game; it also helps with the scrolling text booter bots).
        3. Allow a GROUP BOOT option, whereas if all members at a game table agree and participate in pushing the GROUP BOOT BUTTON, the abusive player is automatically ejected from the game.
        4. Allow a GROUP CANCEL option, whereas if at least three people mutually agree and press the GROUP CANCEL BUTTON, the game is automatically cancelled by majority vote.
        5. Remove the rated game play and player ratings all together, although this might make some upset, it removes the competition aspect, which also leads to abuse.
        6. Investigate the website VIPRASYS and investigate the person(s) in which these programs originated and prosecute.
        7. Do nothing, which seems to be what the people expect from Yahoo! and everyone can go to VIPRASYS, learn how to use this hacking program and we can have a huge booter software revolution...?

I do not agree with giving three players the power to boot. Opponents will be happy with it and if your P has to leave early, then you can be booted after having done no wrong.
        Or, say you get in an argument with your P, all he has to do is hook-up with the opponents and you suffer a loss. BAD idea.

The better idea is to limit the move time.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys are missing the real point. We have people who are sitting at tables in threes to cheat. that is the two guys on the same side play properly, while the third one deliberately loses, to boost the other two. This is by far the main reason why people stall i.e. use up 3 minutes yahoo allows between goes, as this is the only way to counter this obvious cheating.

• dennis witthundennis witthun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

spades and sheepshead have people who intentionaly stall. if the other players in the game agree to boot him it should happen immediately. this will solve the problem

I agree. But why should I be barred from playing when I report abuse. Abuse is when a player is deliberately stalling. This is not fair

Feedback and Knowledge Base