to stop stalling on spades there needs no be an option where the 3 players being stalled can agree to boot the staller
if three players agree then the staller should be booted. I don't see it being missed used.
Completely agree...the stallers ruin the experience!!!!!!! HAVE to put an end to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe it.s there maching or slow service if they go to the wash room inthe middle of a game or go to answer the door then boot them
Group boot is probably not a good ides. Not needed if, as one poster stated, you get rid of chat (so zero abusive language at the table) and you limit the turn time to 30 seconds. If you don't play in that time period, then you may be booted.
I have no idea what this is about ! I have never played stalling nor spades !
I sent a customer service complaint regarding an extremely abusive user and received the most generic and unhelpful message today. The user was the.junkyard_dog in Yahoo! spades beginner room who was stalling and booting the room with one of those booter programs (with research, VIPRASYS.org offers many programs to hack Yahoo!).
1. No more 3 minute cards intervals, make it 30 seconds and players can initiate the bot a couple times if waiting for a player to return).
2. NO CHATTING ALLOWED, PERIOD (it only leads to abuse and people are there to play the card game; it also helps with the scrolling text booter bots).
3. Allow a GROUP BOOT option, whereas if all members at a game table agree and participate in pushing the GROUP BOOT BUTTON, the abusive player is automatically ejected from the game.
4. Allow a GROUP CANCEL option, whereas if at least three people mutually agree and press the GROUP CANCEL BUTTON, the game is automatically cancelled by majority vote.
5. Remove the rated game play and player ratings all together, although this might make some upset, it removes the competition aspect, which also leads to abuse.
6. Investigate the website VIPRASYS and investigate the person(s) in which these programs originated and prosecute.
7. Do nothing, which seems to be what the people expect from Yahoo! and everyone can go to VIPRASYS, learn how to use this hacking program and we can have a huge booter software revolution...?
Agree, boot those who stall the game
yes they shouldbe booted
these yahoo guys don't even let me enter a game
I do not agree with giving three players the power to boot. Opponents will be happy with it and if your P has to leave early, then you can be booted after having done no wrong.
Or, say you get in an argument with your P, all he has to do is hook-up with the opponents and you suffer a loss. BAD idea.
The better idea is to limit the move time.
just be thankful for what you have on this stop acting like a baby
You guys are missing the real point. We have people who are sitting at tables in threes to cheat. that is the two guys on the same side play properly, while the third one deliberately loses, to boost the other two. This is by far the main reason why people stall i.e. use up 3 minutes yahoo allows between goes, as this is the only way to counter this obvious cheating.
Please do it for Hearts, as well.
dennis witthun commented
spades and sheepshead have people who intentionaly stall. if the other players in the game agree to boot him it should happen immediately. this will solve the problem
I agree. But why should I be barred from playing when I report abuse. Abuse is when a player is deliberately stalling. This is not fair