Solving "stalling" in Spades and other games
A player will have 12 secs to make his/her move and an additional "timebank" of 3 minutes. Timebank will start been used after those 12 secs elapse. After it ends, player will have only those 12 seconds.
With the exception of Pool, Poker and Bingo, which already have new versions available, all Yahoo Parlor games will be completely shut down on March 31st, including their chat rooms, leagues and ratings. Please note, while Pool, Poker and Bingo do have newer version, the older versions are also being shut down on the 31st.
The new versions are also available in the app stores for Android and iOS versions. We will have a wide variety of games released throughout 2014, please watch for announcements on our Games homepage, on Facebook and in the news.
Gary Johnston commented
Many players on Hearts play as a team and stall less that three minutes per card..This usually ends up in a FF game..WHY can the game not be programed that someone who stalls 30 seconds is booted from the game with a penalty..I really like playing hearts..It is becoming tougher and tougher to get a good game anymore
I disagree with a 3 person boot agreement. We all know, in whatever card game we play, that when one side is losing they will delay the game because they'll know that with a 3-person boot option the game will be cancelled. That will just give a license to most of these jerks so they will never have to complete a game again. It'll just give the cheats another way to inflate their win percent by only finishing a game they are winning.
I say if all three players report abuse at the table . the player gets a auto ejection
I sent a customer service complaint regarding an extremely abusive user and received the most generic and unhelpful message today. The user was the.junkyard_dog in Yahoo! spades beginner room who was stalling and booting the room with one of those booter programs (with research, VIPRASYS.org offers many programs to hack Yahoo!).
1. No more 3 minute cards intervals, make it 30 seconds and players can initiate the bot a couple times if waiting for a player to return).
2. NO CHATTING ALLOWED, PERIOD (it only leads to abuse and people are there to play the card game; it also helps with the scrolling text booter bots).
3. Allow a GROUP BOOT option, whereas if all members at a game table agree and participate in pushing the GROUP BOOT BUTTON, the abusive player is automatically ejected from the game.
4. Allow a GROUP CANCEL option, whereas if at least three people mutually agree and press the GROUP CANCEL BUTTON, the game is automatically cancelled by majority vote.
5. Remove the rated game play and player ratings all together, although this might make some upset, it removes the competition aspect, which also leads to abuse.
6. Investigate the website VIPRASYS and investigate the person(s) in which these programs originated and prosecute.
7. Do nothing, which seems to be what the people expect from Yahoo! and everyone can go to VIPRASYS, learn how to use this hacking program and we can have a huge booter software revolution...?
help get on spades
This is a reasonable and, I believe, effective solution to the "stalling" problem in the hearts game. Players stalling the game is a serious problem and should be addressed promptly. I have reported abuse of the existing 3 minute rule many times with no response from yahoo.
EXCELLENT This would stop many problems.
PLEASE pass this suggestion PINOCHLE, stallers have been a serious problem there for YEARS.
Or more like you could create times tables like in chess.