Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

There should be no cussing in rooms. Profanity users should have 1 day or more suspension

4th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think people should be able to use messenger and chat while in a game this is how they cheat and its disrespectful its suppose to be fun

• SpacewomanSpacewoman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let people CUSS all they want if you keep the option of filtering profanity its fine with me.

Some individuals on Canasta have terrible, filthy, nasty language. It is awful. I've created a hand written list and just don't play with these players. Unfortunately, we cannot do much more than this and use the filter that we have. Foul language does not belong in a public game playing area like Yahoo's.

I too have set my security high and it doesn't do anything. I hate the profanity and the rudeness.

Pogo.com is a very disciplined site. they do not allow any profanity. They have hosts that you can call in. The host will come in read the chat then freeze that account for up to 3 months

YAHOO has a wondeful tool to counteract morons, flamers, trolls, miscreants, or CARD COUNTER advertising bots who spam, curse or babble incessantly in the lobby. Simply double click the idiots name, check the ignore box and POOF, moron-b-gone.

• JudyJudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats what profanity filters are for, and thats also what "ignore' is for. ah, the silence. Cussing is a wide load, with not everyone agreeing on what is and what isnt. To one person body references is okay but body functions is not. To another, **** and **** send them into a tailspin. Its all relative. and using @@@@ only makes mild profanity seem much worse than it is.

This should be an easy fix. I have been in areas where chat was "monitored" through coding so if I cussed I was warned and if I did it again I was booted. As it is I cannot teach my children to play hearts on Yahoo because of the horrible language.

Feedback and Knowledge Base