Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

Backgammon

Please get rid of 101 games. This is the major cause of cheating and rude, foul language abuse. Get rid of game length..... let the double cube work as in normal backgammon, and reward points based on cube.... not convoluted formula which discourages most players from playing anyone with different points than them because of fear of points formula should they lose game. Cheaters set up 101 game tables and then stall their way to points because u are locked into 101 games and u give up and time out..................... MASSIVE abuse could be avoided if u let points be awarded based on cube (like real world) and get rid of game length option so u are not tied to table forever if your opponent will not double.........

AM I WRONG OR WHAT??????????????????????????

18th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ozzie zanteozzie zante shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lindalinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been playing online backgammon for 13 years... why is it that i cant get past 1604 pts! it is so frustrating... I have been playing this board game since 1978, so i know how to play.. I swear everyone cheats in this game... I have even been accused of cheating when i all of a sudden get some doubles... there is so much profanity and rude people on here it is RIDICULOUS.. I have gone away for awhile only to return of losing.. I have changed my handle so many times over the years, probably every time i lose a few times, i change my handle.. How do you allow people to have cheat programs? Clean these rooms up of CHEATERS

• suzysuzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put a timer on backgammon so people can't stall you and only permit a player to play one game at a time!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I quit yahoo backgammon because of this stalling and cheating and waiting.......... I'd come back if backgammon was fixed

• AveAve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About time...... A solution to put stallers out of game

• E.Z. MoneyE.Z. Money commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you are absolutely correct. In the real world of backgammon long matches aren't usually played because opponents only double and redouble when one of them has the distinct advantage in the game. These 101 games are ridicules. Everyone expects each player to double to 128 in one game. That's not how the game is played!!! When one of the players cops an attitude because he is behind, he decides to stall and drag out every roll for as long as he can in hopes that the other player will get mad and quit the game. That is POOR SPORTSMANSHIP!

I wish people would learn to use the doubling cube in the way it was designed to be used.

Feedback and Knowledge Base