Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

Please hire experienced TV analysts for the Figure Skating grand prix events.

Your live streaming programs of the Figureskating GPS are the precious sources for all of the fan in every corner of the world.

For years, your analysts have made skillful reports including detailed commentaries based on logical reasoning. I really admired them and have trusted what they said.

As for the Skate America, some lady analyst amazed figure skating fans because of her waffle and ambiguous saying with inexperienced unlogical approaches.

If I remember correctly, she was an Olympian who beautifully performed at Winter Olympic Games in 1988 and in 1992. I loved her graceful performance at that time.... A good performer are not always a good reporter, or she were not in good condition during the event? I feel sorry for her because seemingly she has a suitable job such as a professional skater or skating coach, other than a TV reporter.

Please find analysts who are fit for the TV program.
Thank you for your attention on this matter.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Margaret P.Margaret P. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EwelinaEwelina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently watching ladies short at Cup of Russia. So far they said Nagasu represents Japan, they said Lipnitskaya got 5th at JUNIOR nationals last year, and that if she wins the Olys she will be the youngest ever winner. Forgetting Lipnisky clearly. I would rather no commentary than the rubbish they broadcast.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Margaret! I deeply appreciate your opinion such as great and right.
        We are enough for hearing rubbish!
        Mass media always try to brainwash us! They look down us.
        But we are not stupid and don't want to keep quiet...
        Now it is the time to raise a hue against all things that they want to innocent people to blind and brainwash!!!

• Thomas H.Thomas H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Margaret.
        Thank you for your opinion.
        Most of her speech was very agressiv.
        That made me unconfortable.
        Confortable speech is a primary basic on TV sending,
        like a comparsory on figure skating.

• alex k.alex k. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can respect Ms Conway as a skater, but not as a reporter. Never as a person.
        Her comments were too subjective and inappropriate. It was about her personal tastes, rather than the performances. Anyone can make such remarks. The analysts on TV should be able to appreciate the performances and every skater should be respected.

• MomoMomo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Margaret. I totally and completely agree with you.
        I also agree with all the other comments here.

I guess that there should be a lot of figure skateing fans all over the world, who were shocked and disappointed at her abstract comments with childish vocabulary. When she commeted, she sometimes even sounded as if she was reading a few prepared phrases and juat adding a few of her own words instead of analysing what she was actually seeing right in fromnt of her eyes then. I hope I was wrong though.
        But in other words, if I was wrong, then it means that her comments just showed the fact that she cannot comment really.
        I have been a huge fan of Eurosports (UK) and still I am. Please provide more professional analysis than this as you have always done. As your are an iconic broadcaster in Europe, you are expected much more.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with the comments here.
        I was quite shocked when I heard the comments from Ms. Conway for the first time, just doubted my ear.. Her comment was quite personal / vague / critical but not getting the clear point where she was criticising. I thought her comments were really biassed and not fair, her tone was quite emotional (hysterical) for the broadcasting. Especially in English (UK) channel. The ice skating fans all over the world are watching this channel. Also one more comment, in Euro suports web site (UK), I could not find lady's result at skate america in the top 2 pages even other result were shown there. (Mao Asada who achieved the grand slam among the GP series for the first time as a single skater). Wonder what happen to Eurosuport UK.. Assume this channel lost lots of trust from the viewers..

• hiromi yagahiromi yaga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also thank you very much, Margaret P. I was very sad when I heard the malicious comments about Mao Asada made by the lady analyst. Please hire more fair minded TV analysts for figure skating, expecially for the lady's competition. Thank you.

• Nadie Nadie  commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you, Margaret P. I'm with you.

Honestly speaking, the commentaries made by Joanne Conway during Skate America were awful. Her commentaries sounded critic(rather than analytic) and uncomfortable. During the ladies events she did tuc-tuks a lot, which sounded verrrrry uncomfortable. . Moreover she talked about herself like "When I was 14.. blha", during Radionova was skating, That sounded uncomfortable as well. Did she do so well enough to compare herself to Radionova? lol

Aside from her behavior, her commentaries were too critic and out of points. Say, she said "Mao Asada just jumped up and down, up and down in her long program. I want more than that." Seriously? Was she against ISU judges? I wonder if she saw Asada's protocol which showed over 8 for each of SS, TR, PE, CH and PE.( actually 8.71, 8.46, 8.64, 8.79, and 8.86) and her PCS was the highest of all ladies. I saw ladies long program pbping on the board. The figure skating fans were saying her Rach 2 was very 'lympic and they loved her performance even with those mistakes of her jumps. So, Conway's commentaries sounded so ridiculous and out of points. We were talking about Asada's improvements of her artistry and well build choreographs done by Tarasova. You can easily see that we were right and Conway was wrong based on the protocols.

We, figure skating fans, chatted about Conway's yes-no, yes-nos during the Ice Dancing events as well, assumingly she didin't know much about the field of Ice Dancings. lol

Anyways, Brithsh Eurosports has Chris, Simon and Nicky who are loved by the figure skating fans. Why not give them more chances to do the commentaries instead of Conway. The commentators who respect the athletes of this sport will be more welcomed. I don't want to hear her when Asada and Radionova skate at least.
        Your attention on this matter would be so much appreciated.
        Thank you.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base