Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

Bad result of the Skate America: One footage of the Eurosport's live stream videos was used for a biased sports news to denigrate a skater

Eurosport's live stream programs have been one of the most precious news source for many figure-skate fans all around the world.
And I highly appreciate the detailed and proper analysis which your reporters make, excluding some live programs which a lady commentator reported at the Skate America.

I was honestly disappointed to hear that a Korean TV news program (SBS) and news medias used one of the mentioned lady's reports to insult a Japanese competitior, Mao Asada.
One of my friend in Korea noticed the matter :
http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201310301202142276&ext=na

In this article, they say: ....The analyst of Eurosport reported "She (Asada) got up, down, up, down, with nothing," and added "It just lacked something else for me."...
They only picked up the worst parts of the comments, intentionally ignoring the other parts. I don't think (and do not believe) you allowed them to use your video for such a biased report. However, careless and imprecise analysis shall tend to be put to a bad use.

Please pay attention to your reporters' analysis way, and use only Chris, Simon, and Nicky. We all love these experts and their skilled comments.

Thank you for your consideration.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Margaret P.Margaret P. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MomoMomo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Margaret, for letting me know what is happening. I totally agree with you.

Dear Eurosport,
        I was shocked and disappointed at another (even worse) bias made up from a comment of who you had carelessly chosen... It simply shows how one careless or ignorant comment can create even worse bias and be used wrongly in some other far country such as Korea, dose not matter if unexpectedly or purposely though.

I keep saying that I am a huge fan of Eurosport UK. I really expect much more from you!!
        Please note what was caused and be more careful for future broadcasting commentary.

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration to this matter.
        Also, I sincerely thank Margaret P. for sharing such helpful information and her opinion with you, Eurosport.

• Margaret P.Margaret P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additional information:

The URL mentioned above is the website of "My Daily" news, which are written in Korean (Hangul text). They have no English website.
        So, please use the Google translation service when you read it.

Eurosport, and all medias in the world, please heed what we are saying.
        All figure skating fans really want to read unbiased articles which can encourage and inspire all competitors and every person who are involved.

Thank you.

• Berliner MauerBerliner Mauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Margaret P.
        I agree with your opinion.
        Already korean strange movements has began...just like before Vancouver Olympic Games 2010...

• stupsistupsi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Margaret P.
        Yes, you're right.
        That contents absolut a bias, to be seemed Asada's performance worse than actual.

Dear Eurosport
        Will you ignore this situation ?
        You must say "NO" to Korea, if you're really an honest and fair broadcast.

Feedback and Knowledge Base