How can we improve the Yahoo Sports?

Stop the pop-up and expandable ads! More than once, I've left a yahoo page because of these. New sports pages are horrible.

Simple. Stop the pop up and expandable ads. They get in the way, they don't render properly, they keep me from seeing what I came to see. The more you push those ads, the more you push your viewers away. Then you won't be able to charge as much for the ads. Think it through. Keep the readers happy and coming back and find a way to do ads that don't drive us away.

10th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jason SnyderJason Snyder shared a merged idea: Yahoo! Sports is now incredibly cluttered. I know there is a need to advertise, but the page looks like myspace. Please clean the page up!  ·   · 
    Coco AbadiCoco Abadi shared a merged idea: Pop Ups and Expandable ads are Slowing alot the Yahoo Sports Site.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the adds on the sports page.. it takes too long to load.. you can go to Google and get the information by the time it opens  ·   · 

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bajbaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i see u are closing it joe, and thanks for your responses, i want to add, that advertisements preceding nba videos, have sometimes been longer than the actual video i want to watch ..why can't these be shorter ? i also turn away from watching a short video, when the ad goes on and on ..thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am leaving Yahoo if these pop ups do not stop NOW!!!!
        Been with Yahoo since 1995 hate Google but I guess it's time for a new home page!

• lefty89lefty89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of Full Count. I don't want to see it every time I'm on the MLB page. It starts without any warning and it constantly stops and starts. It is getting very annoying.

• pythonpython commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stop with the dumb web player everytime we check the scores! omg..thats the most irritating thing and it makes me want to stop visiting the yahoo sports

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look at today's pages with Indiana Jones ads....enough said?

• CBCB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It gets worse by the minute. When you try to navigate to any of the categories - stats, schedules, odds, whatev - on the MLB or NFL pages, the Yahoo Sports Home Page pops up instead. Neither the MLB nor the NFL pages are displaying properly, and the category pages are not accessible at all, so any current information/stats/data is totally unavailable. What a mess.

All the adds and the unwanted video must go.......!!!
        OK....I can see adds being needed somewhat....but they slide in from all over the place...keep it reasonable please..!!!

Agree. Also, I can't stand it when I click a link expecting an text article only to have some video launch and start blaring pre-video ads, etc. Not cool when the kid is down for a nap and I'm trying to keep things quiet. There's got to be a better way to indicate when a link will launch a video rather than text.

• rayray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I no longer use Yahoo Sports. The auto run ads and mlb clips chased me away to ESPN Sports.

• JJ CharlesworthJJ Charlesworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ads often slow computers down when on older computers. Perhaps we can get non-pop up ad option if on older computer.

Its not specific ads, its the fact that I go to a page and the ad pops up or expands and I cannot see the info I wanted. When this happens, I neither view the ad nor the information I wanted. I go to Google to search for it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base