How can we improve the Yahoo Sports?

MMA page has become bad.

Please hire Jim Genia to either supplement or replace Maggie Hendricks. At one time, Cagewriter had mediocre content and a good comments section. Maggie's presence drove away the good comments. It was probably not 100% her fault, as there's a strong misogynist presence in the MMA comments. But she is a writer who gives the impression that she doesn't know about or care about MMA, which is a large part of it too. I really believe Maggie has destroyed the decent comments to the Cagewriter blogs. Since the content itself was not notable, the comments were the reason to read. I used to check into the MMA blog all the time. Now, there are days I don't read, and my disinterest will only grow. You (yahoo) seem not to care much about MMA, but unless Jim Genia is asking for far more money than Maggie, you can cheaply revitalize a dying part of your sports coverage. Just my 2 cents.

6th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Matt ManganielloMatt Manganiello shared a merged idea: MMA(specifically Cagewriter) is abysmal  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Fire Maggie Hendricks.  ·   · 
    DifferentAngleDifferentAngle shared a merged idea: Please fire or bar Maggie Hendricks from reporting/ writing about MMA  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Fire Maggie Hendricks  ·   · 
    GeorgeGeorge shared a merged idea: Fire Maggie Hendricks and Chris Chase  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: If Maggie Hendricks wants to write about homosexuals, give her an OMG blog about homosexuals.  ·   · 
    chadchad shared a merged idea: Get some real MMA reporters. Dave Doyle is a burst of fresh air. Tell the others to stop trying to make it TMZ or CNN (same thing anymore)  ·   · 
    RichRich shared a merged idea: Yahoo! Sports desperately needs an editor  ·   · 
    JoshJosh shared a merged idea: GET RID OF MAGGIE HENDRICKS  ·   · 
    SugarMrPoonSugarMrPoon shared a merged idea: Hire someone else for cagewriter.  ·   · 
    SugarMrPoonSugarMrPoon shared a merged idea: Maggie Hendricks=fail  ·   · 
    SugarMrPoonSugarMrPoon shared a merged idea: What's the point of having a feedback section if nothing is going to be addressed that's in those comments.  ·   · 
    mikemike shared a merged idea: Send Saggie Hendricks to the gulag  ·   · 
    JoshJosh shared a merged idea: Get rid of Maggie Hendricks from MMA section  ·   · 
    mikemike shared a merged idea: please replace Maggie H. with someone who actually has an interest in MMA  ·   · 
    JoshJosh shared a merged idea: Get rid of Maggie Hendricks from "Cagewriter".  ·   · 
    A.W.A.W. shared a merged idea: No More "Yahoo Contributors" / Maggie Hendricks in Sports Section  ·   · 
    AndyAndy shared a merged idea: Maggie Hendricks  ·   · 

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gathering feedback for over 8 months... still waiting for 1 person to even remotely support Maggie's trash.
        Great job, Feedback crew.

• Matt ManganielloMatt Manganiello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maggie Hendricks's recent video post of a Muay Thai "fight" featuring a young child being assaulted is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. It has absolutely no business on an MMA site, and the fact that she attempted to put a positive spin on such an obscene piece of footage is all the more obscene. If Yahoo keeps a person like this on their payroll after something like this, it proves that Yahoo simply doesn't care about the overall quality and integrity of their product

• russellrussell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

she dosent belong in mmz blogs, she clearly knows nothing about mma, and i get the feeling she dosent even like it, she would do better somewhere else, maybe a blog like tmz or something

• CrawdadCrawdad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Cagewriter post today with the video of child muay-thai fighting was an all-time low for this blog. The video has since been pulled from you-tube, and for good reason. I cannot see a reason for yahoo to keep Maggie Hendricks on the payroll at all.

• Jake HutchisonJake Hutchison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every. Single. "Article." is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. This is on top of sloppy re-hashings (usually at least a day or two later) of "breaking" news stories. It's not a sexist thing, it's a Maggie-is-an-awful-writer-and-needs-the-*******-boot thing. Her "blogs" literally make me say "what in the **** is this?" during reads. Please handle this!

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Gathering Feedback".
        Well, based on the **** the publish on the MMA page, I can only imagine what they "do" behind the scenes at Yahoo. But hey, if they want to take credit for what Maggie Hendricks puts on their website, by all means...

• MMA FanMMA Fan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quit Gathering Feedback and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get rid of Maggie. By all means, look at any posting on mmafighting.com or Bloody Elbow and you'll see a massive difference in the quality and integrity of the work that is presented to the public. You should be ashamed, Yahoo.

• russellrussell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fire her already! this garbage she writes everyday has gone on too long, for gods sake yahoo, she does not belong on your mma page

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This lady has written nothing but drivel and shows no signs of correcting it. She is getting worse as if to say to the audience that reads it. FU, I am going nowhere and you better like it. Well here is my stand Maggie. FU back and

FIRE MAGGIE HENDRICS

• adamadam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

shes is the worst !!!!!!!!!! everyone hates aswell wtf is yahoo thinking? I never have ever took the time to try and get somebody fired prior to her. I google fire magg and it comes up right away. somebody do somthin

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

She is horrible at both, please replace her with someone, anyone with decent knowledge of what they are writing about.

I fully support the removal of Hendricks. Her biased and unwarranted opinions attempt to turn columns about MMA into forums for the promotion of her personal opinions regarding the place of homesexuals in society. Her opinion on the Fallon Fox issue is not only poorly articulated, biased and altogether inapproprate considering the lack of medical research and controversy surrounding the issue, but is also clearly marked with the very same bias and "hatred" that she accuses Mitrione himself of demonstrating. Remove her at once, as readers of her articles are almost unanimous in their dislike for her contributions.

• mikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - Yahoo please do us all a HUGE favor and let Maggie Hendricks do some sort of TMZ blog (which i'll never read) - she has no place in an MMA / sports section and has the writing skills of a 5th grader

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HIRE RICH! YAHOO IS MISSING AN EDITOR!

Seriously though, fire your sports editor. EVERY sports "blog" I read is filled with inaccuracies, spelling mistakes, and grammar mistakes.

Hire Rich.

Please get a REAL writer and a competent editor. Every Yahoo! blog I read, there is at least 1 mistake that the comment section is calling out. I'm going to single out Maggie because her MMA stuff is just plain awful. Please get a real MMA person to give us news and insight about the sport, not somebody who will give us a half-@ssed article about a fighters wardrobe.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base