How can we improve the Yahoo Sports?

What happened to the notifications? The new format no longer shows it.

I used to be able to shortcut to see how others responds to my comments at times.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dandan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    mike okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkmike okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk shared a merged idea: put the ******* bell icon on everypage you jackoffs  ·   · 
    "T""T" shared a merged idea: What happened to the comment notifications?  ·   · 
    TonyTony shared a merged idea: Hey, I can't find the Bell-thing icon  ·   · 
    Roger HaldarRoger Haldar shared a merged idea: Put notifications back in the U S version of Yahoo again .  ·   · 
    joejoe shared a merged idea: I see my notifications at the top, click on them once to see who replied, but then the notications go away and I can't see the rest of them.  ·   · 
    JonathanJonathan shared a merged idea: Go back to the old format of posting comments on stories. This new set up is awful. I don't even know if I have notifications of replies.  ·   · 
    RogerRoger shared a merged idea: BRING BACK THE NOTIFICATION BELL...WE WANT TO KNOW WHEN SOMEONE REPLIES TO OUR COMMENTS !!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I'm not a fan of the new toolbar featured at the top of the page now.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Notifications is no longer on any yahoo page, also, you cannot see the thumbs up/down  ·   · 
    williewillie shared a merged idea: Where is the notifications bell  ·   · 
    EzekielEzekiel shared a merged idea: Apparently Yahoo! just updated their format. Why did you remove the "bell" icon?  ·   · 
    omom shared a merged idea: yeah where did my bell go. im ******  ·   · 
    Rammer JammerRammer Jammer shared a merged idea: I have a suggestion, if you are gonna redo the whole sports page, how bout warning us! Also where did the notifications go?  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: Your new page took all the fun out of reading news ar anything else for that matter...  ·   · 

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bernard CunninghamBernard Cunningham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More and more it seems you are doing away with the notification bell. Used to always find it at the top of my email. Then only some news post would show it. Finally found it again in the account info settings box with a jump to alerts setting and there it was. Now it is gone completely! I like to keep up with previous posts where I have made comments. Now once a day you send me a Yahoo updates on my comments. I like to see what others say about what I have written but it is getting harder to find them again. The changes you are making are not fun at all. Stop that!

• donovan donovan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only is there no bell, but when Yahoo sends an email with your activity feed the embedded links are dead. I have come to Yahoo for years for this specific feature, comments on news stories. Minus that Yahoo has no particular use to me. Bring back the bell.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IF YOU ARE DISGRUNTLED ABOUT THE CHANGES TO YAHOO MAIL, PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION TO MARISSA MAYER, CEO of Yahoo --
        http://www.change.org/petitions/yahoo-bring-back-the-old-version-of-yahoo-mail

AND PLEASE Pass & Post this PETITION ON

Many of us have used yahoo mail for over a decade. It's been reliable, functional and served the needs of a wide variety of people - for personal and business use. Yahoo has changed it, taking away the ability to organize emails, switch from writing to reading emails without losing work, incorporating ads into the inbox (that, if clicked on by mistake, lead to spam websites) and hiding essential functions, like printing.Emails are being lost or misdirected, contacts are disappearing and Yahoo is not addressing these issues. Here's a sample of some of the comments made so far on the petition:

1. Contact lists are being deleted
        2. Years of emails are disappearing
        3. Deadlines are being missed because functions don't complete
        4. A flight squadron couldn't get flight plans
        5. A lawyer couldn't file a brief on time
        6. Invoices are disappearing before they can be paid
        7. Orders are disappearing before they can be filled.

Without tabs and multitasking, drafts disappear if you check an email. Users with visual impairments can't distinguish text, because of the font style and colors displayed.

This debacle is a disaster for business. We understand Yahoo is targeting the mobile market, and while we love mobile, we DON'T use mobile for business! 300 million people are being affected by this change. Investors and advertisers need to take notice - yahoo users are going to leave in DROVES if this isn't addressed.

We are asking Yahoo to restore the old version - with tabs, with the ability to edit an email and switch to a folder - to multi-task like we used to be able to do. If they are unable to do so, we want them to restore these BUSINESS-CRITICAL functions to Yahoo Mail.

Most of us picked Yahoo because of its interface. We don't like gmail! Please let us go back!

• SeanSean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really irritating. The UK version still has it. What, the US is not worthy? I'm giving one more week, then moving all my accounts to Google.

• Alessandro PereiraAlessandro Pereira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the funniest thing is that on their help page they say the bell was removed in order to serve their members better, and out of customers feedback!
        wtfck!
        the bell was the best way to keep conversations going; hence, it meant we would stay longer in yahoo sites. Just so you know, once I'm in the finance pages, I'll easily spend 10 times more in there than in FB.

• AUricleAUricle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Responding to notifications has become so cumbersome and difficult, it's not worth the time and effort. This should make the article author's REALLY "happy" as they are paid by the 'click'. I know I won't be boosting any commissions anymore.

• Todd Anthony CarterTodd Anthony Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you go to Yahoo Home, look down on left side and you will see More Sites...Click on it and hit All Products then scroll down..I use Yahoo Blog-Yodel which says they have moved, but the bell is present and updates even while page is open. I know it's a pain in the A $$ but it's a way.

FYI to everyone. If you find and join a Yahoo group from the UK or Ireland, you can click into that group and "the bell" will magically reappear with your comment notifications.

I think there's probably a million or so of these groups, so it shouldn't be too hard.:)

banter is harmless and reaction to some of the comments can be quite entertaining, but of course yahoo had to stop a good thing!...bring it back yahoo or go to your room!

• GDBGDB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The absence of notifications is for a reason. Yahoo can't be so stupid that they just arbitrarily told one of the interns, "Lean in and get rid of that bell!" On the other hand, could they?

• SanniesSannies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Part of the fun leaving comments on the sports pages is the banter back and forth between fans, the "bell" help quickly navigate back to our comments when someone responding allowing us to respond back again. Now that that ease is gone, so will my comments go.

• GDBGDB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The interns must now in charge of design as well as content. What else explains an arbitrary change that the users detest?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base