How can we improve the Yahoo Sports?

Please put the sports page back the way it was.

Your constant "updates" are downgrades in the extreme, please stop trying to fix something that is NOT broken. This is beyond annoying.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    daviddavid shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Reet kennedyReet kennedy shared a merged idea: Put sports page back to the old way. ESP. Mlb  ·   · 
    RickRick shared a merged idea: Your site has turned from an easy to use site to a horrible mess.  ·   · 

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WonkWonk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Anonymous commented · September 17, 2013 10:06 · Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for changing the sports page back to the way it was. The new format was terrible. Yahoo was my go to page for all things sports until the format change. I'm glad you changed it back"

Must be a thankless gig there, so they had to fix that wagon, too.

• BB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How much feedback do you need to 'gather' before you realise that your redesign have made it far worse than before? Stop being stubborn, listen to your audience and act on it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sports, weather and portfolio are all broken. you enter you location, favourite teams and portfolios and nothing changes. you get state weather, default sport scores and portfolios that you must look at one at a time. no wonder google is eating your lunch.

I don't want any teams in the sports module. I only want tennis scores. How do I get that back??? For as poorly as you maintained it, it was good as a reminder of what tournaments were taking place. Now it serves no purpose at all!

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree. The Sports page is truly awful. Bloated and slow to view. I actually had switched over to Yahoo's Canadian Sports web site during this NBA season as it had retained the older format. But apparently the Canadian site switched over in the past day or so, so now I am using ESPN for my sports scores.

• Bob MilnerBob Milner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The news Sports page is horrible. You have to search for various sports instead of having the major ones shown at the top of the page. Change, in this instance, it not a good thing.

Log into sports, choose my football team, can't find anything but the score. Game Channel is blank. Once again Yahoo has managed to ***** up what was working. Worse yet, you're not listening to suggestions. Someone or some people need to enjoy the benefits of unemployment checks.

• Pat buckleyPat buckley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent 20 minutes to try to lookup college football scores, after constantly refreshing because it keeps locking up I went to msn and got the scores in 2 minutes, now I am back on yahoo to complain of your new, but not better format. The person who designed this re-design should go back to school and pay attention this time. I worked on design and web sites, but have been out of that business over 10 years, I honestly think I would do better without any knowledge of all the new programs and software. Looks are one thing but functionality are most important!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WonkWonk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gheck out this Yahooey quote I saw today re finance page:

“The focus on clean, consistent design is something we’ve been striving for,” Yahoo VP of Mobile Product Mike Kerns told Fast Company.

Looks like they aren't all on the same page there, effing up Sports with confounding design. Wow. What a bunch of Bozonoses!

your sport page the worst I have ever seen! Please, go back to a very good old page.

Thank you for changing the sports page back to the way it was. The new format was terrible. Yahoo was my go to page for all things sports until the format change. I'm glad you changed it back

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sportingnews.com did the same thing a couple of years back.
        "Change is good" was their reply.
        Now that website is a ghost town with (LOL) only 56k likes...really?

Do not like the new sports pages - cannot see the scores & schedules. Links do not work (it works when opened in a new tab, but that's the only way) Change it back to simple.

I'm not as bothered by the sports page as some. But I do find it annoying that as I scroll down (Using Mouse Wheel) that both the article and the navigational column scroll together.

• Andre GrujovskiAndre Grujovski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could write a computer program that would comment enough times to make a difference. This is ridiculous

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base