How can we improve the Yahoo Sports?

The new toolbar is not helpful.

The new toolbar is very obtrusive. If you are not going to get rid of it all together, maybe you can put it in a fixed position.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The new Toolbar needs to be removed. I may need to find a new brower.  ·   · 
    micmic shared a merged idea: remove floating toolbar annoying and distracting not needed not wanted please remove from my account  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Fix the black bar when scrolling  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Black bar still there. last to fix this yahoo  ·   · 
    fix yahoofix yahoo shared a merged idea: make yahoo simple, get rid of the bar thats popsup  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The tool bar makes my page run slower and load slower. It also makes scrolling very difficult.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: get rid of the toolbar....it's blocks too much of the page!  ·   · 
    stephenstephen shared a merged idea: remove this stupid sports bar that locks up the page so i cant scroll down.  ·   · 
    Mr. HeadMr. Head shared a merged idea: turn off that stupid menu bar at the top of the page ... cant zoom on anything  ·   · 
    docthanatosdocthanatos shared a merged idea: I have said it over and over and over again. You have to get rid of this giant tool bar! If nothing else make it smaller.  ·   · 
    Ken Carrillo Ken Carrillo shared a merged idea: Get rid of the Big Giant Floating Toolbar!  ·   · 
    MatthewMatthew shared a merged idea: The toolbar that takes up a portion of the page is extremely distracting and a pain in the butt. At least let us hide it if we want.  ·   · 
    BobBob shared a merged idea: Get rid of the stupid toolbar. You can't edit. It's in the way.  ·   · 
    TimTim shared a merged idea: The sports toolbar is awful - please remove!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hate hate hate the useless toolbar. Takes up space for NO reason whatsoever, and makes the page more difficult to read.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: the toolbar at the top of the sports page is seriously ******* me off. I'm going back to ESPN from here on. Yahoo, fix it.  ·   · 
    juanjuan shared a merged idea: The new toolbar is not helpful.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please get rid of this toolbar, it's like the tallest guy in the stadium sitting in front of you at the baseball game  ·   · 
    KARLKARL shared a merged idea: NEW TOOL BAR IS A TOOL.....  ·   · 
    JoshuaJoshua shared a merged idea: the new toolbar sucks  ·   · 
    Charlie TunaCharlie Tuna shared a merged idea: Get rid of the new toolbar!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: PLEEEEEEEEEEASE get rid of the toolbar....so annoying!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: THe new 'Sports Toolbar is awful! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get it back to the way it used to be. Thank you!  ·   · 
    JeleprJelepr shared a merged idea: remove your toolbar and make Yahoo header smaller  ·   · 
    Bry WalkerBry Walker shared a merged idea: The Yahoo bar at the top of sports, news etc is too large and intrusive, make it close-able and when its closed it stays closed  ·   · 
    mmazmmaz shared a merged idea: Toolbar  ·   · 
    KJSchwigerKJSchwiger shared a merged idea: Get rid of the toolbar! Or, at least, give the option of closing it.  ·   · 
    EricEric shared a merged idea: Remove the obtrusive header from the fantasy team pages.  ·   · 
    James KeenanJames Keenan shared a merged idea: The top tool bar is to large. It is very difficult to go from e-mail back to yahoo home page.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please remove the top frozen toolbar  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How can you improve the Yahoo! Sports? Listen to feedback!  ·   · 
    Joe SmithJoe Smith shared a merged idea: Turn of the toolbar in fantasy sports and flickr. It is terrible and useless  ·   · 
    Jayson Jayson shared a merged idea: Is it at all possible to de-activate this annoying and incredibly usless tool bar  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Remove the sticky search bar, or let us! i've used all 60 votes for this cause!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The new toolbar is a very unwelcome change.  ·   · 
    AdamAdam shared a merged idea: Just get rid of the toolbar! Its very frustrating!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the top toolbar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    MattMatt shared a merged idea: This new layout is terrible - change it back please  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of that top banner - it makes scrolling AWFUL  ·   · 
    CraigCraig shared a merged idea: How do I get rid of that monstrosity on top????  ·   · 
    Arron HusteadArron Hustead shared a merged idea: Change the new toolbar  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I use my phone to check scores and stuff the new toolbar is so stupid please take it off when i scroll up or down it gets in the way  ·   · 
    ErikErik shared a merged idea: Make the new toolbar even more ridiculously giant.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Remove the toolbar immediately!!!  ·   · 
    Laurence A. PinskyLaurence A. Pinsky shared a merged idea: Remove it! I don't use Yahoo! for searches, It won't or can't preview my mail, it gets in the way...  ·   · 
    breckonbreckon shared a merged idea: Please get this g--d--- toolbar off the page.  ·   · 
    AndrewAndrew shared a merged idea: Please give me an option to remove this annoying toolbar  ·   · 
    Patrick PopielPatrick Popiel shared a merged idea: I want to get rid of this stupid toolbar at the top...makes the viewing area much smaller  ·   · 
    LeeLee shared a merged idea: I have been using Yahoo for all my fantasy sports but, if that toolbar stays then I won't.  ·   · 
    EricEric shared a merged idea: Please take away the new menu bar that is visble at all times. It makes the screen smaller and restricts viewing space  ·   · 
    Tom JeffersTom Jeffers shared a merged idea: Why ***** with any of it? bring back classic email and leave the tool bar alone!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: PLEASE get rid of that annoying tool bar that follows you down the screen  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The new toolbar is terrible.  ·   · 
    JJ shared a merged idea: Yahoo!: your fantasy sports is one of the only good features you have left  ·   · 
    jon krolljon kroll shared a merged idea: get rid of the annoying toolbar.  ·   · 
    michael kellymichael kelly shared a merged idea: i would like an option to remove the toolbar. it's way too big.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the ****** bar at the top that follows you down as you scroll down the page. **** of annoying....it limits your view of the page  ·   · 
    RobRob shared a merged idea: PLEASE GET RID OF THIS AWFUL TOOLBAR  ·   · 
    AdamAdam shared a merged idea: Get rid of the new toolbar.  ·   · 
    Jerry MeladyJerry Melady shared a merged idea: The new toolbar takes too much space. GET RID OF IT!  ·   · 
    nickmnickm shared a merged idea: Stop fixing what isn't broken.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: New toolbar needs to GO AWAY!!!  ·   · 
    ZZ shared a merged idea: take off that scrolling search bar.  ·   · 
    TomTom shared a merged idea: The top toolbar is ridiculously annoying, turn it OFF or let me.  ·   · 
    Chris McKChris McK shared a merged idea: KILL THE SPORTS TOOLBAR!!!!!  ·   · 
    ThomasThomas shared a merged idea: Get rid of the top toolbar. It's horrid!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Where's the option to remove this yahoo toolbar? I already use yahoo and don't need all the extra stuff cutting off my viewing.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hate this scrolling bar please fix and/or remove  ·   · 
    Tom Tom shared a merged idea: The new toolbar is very annoying. Remove it or allow the customer to remove it.  ·   · 
    robert hartlinerobert hartline shared a merged idea: for the love of god, get rid of that tool bar; it is ruining your box scores  ·   · 
    RobRob shared a merged idea: Thank you for going back to the old format  ·   · 
    jeffjeff shared a merged idea: get rid of that bar that follow me lower  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the new toolbar...driving me insane trying to scroll! Will never again play fantasy sports with yahoo if this is not fixed  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Dont like the new toolbar.Have no use for it and it takes two games from being viewed.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get these f-ing toolbars off my browser windows! Will I have to switch to google?  ·   · 
    KozKoz shared a merged idea: Please eliminate the new Yahoo! Sports toolbar!!! It makes the page roll not smooth. Not good.  ·   · 
    chrischris shared a merged idea: i'm going to stop using yahoo sports if you don't get rid of the floating search box @ the top of the page. horribly annoying.  ·   · 
    JRJR shared a merged idea: Get rid of this **** toolbar which does not allow to scroll pages!  ·   · 
    future GOOGLE homepage user.future GOOGLE homepage user. shared a merged idea: toolbar need to be BIGGER , i think it should take up half my desktop  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: If something works fine, stop changing it. New toolbar is a joke. Do you test these things before you apply them?  ·   · 
    lamont lamont shared a merged idea: Take down your f_cking toolbar!!! You already have a toolbar on the Yahoo home page.  ·   · 
    Seth CatlinSeth Catlin shared a merged idea: Lose the space-hogging search banner!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: What is with this floating toolbar. You have really slowed down my computer especially when I try to do stats.  ·   · 
    Jim IttenbachJim Ittenbach shared a merged idea: Kill the toolbar. It is in the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    SS shared a merged idea: please get rid of the new tool bar,or keep it fixed.if it doesnt change i WILL NOT use this site.....thanks  ·   · 
    JimJim shared a merged idea: This tool bar is just in the way, I already have the tool bar above I dont need it. It makes my reading info area much smaller annoying  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please give us an option to disable the navigation bar that now exists at the top of all pages.  ·   · 
    Roy HighRoy High shared a merged idea: Please remove the new tool bar! It is so large that it negatively effects how I scroll down. It is NOT helpful!  ·   · 
    Gil KimGil Kim shared a merged idea: The new toolbar makes everything slow.  ·   · 
    Roy HighRoy High shared a merged idea: the new tool bar sucks!  ·   · 
    JesusJesus shared a merged idea: Get rid of the new ******* menu bar!!!! It takes up to much space.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Your new yahoo search bar sucks. Get rid of it. It covers up the bar where you can switch sports.  ·   · 
    JustinJustin shared a merged idea: Please get rid of this toolbar it's terrible... you are going to lose site visitors!!  ·   · 
    Christian Christian shared a merged idea: Remove the stupid banner at the top of the articles. You hit page down then have to hit up arrow twice because the banner is blocking some.  ·   · 
    DanDan shared a merged idea: don't like the toolbar that follows as you scroll down the page  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: This new header  ·   · 
    ScotScot shared a merged idea: The new bar at the top of the page is horrible, I don't need it with the yahoo search bar already at top of page and it ruins my ability to  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: New toolbar prevents scrolling. I love Yahoo box scores but time to start looking elsewhere when I can't use 'em.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Take off the STUPID Yahoo scrolling banner.Especially in the baseball boxscore. Very annoying when scrolling down to see game info  ·   · 
    BobBob shared a merged idea: Please stop "improving" your site. I will stop using Yahoo otherwise. Your new format is abominable.  ·   · 
    stevesteve shared a merged idea: Toolbar is too much!!! C/mon, give us a break. Turn it off.  ·   · 
    Sam EddingtonSam Eddington shared a merged idea: Header and footer causing unfriendly browsing  ·   · 
    KenKen shared a merged idea: get rid of the new bar at the top (Home, etc). Slows down page loading and scrolling. Awful.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: New webpage sucks. Really hate ESPN.com but it's miles better than this trash.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: New toolbar sucks  ·   · 
    fufu shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE FLOATING TOOLBAR...AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT'S ESSENTIALLY A JAVA POPUP  ·   · 
    Tammy DotsonTammy Dotson shared a merged idea: Get rid of the GIANT toolbar!  ·   · 
    John McJohn Mc shared a merged idea: Take off the FLOATING BANNER....It effectively reduces the size of my viewing area!!!  ·   · 
    M LM L shared a merged idea: Why is there suddenly a new toolbar at the top of every Yahoo page?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The BIG & FAT TOOL/infoBAR is AWFUL  ·   · 
    glennglenn shared a merged idea: your new yahoo sports search bar hangs down so i can't see or access the buttons for the other sports.i have to refresh the page.  ·   · 
    mflkktmflkkt shared a merged idea: Get rid of the toolbar at the top of sports pages. I can't page down anymore.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How do I get rid of the NEW & AWFUL info-bar at the top of the page? It is EXTREMELY bad, blocks my view of the content in YAHOO  ·   · 

309 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The toolbar is incompatible with windows 8.1. Well **** then I guess I am incompatible for Yahoo.

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new toolbar does not update when removing icons, deleted the ones i did not want and tried to add new ones.
        nothing happened, old icons still there and the mail icon still shows all the unread mail even when read.

The new toolbar wiped out most of my icons. However on an open window none are gone. Then there are some of my emails that are going who knows where. I rather distressed. Yahoo keeps changing and adding things for the better but quite honestly - all it did was ***** things up. Why oh why are you changing things again and again? LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE - IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT - what else do you need to know? Oh maybe this one will get through to you idiots - I am going to open an account elsewhere!

Yahoo Toolbar is very USER UNFRIENDLY! YAHOO should look at the formats of competitors like VGrabber and / or Community Toolbars!!! A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT similar to Microsoft's useless Internet Explorer!

IF YOU ARE DISGRUNTLED ABOUT THE CHANGES TO YAHOO MAIL, PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION TO MARISSA MAYER, CEO of Yahoo --
        http://www.change.org/petitions/yahoo-bring-back-the-old-version-of-yahoo-mail

AND PLEASE Pass & Post this PETITION ON

Many of us have used yahoo mail for over a decade. It's been reliable, functional and served the needs of a wide variety of people - for personal and business use. Yahoo has changed it, taking away the ability to organize emails, switch from writing to reading emails without losing work, incorporating ads into the inbox (that, if clicked on by mistake, lead to spam websites) and hiding essential functions, like printing.Emails are being lost or misdirected, contacts are disappearing and Yahoo is not addressing these issues. Here's a sample of some of the comments made so far on the petition:

1. Contact lists are being deleted
        2. Years of emails are disappearing
        3. Deadlines are being missed because functions don't complete
        4. A flight squadron couldn't get flight plans
        5. A lawyer couldn't file a brief on time
        6. Invoices are disappearing before they can be paid
        7. Orders are disappearing before they can be filled.

Without tabs and multitasking, drafts disappear if you check an email. Users with visual impairments can't distinguish text, because of the font style and colors displayed.

This debacle is a disaster for business. We understand Yahoo is targeting the mobile market, and while we love mobile, we DON'T use mobile for business! 300 million people are being affected by this change. Investors and advertisers need to take notice - yahoo users are going to leave in DROVES if this isn't addressed.

We are asking Yahoo to restore the old version - with tabs, with the ability to edit an email and switch to a folder - to multi-task like we used to be able to do. If they are unable to do so, we want them to restore these BUSINESS-CRITICAL functions to Yahoo Mail.

Most of us picked Yahoo because of its interface. We don't like gmail! Please let us go back!

• SparkySparky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE remove "position: static;"

From the following code:
        #yucs {
        position: static;
        left: 0;
        top: 0;
        font: 16px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
        clear: both;
        height: 50px;

min-width: 958px;
        clear: both;
        padding: 0 16px;
        }

That is produced from this request:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
        href="http://l.yimg.com/zz/combo?kx/yucs/uh3/uh/css/787/uh-min.css&kx/yucs/uh3/uh3_top_bar/css/260/no_icons-min.css
        &kx/yucs/uh3/search/css/439/blue_border-min.css
        &nq/s/a/o/global-fresh_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/universal-header_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/buttons-fresh_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/lists-fresh_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/boxes_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/mail-fresh_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/mail-candygram-fresh_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/mail-classic-fresh_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/style_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/navigation_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/messagelist_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/basepane_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/pane_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/notifications_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/ads_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/pc-overrides_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/compose_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/lozenge_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/search_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/theme/purple_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/thread-inbox_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/infscroll_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/vertPrev_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/thread-inbox-header-fresh_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/mod-thread-fresh_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/tutorial_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/searchtooltip_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/convstooltip_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/themestooltip_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/mod-open-mail-views_54_6632.css
        &nq/s/a/o/buttonctx_54_6632.css" class="launch_css">

PLEASE!!!!!

Just turned on my laptop after several weeks of not using it. In trying to get to My Yahoo home page, I'm immediately sent to an AVG Secure Search page. I don't want an AVG Secure Search page ...... I want My Yahoo home page. How in the world do I get rid of this new page. I don't want it, I don't need it ..... I want it off!

Please give us an option of hiding the toolbar. I do not like it at all. Thank you.

• John SlabinskiJohn Slabinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It almost seems as if you purposely made page unusable. It sucks and I'm sorry I paid for Yahoo fantasy football. Please include an option to use old style please.

• DarinDarin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please change fantasy football back to the old screen. The new one is awful, hurts my eyes and difficult to navigate.

• Jeff PfeiferJeff Pfeifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't care about the look, but I HATE the functionality of it. The Facebook button used to take me to my FB page, now it shows me some of the posts and I have to click a second button to go to my page. And the new Bookmarks suck too. You used to be able to scoll through your Bookmarks, now you have to click on things. Several steps instead of one! How is this an improvement?!

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know how many people need to post on here for this thing to get changed back, but the new look is horrible. I can't look at it too long it makes my eyes hurt.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base