How can we improve the Yahoo Sports?

Go back to the old white screen. The new look is difficult to read.

The new screen look is too difficult to read. A plain white page is much easier on the eyes. The new colors blend together too much. Go back to the old look.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    stevesteve shared a merged idea: In http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com, Remove the background and go back to white screen. I cannot see the stats  ·   · 
    CBCB shared a merged idea: Please go back to the old format for Fantasy Football...the new format is horrible for both research and reading  ·   · 
    LukeLuke shared a merged idea: Please go back to the old white screen. I hate the new screen. I would look to leave rather than get used to this.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: New look is TERRIBLE... it's busy and distracting. The "white" design was much better: clean and simple.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The new background on the fantasy football pages is awful  ·   · 
    BillyBilly shared a merged idea: GO BACK TO THE OLD WHITE SCREEN!!  ·   · 
    SethSeth shared a merged idea: You have been doing things perfectly for 10 years..Please go back to white screen  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Go back to the old format please!!!! with the white background.. The way it was before! Please do it before season starts.  ·   · 
    M. McCarthyM. McCarthy shared a merged idea: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YAHOO, GO BACK TO THE WHITE SCREEN AND PREVIOUS VERSION. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: please go back to the old white screen!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    DarnoldDarnold shared a merged idea: Ditch the black background  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: go back to white screen can not see  ·   · 
    patrickpatrick shared a merged idea: CHANGE BACK TO THE OLD WHITE SCREEN FOR FANTASY  ·   · 
    Lloyd MoreaLloyd Morea shared a merged idea: Color options. On/Off button for white or black  ·   · 
     Jack Gilmore Jack Gilmore shared a merged idea: please put the old screen back , the new one makes me want to not play  ·   · 
    storminstormin shared a merged idea: make the background an option of a blurred field or a solid color. your killing my eyes  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The new background sucks. Go back to the original, simple white background.  ·   · 
    Chuck LaneChuck Lane shared a merged idea: Go back to the old white screen. It is almost impossible to read  ·   · 
    Robert MendezRobert Mendez shared a merged idea: Please give us the Option to Go Back To The Original Format For Fantasy Football. The new backround and format is hard to see.  ·   · 
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: Fire the idiot who designed your new background for Fantasy Football. He obviously doesn't play.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please get rid of the blurry background on our fantasy football page. Hard to read, gives me a headache. Go back to the white background!  ·   · 
    sumeetsumeet shared a merged idea: please change the background back. the new on is difficult to read. or at least make it an option.  ·   · 
    JimJim shared a merged idea: This new format is very hard to read, can we go back to the old screen?  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: New fantasy football format is horrible. It sucks sucks sucks.  ·   · 
    T.J.T.J. shared a merged idea: The background in Yahoo Fantasy Football League Name Kohl's is too dark to print!  ·   · 
    DannyDanny shared a merged idea: PLEASE go back to the old screen, the new one is difficult to read. Thank you.  ·   · 
    buck rodgersbuck rodgers shared a merged idea: new background SSUUCCKKSS!!!!!!! Impossible to read without a headache, go back to the white please  ·   · 
    jimmyboyjimmyboy shared a merged idea: fantasy football put back the way it was. You ruined it. Go back to black letters on white background  ·   · 
    jimmyboyjimmyboy shared a merged idea: put fantasy fooball back with white background  ·   · 
    KornKidKornKid shared a merged idea: Add a setting to allow user to choose between new or old background  ·   · 
    KornKidKornKid shared a merged idea: the new background sucks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why did you change the fantasy football template? It looks terrible. Very hard to read  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: This sucks! It's hard to read and difficult to navigate! Please return to the old format!  ·   · 
    Patrick PopielPatrick Popiel shared a merged idea: please change the fantasy football page back to the original white backround!  ·   · 
    tiger909tiger909 shared a merged idea: The New (Black) Fantasy Fooball Format is TERRIBLE!  ·   · 
    IceIce shared a merged idea: Oh my god I can't read anything stop making so many dumb changes  ·   · 
    DebDeb shared a merged idea: I really hate the opaque fantasy football screen. The fuzzy football field in the background makes it hard to see.  ·   · 
    RichieRichie shared a merged idea: All I see is negative feedback on the new setup of your fantasy football page. I agree with every comment I have read. Page is more diffic  ·   · 
    khkh shared a merged idea: fantasy football  ·   · 
    PatPat shared a merged idea: Planning on moving to another wbesite for our draft unless you allow us to change format back  ·   · 
    GustavoGustavo shared a merged idea: Now you guys f***ed up the fantasy sports page too?!?!?!?!  ·   · 
    Long-time PlayerLong-time Player shared a merged idea: New Fantasy Football Team page sucks, hurts my eyes!!!  ·   · 
    JOEJOE shared a merged idea: the change in the format is a step backwards...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: change it back to the old smart phone look.  ·   · 

462 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo!'s new box scores for baseball are TERRIBLE! It's not a matter of me just having to get used to it, it's:
        1. They are difficult to read.
        2. They don't present the information in a clear, concise manner.
        3. The flash setup causes the screen to jump around randomly.
        Whatever Yahoo! paid its designers, it was too much. This site now looks like it was designed by someone with really creative ideas but no practical sense.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Sports page is terrible. White background was much better.

Yahoo baseball was perfect before. Yahoo used to be so clean and easy on the eyes. just terrible now.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree. The Sports page is truly awful. Bloated and slow to view. I actually had switched over to Yahoo's Canadian Sports web site during this NBA season as it had retained the older format. But apparently the Canadian site switched over in the past day or so, so now I am using ESPN for my sports scores.

If this doesn't change soon I will stop using yahoo because of this stupid new design....

Please change it back. I hate to check my email now. It's hard to read, hard to find what you need, hard to delete old email. Shouldn't we have a choice in what our email screen looks like???

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not just the format, it's the lack of navigation now on the pages. If you are a Yahoo user and you are logged in there is no menu on the top that allows you to navigate between sports. And when you eventually stumble onto a sport, you can't view the sub-nav links like view teams, standings, rankings, scores, etc....

Why in the world would you change a perfectly good format? I will be checking out other formats if it is not changed back. And I see I am not alone.

Who is the idiot that changed the format? I can't navigate easily like I could before. I am already looking for another sports page---ESPN?---so change it back. Now.

• GR SmallGR Small commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Take a tip from Amazon's KINDLE. Readers want and NEED black text on very white background! Are you listening????

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an option for a white background, but it's still a far cry from the old GOOD format.

Whoever is doing the rearranging should get a new job! What happened to public opinion surveys before changes are made? Go back to black lettering and white background...you can't read the emails!!! I hate it.....switching to another email service, no questions.

• EllenEllen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

White on black text is, quite literally, agonizing for people with visual problems or migraines. I can't read web sites or look at blogs designed this way, and I know of many other people who have the same problem.

Some of my Adobe software uses a dark interface with lighter text. I don't like it, but it is legible and not particularly painful because they don't use an extreme white/black contrast. It's more shades of gray. Also, the software is only designed for looking at small commands and menu items, not reading extended bodies of text in the form of comments.

It's a basic principle of decent web design that extended texts (more than a menu button) should never be white on black. It's too difficult for *anyone* to read.

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh Yahoo, how I wish I could be participating in your Pro basketball leagues this year, and that I didn't have to move my own commissioned league to ESPN for the first time in 8 years. However, not only do I absolutely despise the new format, the fact that you are sticking to your new format strictly out of principle now that you have seen the tremendous backlash to your change, I refuse to play on Yahoo now out of principle. No money, no participation, and no page views from me and my leagues anymore.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base