How can we improve the Yahoo Sports?

Go back to the old white screen. The new look is difficult to read.

The new screen look is too difficult to read. A plain white page is much easier on the eyes. The new colors blend together too much. Go back to the old look.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Sports black background -not good.  ·   · 
    RuellRuell shared a merged idea: The white one was so much better. This interface is buggy  ·   · 
    Gary reshesGary reshes shared a merged idea: The new layout is impossible to find anything. Go back or lose viewers like myself!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I HATE 110% the new YAHOO SPORTS... IT IS TERRIBLE! Its almost impossible to find stuff, you can't read anything go back to original.  ·   · 
    stevesteve shared a merged idea: In http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com, Remove the background and go back to white screen. I cannot see the stats  ·   · 
    CBCB shared a merged idea: Please go back to the old format for Fantasy Football...the new format is horrible for both research and reading  ·   · 
    LukeLuke shared a merged idea: Please go back to the old white screen. I hate the new screen. I would look to leave rather than get used to this.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: New look is TERRIBLE... it's busy and distracting. The "white" design was much better: clean and simple.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The new background on the fantasy football pages is awful  ·   · 
    BillyBilly shared a merged idea: GO BACK TO THE OLD WHITE SCREEN!!  ·   · 
    SethSeth shared a merged idea: You have been doing things perfectly for 10 years..Please go back to white screen  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Go back to the old format please!!!! with the white background.. The way it was before! Please do it before season starts.  ·   · 
    M. McCarthyM. McCarthy shared a merged idea: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YAHOO, GO BACK TO THE WHITE SCREEN AND PREVIOUS VERSION. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: please go back to the old white screen!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    DarnoldDarnold shared a merged idea: Ditch the black background  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: go back to white screen can not see  ·   · 
    patrickpatrick shared a merged idea: CHANGE BACK TO THE OLD WHITE SCREEN FOR FANTASY  ·   · 
    Lloyd MoreaLloyd Morea shared a merged idea: Color options. On/Off button for white or black  ·   · 
     Jack Gilmore Jack Gilmore shared a merged idea: please put the old screen back , the new one makes me want to not play  ·   · 
    storminstormin shared a merged idea: make the background an option of a blurred field or a solid color. your killing my eyes  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The new background sucks. Go back to the original, simple white background.  ·   · 
    Chuck LaneChuck Lane shared a merged idea: Go back to the old white screen. It is almost impossible to read  ·   · 
    Robert MendezRobert Mendez shared a merged idea: Please give us the Option to Go Back To The Original Format For Fantasy Football. The new backround and format is hard to see.  ·   · 
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: Fire the idiot who designed your new background for Fantasy Football. He obviously doesn't play.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please get rid of the blurry background on our fantasy football page. Hard to read, gives me a headache. Go back to the white background!  ·   · 
    sumeetsumeet shared a merged idea: please change the background back. the new on is difficult to read. or at least make it an option.  ·   · 
    JimJim shared a merged idea: This new format is very hard to read, can we go back to the old screen?  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: New fantasy football format is horrible. It sucks sucks sucks.  ·   · 
    T.J.T.J. shared a merged idea: The background in Yahoo Fantasy Football League Name Kohl's is too dark to print!  ·   · 
    DannyDanny shared a merged idea: PLEASE go back to the old screen, the new one is difficult to read. Thank you.  ·   · 
    buck rodgersbuck rodgers shared a merged idea: new background SSUUCCKKSS!!!!!!! Impossible to read without a headache, go back to the white please  ·   · 
    jimmyboyjimmyboy shared a merged idea: fantasy football put back the way it was. You ruined it. Go back to black letters on white background  ·   · 
    jimmyboyjimmyboy shared a merged idea: put fantasy fooball back with white background  ·   · 
    KornKidKornKid shared a merged idea: Add a setting to allow user to choose between new or old background  ·   · 
    KornKidKornKid shared a merged idea: the new background sucks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why did you change the fantasy football template? It looks terrible. Very hard to read  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: This sucks! It's hard to read and difficult to navigate! Please return to the old format!  ·   · 
    Patrick PopielPatrick Popiel shared a merged idea: please change the fantasy football page back to the original white backround!  ·   · 
    tiger909tiger909 shared a merged idea: The New (Black) Fantasy Fooball Format is TERRIBLE!  ·   · 
    IceIce shared a merged idea: Oh my god I can't read anything stop making so many dumb changes  ·   · 
    DebDeb shared a merged idea: I really hate the opaque fantasy football screen. The fuzzy football field in the background makes it hard to see.  ·   · 
    RichieRichie shared a merged idea: All I see is negative feedback on the new setup of your fantasy football page. I agree with every comment I have read. Page is more diffic  ·   · 
    khkh shared a merged idea: fantasy football  ·   · 
    PatPat shared a merged idea: Planning on moving to another wbesite for our draft unless you allow us to change format back  ·   · 
    GustavoGustavo shared a merged idea: Now you guys f***ed up the fantasy sports page too?!?!?!?!  ·   · 
    Long-time PlayerLong-time Player shared a merged idea: New Fantasy Football Team page sucks, hurts my eyes!!!  ·   · 
    JOEJOE shared a merged idea: the change in the format is a step backwards...  ·   · 
    daviddavid shared a merged idea: Please put the sports page back the way it was.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: change it back to the old smart phone look.  ·   · 

543 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • rogerroger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

getting overlap of the printing going to start looking for new source of news and info.

• WRAITHWRAITH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think the white suck you go thre whole season then change it wtf silly give us an option on color and show where you put it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can change this yourself. Go to the My Team page. Click on the small circle near the top left corner of your team's icon. The very first option is a drop down. Switch it to Day Game. Then save.

• Jeff McJeff Mc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think by this point it's obvious that Yahoo doesn't care about customer feedback. I don't think I've talked to one person that likes the new looks screen. I can hear them in their board rooms now. They're probably saying "Oh it's just that people are resistant to change." Well actually no that's not it at all. It's that the new screen looks awful.

• BettyBetty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto for me. How do I get the old screen back? What were you thinking?

• Terry BrowneTerry Browne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Europe we have the European court of Civil rights. Maybe we should refer Yahoo / Flickr to them on behalf of the blind and visually impaired?

For a start have Flickr project managers read, and studied, this ? http://www.afb.org/info/accessibility/creating--accessible-computer-applications/25

Be nice to know if they understand. White print on Black is terrible for the partially sighted, especially with the smaller laptop and mobile devices these days.

The joys of young eyesight?

Yahoo!'s new box scores for baseball are TERRIBLE! It's not a matter of me just having to get used to it, it's:
        1. They are difficult to read.
        2. They don't present the information in a clear, concise manner.
        3. The flash setup causes the screen to jump around randomly.
        Whatever Yahoo! paid its designers, it was too much. This site now looks like it was designed by someone with really creative ideas but no practical sense.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Sports page is terrible. White background was much better.

Yahoo baseball was perfect before. Yahoo used to be so clean and easy on the eyes. just terrible now.

• WonkWonk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Anonymous commented · September 17, 2013 10:06 · Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for changing the sports page back to the way it was. The new format was terrible. Yahoo was my go to page for all things sports until the format change. I'm glad you changed it back"

Must be a thankless gig there, so they had to fix that wagon, too.

• BB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How much feedback do you need to 'gather' before you realise that your redesign have made it far worse than before? Stop being stubborn, listen to your audience and act on it.

sports, weather and portfolio are all broken. you enter you location, favourite teams and portfolios and nothing changes. you get state weather, default sport scores and portfolios that you must look at one at a time. no wonder google is eating your lunch.

I don't want any teams in the sports module. I only want tennis scores. How do I get that back??? For as poorly as you maintained it, it was good as a reminder of what tournaments were taking place. Now it serves no purpose at all!

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree. The Sports page is truly awful. Bloated and slow to view. I actually had switched over to Yahoo's Canadian Sports web site during this NBA season as it had retained the older format. But apparently the Canadian site switched over in the past day or so, so now I am using ESPN for my sports scores.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree. The Sports page is truly awful. Bloated and slow to view. I actually had switched over to Yahoo's Canadian Sports web site during this NBA season as it had retained the older format. But apparently the Canadian site switched over in the past day or so, so now I am using ESPN for my sports scores.

If this doesn't change soon I will stop using yahoo because of this stupid new design....

• Bob MilnerBob Milner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The news Sports page is horrible. You have to search for various sports instead of having the major ones shown at the top of the page. Change, in this instance, it not a good thing.

Please change it back. I hate to check my email now. It's hard to read, hard to find what you need, hard to delete old email. Shouldn't we have a choice in what our email screen looks like???

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28

Feedback and Knowledge Base