Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

i keep getting redirected to the au site when i enter finance.yahoo.com- i do not want the australian site, i want the us site

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mark batesmark bates shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jeff francisjeff francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lets start using the other browsers and start sending these to the newspapers and ask them to publish.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least provide the option to go to the us version, after all, the URL clearly has the original URL the user entered.

Nobody cares at yahoo. Apple looks like going down the same race to the bottom. You waste your time trying to help yahoo out of its mess. A once good site spoilt. Marketing department must be non existent

Goodbye forever yahoo finance. You will frustrate me no longer with your misguided redirection.

• S MeadowsS Meadows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo - please listen to the broad range of customers on this site and provide a fix to this serious problem!

• JamieJamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously Yahoo either don't give a rats about their users or they just don't read the suggestions?

Looks to me like it might be time to short YHOO

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You seem to have forgotten the fact that I am your customer. And this action makes me wonder why I would ever trust your company or sites again when you choose to manipulate me in this way. I will take the only real action that any customer can really take, and I advise you that you will never see me at your door again. And as my last action, I will be dropping Toyota an email to advise them why I will never see their add on your site. This type of corporate thuggery and manipulation disgusts me and I urge everyone that can, to not be complicit in this theft of your freedom.

• Brian BrownBrian Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am another long term user of Yahoo/YahooFinanceUSA and YahooFinanceAu who is being adversely affected by the recent imposed redirect from YFUSA to YFAu. This will have a negative impact on Yahoo profit .... in the past I have purchased several products via Yahoo links and also was a paid subscriber to YahooUSA real time data. I will also leave YahooFinance for good if I am corralled into the YFAu site. I understand the need for Yahoo to pay for their site and the use of Australian add content in conjunction with the YFUSA information is fair enough except that it is not working e.g. I should be able to go to http://finance.yahoo.com/?p=au.finance.yahoo.com directly but I cant ... if I add that address to my browser URL then it redirects to the YFAu site.
        I don't want and will never use the YFAu site exclusively ... my prime use is the YFinanceUSA site and Yahoo7 local Australian news etc. For the benefit of other users the workaround is to go the the YahooAu Finance page, then go to the investing page then scroll down and click on the USA link. Once the USA finance page comes up add a link to your desktop to get to http://finance.yahoo.com/?p=au.finance.yahoo.com Also keep an eye out, at the YFAu site for a small USA icon at the top of the one of the pages ... it also links to YFUSA

• Go edGo ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extremely frustrating not being able to access the us finance site on an iPad. If I enter a us ticker symbol the news that appears are old!!! Try doing trading with one month old news if you want to loose money.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

was better the old way - who cares about Oz markets news etc, the real catalyst is overseas - and where has the gold data gone?

I agree with others. Prefer being able to control what I view, and will move to google finance if yahoo finance US not available

• S MeadowsS Meadows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the site so that the Yahoo US Finance site can be accessed with tablets. This is very frustrating. I am having to use other sites to get to the US financial information and news that I require.

• JenJen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh well cant win 'em all :) i am loving the aussie experience tho - and it's a much better looking website too

• ll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jen, this is not available when you are viewing the website on the iPad!!
        There is NO way of going to the US site on the iPad....it keeps bouncing back to the AU site

• JenJen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be fair, there is a US flag next to the stock search bar... and it takes you back. I am able to check my portfolio and do a stock search for US stocks on the AU site too and personally, I quite like the AU site for its local and global news and there's no difference in the experience.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone else. This is ultra-annoying and I'm off to google finance until I can get back to the US site.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base