Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

Is there a way to save the chart settings I prefer so I don't have to reconfigure the charts every time I look at a new stock?

Is there a way I can save the chart settings that I use the most so I don't have to spend the time to redraw the chart every time I look at a new stock? I'd like to save my settings of the OHLC bar charts with the 200 and 50 day MA as the baseline instead of the line chart which is the default now. Thanks.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DaneDane shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    KumarKumar shared a merged idea: all settings in interactive charts of technical parameters changes every time the charts are refreshed though saved as bookmark the page ?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Really, truly, we need someway to save our chart parameters even when we close our browser to shut down.  ·   · 
    Gary SGary S shared a merged idea: Make your "Interactive" chart save comparisons to other stocks in my Favorites like the "Basic" chart does.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please allow the settings that I establish in the interactive charts to be saved so that the user doesn't have to load the same thing over  ·   · 
    Fred StevensonFred Stevenson shared a merged idea: Once upon a time, I could select the chart settings and technical indicators and they would be held until I logged off. Why did it change?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING TO RESET TECHNICAL DATA. WHY CAN'T I SAVE MY SETTINGS? I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE IS ANYONE AT YAHOO THAT EVEN REA  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The ability to save chart settings would be a great feature. Thank you.  ·   · 
    Stephen Daniels Stephen Daniels shared a merged idea: Instructions: How to Save Chart Settings  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The interactive charts are no longer saving the technical details selected  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I have to continually reset my chart settings for the interactive charts. How do I save my setting?  ·   · 
    hongweihongwei shared a merged idea: Hope Stock Chart's setting can be saved and stay, now I have to change the setting each time I want to look at a stock, how annoying it is!  ·   · 
    BobBob shared a merged idea: Charts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Have a "Save the Charts" feature  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Saving chart settings to default  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: Enable users each select their preferred chart format as their default. Saved chart style needs open as saved other day...  ·   · 
    JRJR shared a merged idea: Allow charts settings to carry over from stock symbol to stock symbol. I have to reconfigure every time now. Not user friendly.  ·   · 
    dondon shared a merged idea: Why doesn't the technical indicator settings stay when you set them  ·   · 
    BunziBunzi shared a merged idea: I would like to save my settings on interactive charts so I don't have to request moving averages and MACD every time I pull up a chart.  ·   · 
    JakeJake shared a merged idea: Design own default style charts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: chart setting will not stay on the setting I am choosing how do you keep the setting selected  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why can't your charts remember my chart settings?  ·   · 
    RoyRoy shared a merged idea: Is there any way to store my choices for interactive chart parameters so that I don't have to keep reentering them ex: 50,100, 200 day SMA?  ·   · 
    Ernie HerstErnie Herst shared a merged idea: I use your charts Can I set my charts to always use a certain moving average... every time  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: Need to allow "saved" Interactive chart configuration as a personal chart default style.  ·   · 
    Michael felixMichael felix shared a merged idea: In the Chart section, I have to make a selection EVERY time  ·   · 

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I enter a new symbol, the chart reverts to 1 day, and no indicators. This used to not reset with every new symbol. I have new ideas each week, and want to see a standard (for me) chart. Find stockcharts.com is getting easier to use. But Yahoo has better financials. Yahoo charts used to really rock. Hope they can be fixed soon

• SharonSharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a Yahoo forum or help desk to help with this kind of thing?

• CraigCraig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't save mine either. Do I need to do something that I don't about?

• MIKEMIKE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a very simple fix and require some scripts and little afford to be done. Why is it so hard to offer something that is user friendly? No wonder many news said Yahoo core business is declining cause they don't care about it. If you ever listen to what people want and think of what they want, I am sure Yahoo will be a better place to think of when I need to search or look up for news. As of now, I am still disappointed and frustrated for this company.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really, truly, we need someway to save our chart parameters even when we close our browser to shut down.

• Gary SGary S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is the interactive chart so dumb? There is no way to save the setup!

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wish this were true, but it doesn't work. I copied this new address, based on my preferred interactive chart settings, to a bookmark. When I close the tab and start a new one and then opened up the newly saved bookmark, it reverts back to the original, default settings. Problem not solved.

• Fred StevensonFred Stevenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once upon a time, I could select the chart settings and technical indicators and they would be held until I logged off. Now it reverts to default every time I select a chart. Why did it change?
        Once upon a time I could print charts. Why can I no longer print them?
        Two very valuable features no longer available. Makes charts much less useable.

• edward morganedward morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saving the address with interactive setup NO Longer works on my PC.....Save button or cookie setups please

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks. If Yahoo won't change it back I guess this is a good fix.

I would like to know why there is a "reset option"? It's not needed! Why not have a "save" option

Until I read this comment, I thought I would have made some errors in bookmarking and storing Yahoo interactive graphs. Earlier I was able to store indicators in graphs and invoke it again with the set indicators; but not now. Why innovations go backwards in Yahoo?

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish Yahoo was more responsive in fixing bad ideas and glitches. When it works, I like Yahoo, but all to often you incorporte bad ideas and then when you "fix" them you mess up something else.

I have also noticed the technical indicators disappearing across multiple stock views. It previously worked as a great time saver. How can I restore this extremely useful function?

• Stephen Daniels Stephen Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOW TO: SAVE YOUR CHART SETTINGS

-Take the time (again) to set your interactive chart just the way you like.
        -Now copy the new address in your browser and save for later...AKA Bookmark.

That easy... Common Yahoo, I put 5 minutes of effort into this and found a way... give us a freaking save button!

HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE OUT!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base