Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

interactive charts! I have lost my patience. To continually reset the interactive charts destroys all the good things you have. I'm gone!!!!

8th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LucianoLuciano shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have one computer that still keeps the technical indicators as I change the underlying symbol and another computer that erases all my technical indicators each time I enter a stock symbol. Seems like it might be a browser setting (I am using firefox on both) but can you tell me the way to keep the technical indicators set on each stock symbol I enter?

• Sir LordSir Lord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to use the "time range" in the lower right hand corner, and you will get the total returns for that stock or fund ticker symbol that you want. Write it down and then enter another stock or fund ticker symbol in the upper left-hand corner and enter and start comparing. The past fifteen years is the greatest time period that you can use for comparison since it entails the 1999 boom, followed by the bust and aggravated by 9/11, followed by a recovery based on oil, followed by the housing bust, and then followed by slow recovery across all facets! Note that the major players on Wall St. always talk about long-term with a 20-year period in mind; so, with the next 5-year in mind, things can go to **** in a hand-basket pretty quick. Keep that also in mind when you compare returns. Even though we have always been told that past performances are not indications of future returns, I say that we invest in people who manage monies and know how to allocate them and protect them over time. Also keep in mind that with wave lifts all boats, when the storm hits, the trick to find out who can give cover during that difficult period in time as it will be reflected in their returns in the following two years-yes, I said two years, not three or five or ten because when the chickens come home to roost, you'll find out who have been the moneymakers through their allocation and protection techniques. History has been my greatest lesson!!

• NityaNNityaN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to get Minute, hour & weekly charts in your Interactive chart setting? No such button is obviously visible. Kindly guide me.

STEPHEN DANIELS SUGGESTION IS EXCELLENT. TRIED AND LIKE IT. YOU CAN SAVE A DIFFERENT SETTING USING A DIFFERENT BOOKMARK NAME.
        WHEN AND IF YAHOO PROVIDES A BOX TO SAVE ONE'S SETTINGS IS PROBLEMATICAL. SUCH A UTILITY WOULD REDUCE THE NEED FOR MANY BOOKMARKS ON ONE'S COMPUTER.

• ClareClare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I read somewhere that Yahoo had fixed this problem but that is just not true. Come on Yahoo, this should be an easy fix for your techs. Today I am still trying to make New settings in the Interactive Chart but every time it refreshes, they disappear. Yahoo, you are forcing us to go elsewhere for our business. Please fix ASAP!

I complained and was wrong, but the interactive charts are the best on the net...and for free.
        The ability to go back in time and create a daily or intraday to chart a time frame from years back is priceless. Go find it anywhere else for free...thanks yahoo. Please continue

• Stephen Daniels Stephen Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOW TO: SAVE YOUR CHART SETTINGS

-Take the time (again) to set your interactive chart just the way you like.
        -Now copy the new address in your browser and save for later...AKA Bookmark.

That easy... Common Yahoo, I put 5 minutes of effort into this and found a way... give us a freaking save button!

HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE OUT!!!

That easy... Common Yahoo, I put 5 minutes of effort into this and found a way... give us a freaking save button!

PLEASE RESPOND YAHOO PERSONNEL.

I, like the other who have posted before me, would appreciate the ability to save our interactive chart settings. Your visuals are great but the easily avoided save settings "bug" could be easily corrected.

Thank you.

Smartest move you have made so far….leaving the site. Your drawdowns will be less now.
        You can't trade with this site anymore. This is why all the serious traders I know have left the site. You can only do "basic daily trading 101" with the site. And two points, firstly nobody is listening to you and secondly nobody at Yahoo cares. You will still be sending in complaints for the next few years. Nobody at Yahoo wants to admit they made a mistake….it goes on the record you see.

• wmterrywmterry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo needs to stop asking for 'feedback' because they don't do anything with it.

Interactive charts have completely stopped working for me. Chrome, Firefox, even IE - all look different when they fail, but all do fail. (Chrome freezes or gives "shockwave crashed" message - Firefox gives the spinning "loading" symbol but it never loads). Multiple computers as well. Cleared cache, reinstalled Flash, Shockwave, Java - nothing fixed the problem. What happened? They worked fine for years but over the last couple of weeks - nothing.

I thought I was to dumb to save the settings I adjusted the Interactive Charts to.
        But the dozens of comments all tell me: It 's not me, it 's Yahoo...

Yahoo seems to operate under: "Never change a loosing strategy..."

sls.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base