Hi, please share your suggestions, we are listening

New interactive finance charts are awful

The new green interactive finance charts are awful and very difficult to use. I wish Yahoo keep the old ones or give an option to choose.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    daviddavid shared a merged idea: new charts cause me to use google finance.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: This is totally UNHELPFUL. Bring back 50 day and 200 day moving averages, the most useful aspect of the Basic Charts.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: NEW CHARTS ARE NOT WORKING. PLEASE GO BACK TO OLD ONES!  ·   · 
    Stephen HinkleStephen Hinkle shared a merged idea: The new chart format is terrible, please bring back the old version.  ·   · 
    Bruce ChambersBruce Chambers shared a merged idea: BRING BACK THE BASIC CHART -The new chart is horrible. You had a great set of options with the Basic, Interactive - Now they are worthless.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: please go back to the old basic chart, or at least offer it as an option  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: bring back the interactive chart,and hurry -I miss it.Cant find a chart like that anywhere!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring Back The Basic Charts - Your New ones STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Your new interactive charts are useless . the old basic chart was perfect. I need a real chart that can be printed out & actually used.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: NEW CHARTS ARE AWFUL  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: PLEASE FIX CHARTS - new format is very unuseable  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please bring back the Classic Interactive Chart like Google did when they changed their map and Coke did when they changed the formula.  ·   · 
    James BurrJames Burr shared a merged idea: your interactive charts are very bad. I need to modify like the old ones.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The "basic chart" feature does not work on Yahoo Finance, it defaults all attempts to access to interactive chart. PLEASE restore basic  ·   · 
    John LemandriJohn Lemandri shared a merged idea: Your new financial charts are not as useful as the old ones. Before we were able to plug in many stock charts which showed one after other  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Basic Chart is not working - it redirects to Interactive Chart  ·   · 
    M.B. HardyM.B. Hardy shared a merged idea: "Basic Chart" and "Basic Tech. Analysis" chart links do not work  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I cannot get your basic charts to come up.  ·   · 
    Jerry OlsonJerry Olson shared a merged idea: Your interactive charts have not worked for weeks. Will you please try to fix them.  ·   · 
    LucianoLuciano shared a merged idea: interactive charts! I have lost my patience. To continually reset the interactive charts destroys all the good things you have. I'm gone!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: need charts badly !!!!  ·   · 
    Planned  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Product Support, Yahoo) responded  · 

Thank you for your comments and upvotes. Our team is working on enhancements to the interactive charts. If there are specific features you would like to see which aren’t already mentioned. Please post them.
    Regards
    Yahoo Finance Product Team

155 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now they are even worse! Many stocks have only 5 days data in interactive mode. Don't you test new software before you put it out for all to use?

Would like to see the Dates of dividends in order of month, dated
        Old format I could do it. Would also like to see the winners and ****** of my portfolio from the chart. Cannot do it with this new format. Please advise how to do it on the new format.

• McEbbieMcEbbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is this? I lost my entire home screen with ALL my stock records I was following! Can I get my watch list up and running again please? HOW?..

HELP

• Arild RognanArild Rognan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don`nt get my interactive Charts at all. I have opera and Windows latest Version on my computer and the latest Version of Java too

• BerndBernd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, interactive charts are no longer displayed at all in the latest version of Firefox

• del stephensdel stephens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

give me back the old charts , the new ones are all screwed up and not functional, they may look nice to you but they don't work

Just when you finally get the Interactive Charts working you decided to deploy another version before it was properly tested and verified to work on all reasonable platforms.
        I use a Mac, OS 10.8.5

On Safari the interactive charts don't work AT ALL! The only selection that works is the line shape (line, candlestick, bar). When adding Comparisons and Indicators all that shows up is the label for the selection, and there's no way to remove it.

On Chome, the Comparisons work OK, but on the Indicators one can only display on at the default setting. Adding Indicators does nothing and it's not possible to change the period of moving averages.

Do you guys care how much you're angering your customers?!? We use these tools to invest our life's savings. What are you thinking?!? Do not deploy changes until you are absolutely sure they work!!!

Just when you finally get the Interactive Charts working you decided to deploy another version before it was properly tested and verified to work on all reasonable platforms.
        I use a Mac, OS 10.8.5

On Safari the interactive charts don't work AT ALL! The only selection that works is the line shape (line, candlestick, bar). When adding Comparisons and Indicators all that shows up is the label for the selection, and there's no way to remove it.

On Chome, the Comparisons work OK, but on the Indicators one can only display on at the default setting. Adding Indicators does nothing and it's not possible to change the period of moving averages.

Do you guys care how much you're angering your customers?!? We use these tools to invest our life's savings. What are you thinking?!? Do not deploy changes until you are absolutely sure they work!!!

The customized chart does not work properly. I can no longer compare 2 stocks for a 2 month period. Please fix as your chart was the best around until it quit working. Thanks

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Custom Chart doesn't work at all. I can set the dates range but can't get it to display the chart for the specified period. Why doesn't this work?

• Joel SingerJoel Singer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The charts have a mind of their own. They are now unusable. The format was fine until you changed it. Why aren't you listening to your users? Will have to go elsewhere for charting. Makes Finance.Yahoo less valuable.

Why do you change the date I set for a portfolio stock addition? Very annoying.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base