Hi, please let us know how we can improve further.

"Your password should not be similar to the previous password." The new password I entered is not similar in any way to my previous password

It says: "Your password should not be similar to the previous password." The new password I entered is not similar in any way (no relation at all or has any similarities, period) to my previous password, and it will not let me change my password. If there is something wrong with you system, please fix it. Thanks.

6th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Clara Clara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TRIED CHANGING MY PASSWORD AND IT SAYS PASSWORD CAN NOT BE THE SAME AS BEFORE. OK THAT IS UNDERSTANDABLE. SO I USE MY SECURITY QUESTIONS ETC...AND TRY TO CHANGE IT AGAIN, AND IT'S NOT ACCEPTING IT....WHAT DO I DO

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Went to help.yahoo.com where I clicked on "Need Help Logging In? Get online assistance - give us your details to get started." at the top of the page. I was able to have them text me a code and then I was finally able to change my password.

trying to reset my pass word and it keeps telling me similar to previous pass word and they are NOT.. what should I do?

• ericeric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How am I going to receive feedback if I can not access my account?

• D'MontraD'Montra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im having the same issue i really need this fix because i have all my interviewers email me also my contacts are synced to my yahoo

• D Denise RichardsD Denise Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same simular problem, every password i attempt says it is a match to the previous which is impossible, how can this be corrected so i can get my mail.

• CarolineCaroline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I am having this same issue, my email account is now locked, but it doesn't matter if I put in a bunch of gibberish for my password and it comes up with the "Your password should not be similar to the previous password"!!!! Very frustrating!

I am being forced to change my password about every month because Yahoo will no longer accept it and then I cant use any previous password...and I am running out of passwords that I will remember.

I tried calling yahoo and they said to go to help.yahoo.com where I clicked on "Need Help Logging In? Get online assistance - give us your details to get started." at the top of the page. I was able to have them text me a code and then I was finally able to change my password. I hope this helps everyone that's having the same problem.

I am having the same problem. I invented several brand new passwords and I used completely different letters, numbers and symbols and it still says, "Your password should not be similar to the previous password." I am still locked out of my account. Please respond and fix this problem. I can't find anyway to contact Yahoo directly on your site,

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base