Security

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. i got a new phone and the other one is not active anymore and won't let me get into my account

Get rid of the phone deal cause then users can't get into their accounts when they have a different phone

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Prompted Password change

I am attempting to change my password and it keeps saying I cannot use a password like the previous one and I am not. What should I do?

58th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My account was hacked, I changed my password but since then I have not received any emails even though some were sent to me

My account was hacked, I changed my password but since then I have not received any emails even though some were sent to me

92nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. i changed my pasword but now i forgot.and even my secret Awnser. I also forgot my pasword of alternet email address. what shoulld I do.

my user id bbana_888 and ref number 3551 7011 ( I don't know if this information help)
    I change my password recenly and when i sign in its been said incorrect ID and PASSWORD even I entre correct one, after tried few times my account has been locked and I try to get help from web even I trying to call the customer care but all failed. Please help me, I need my old account. thank you.

140th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. remove Yahoo password restricions instead with suggesting

Just remove YAHOO Password coding restrictions and those rules can be the suggestions for password coding improvement skill.

140th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Terrible account security!

I changed my password last night, in case it had been compromised due to the "heartbleed bug." I selected no other options and made no other account changes. To my surprise (and dismay), when I turned on the computer and started the browser today, I was already logged in!

Note well, that this NEVER occurred before I changed my password. It used to be that if I closed the browser, I would also be logged out, even if I didn't explicit click "sign out." That is how it should be, or at the very least, that should be an option.

140th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 9th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My Yahoo account was phished, and hacker created my Yahoo e-mail account. I need help deleting it.

My Yahoo account was phished, and the hacker created my Yahoo e-mail account. I need help deleting the bogus e-mail account. I've tried several times over the YEARS to do this on my own, to no avail. Since I was not using Yahoo e-mail prior to the phishing attack, the bogus account is now my PRIMARY account, so I can't delete it. Suggestions?

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I was just disconnected from a call after waiting for OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF, before we were disconnected the customer service guy asked me

I was just disconnected from a call after waiting for OVER AN HOUR AND A HALF, before we were disconnected the customer service guy asked me for my phone number incase it happened. Not surprisingly, I have not received a call back. My account has been hacked MULTIPLE TIMES, it is absolutely ridiculous that this keeps happening. As if the hacking wasn't enough, after wasting an hour and a half of my time, I am slapped in the face with ****** customer service. YAHOO... YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE MANY CUSTOMERS WITH THE WAY YOU HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS!!!

140th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. sohailanjum

Help me acunt

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Good day, I'd suggest reconsiderging to share users' info with other web links. Accounts being compromised every now and then.

TOP URGENT

Dear Sirs,

You're kindly requested to have a thorough check on my account capt_lake@yahoo.com since I'm facing a strange error; I had to request help to access my account and was guided to reset my password. After resetting access is OK, but only once meaning the next time I'm trying to sign in there's no action, unless I reset my password again. I'm afraid there's a phishing or hacking about my account.
    Your kind concern and cooperation is highly appreciated, beforehand.

Sincerely,
    Mohammad Mehdi Karimi (M.Mehdi Kairmi)

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. LOCKED OUT

I TRIED TO CHECK MY EMAILS TODAY AND HAD BEEN LOGGED OUT OF MY MAIL. NOW MY PASSWORD DOESNT WORK. I TRIED TO RESET THEM AND NOW MY GMAIL ACCOUNTS ARE LOCKED AS WELL. I NEED THESE ACCOUNTS FOR SCHOOL. CAN U PLEASE HELP ME RECOVER MY PASSWORD. THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I COULD FIND ON THE WEB SITE TO POST A COMMENT FOR HELP!!!PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Yes

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 140th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Yahoo help is not useful for spam email being sent to contacts and there are no direct ways to contact Yahoo help

Yahoo needs to provide a way for users to contact the provider for spam and hacked account issues. The phone number given disconnects for email issues and there are no customer support emails for users to contact Yahoo. The Yahoo help center does not address the issue well enough and I can't solve my problem of my email account sending spam to my contacts. It's embarrassing.

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Goodbye Yahoo, Hello Gmail "Your password should not be similar to the previous password." I am livid.

I am livid because all i want to do is access my email to get some important messages. I came to the login and put my username and password and it tells me to make another password. This is my 8th time making a new password. But this time every password i put in it says its similar to my previous password, when its not i literally put 1k24l12j234E and it rejected it for being similar. FIX YOUR **** YAHOO! I have to access my email and I cant and it is putting my career at stake. I am getting…

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 203rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)