Hi, please let us know your ideas and feedback regarding Yahoo Smart TV

I am so unhappy with Yahoo tv. I brought a Vizio Smart tv to have an an internet browser. The Apps that you are more like widgets.

Add an internet browser! if you don't I hope the TV companies switch to google!

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John DoeJohn Doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. Vizio duped me into believing it had a browser with the box label. The apps are an insult to anyone's intelligence as both Yahoo and Vizio have the belief that they will put out anything to grab customer cash with no regard to quality. Years ago GM did the same thing as they manufactured ****** cars that fell apart with no concern to quality because they were the only kids on the block. We all know where that went after Japan manufactured quality cars which drew customer loyalty.

• Shawn mcneilShawn mcneil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't get me wrong it stinks not having a browser but I bought this TV for...WAIT FOR IT...WAIT FOR IT...WAIT FOR IT...THE PICTURE. Cmon people your laptop has an HDMI output. You people are acting like it came without speakers. The browserless poorly designed app market is clearly subpar but toughen up and enjoy your entertainment of choice on this kick a$$ "TV". Besides, not having screen mirroring is a much bigger tragedy!

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no reason you cant be better than Samsung Yahoo weather is awesome, so the Fansty app get your butts in gear!!! HBOgo APP would make you the second biggest smart TV instantly without question on the Vizio Market if not the first over Samsung down the road.

• Jason MillerJason Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I own a 70 inch vizio and a 50 inch samsung. The vizio is nothing more than a joke when it comes to the apps available for it. We use the Samsung and havent even turned on the vizio in over 6 months. Love the TV but smart it is not. Doesnt seem like yahoo even cares about customer frustrations.

• AnnAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo/Vizio I'm done with. My family and friends have been warned of your deviant marketing schemes

• NCAA FOOTBALLNCAA FOOTBALL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can Yahoo (A SEARCH ENGINE) not make an app for a TV to atleast search for things? RIDICULOUS

Will not buy another thing that has this **** on it. My Father in law has a sony from what seems like the first ever smart tv that is able to browse a website. What do you know?? it has google.

• irene kranenburgirene kranenburg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I want to watch the Acorn tv shows, but it is not one of the apps. When I bought the tv I did not realize it did not have a browser

• AbAb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looks like only google tv (on LG) offers a full browser ... if definitely sucks not to have a browser... plus the fact that if you research some you'll find requests for a browser addon several years back and when I called Yahoo TV support to inquire if they will ever, I ran into an extremely rude CS Rep. who effectively asked me to go fish!!! ... #YaWHOOOOOOOO.

• markmark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was mislead myself. I could have swore i saw 'surf the web' in the advertisement. Can't find those words in the literature that came with the tv. I feel ripped off but could restore my faith buy adding a browser app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree - I would NEVER have bought a Vizio Smart TV if I'd known no browser - Samsung will get my next purchase

Feedback and Knowledge Base