US Search Desktop

We appreciate your feedback on how to improve Yahoo Search. This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve your Search experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Stop posting old articles

I came across an article in your "politics" section in your mobile app that is over 500 days old. Why would anyone want to see or read it? It was about Bernie Sanders siding with Hillary Clinton. I was assuming that it was a new or recent article until I researched it. Please stop doing this to avoid further confusion. Thank you.

Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  What I dislike  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am trying to help you improve your search engine.

Before i set yahoo as my homepage. Can you make a function that makes me see less of politics, less of celebrities, 100% nothing about facebook, and less about all the really just depressing stuff. for example a young womans corpse was found was on your home page JUST RIGHT NOW ON THE DATE OF -. WHY ON EARTH would i want 5-11-2018. Other really just disturbing stuff id rather not see But other people or more than free to keep that on their homepage i would just like the option to simply remove that. What im trying to say…

Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove or lower in the search "Disneyland Free Birthday ticket" it is no longer accurate

When you enter "Disneyland Free Ticket Birthday" This brings up a 2009 offer that no longer is offered and has not been offered again since then. It should not return as valid return on the search. It can have some indicator that the hit is no longer valid. That would work too.

Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  I have a problem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. new search home page

the new search home page with Flickr pictures in the background is very nice please make this available for all devices. I have only gotten this on my Chromebook but
    i really like it.

Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  I have a suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. University and Institution instant info and data on right hand side of search results outdated?

Why not update the information regarding Universities and Institutions that results on the right hand side of the page after a search. When I searched my alma mater, I noticed the most recent acceptance rate was from 3 years ago, whereas both Google and Bing have more recent and updated acceptance rates. These more accurately reflect a universities current admissions criteria and position. Since the data is generated from wikipedia, why not just update some of the info. This would make Yahoo more relevant as a search engine tool. Duly, why not include the Universities Ranking if you're going to…

Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  I have a suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I will be switching back to Chrome if you don't stop making all your news stories into short "Next Page" sales pitches.

Thinking I'm going to read a news story and then having to click "Next page" 15 times to read the whole thing.

Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  What I dislike  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. http://www.fujihousehydepark.com/

Please help us to put correct website to your listing.
    http://www.fujihousehydepark.com/

Thanks!

Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can’t, for the past couple of days, use your search engine

Yahoo search is not functional and hasn’t worked for thepastse couple of days.

Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Revise mistaking of portraits of Kant and Jacobi

Dear Yahoo Search Team!
    Please, take it at global level.
    There's a problem with portraits of Immanuel Kant (1724-1804) and Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi (1743-1819).
    They are often mistaken!
    Already by some publishing houses. Not the best houses, but it is still a problem.
    It lies in this portrait https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Friedrich_Heinrich_Jacobi_portrait.jpg/416px-Friedrich_Heinrich_Jacobi_portrait.jpg
    Please, see the official academic gallery of Immanuel Kant portraits https://www.kant.uni-mainz.de
    Yes, they are similar on this picture.
    But not at the all other pictures - just search the pictures for Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi and see Wiki about him.
    So somebody has mistaken it and said that this is a portrait…

Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

US Search Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base