US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo News?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Look up the definitions of "NEWS". and apply it to your page.

The term "NEWS" is widely defined as recent, up-to-date (new), and of generally relevant to most people. Most of your postings don't qualify. Many are days old, out-of-date information (and close to the top of the lists). WAY too many 'stories' from highly-biased sources (i.e. Huffpost). WWAAAYYYY too many "sponsored" posts, disguised as stories. And NOBODY cares about the Kardashians!!!!!

49th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Post real news. This is a gossip rag.

Post real news. This is a gossip rag.

44th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cant vote on conservative topics, why votes closed?

Yahoo left wing bias. Trying to vote on topics involving left wing bias by yahoo and says vote is closed. I know I am just one person but very close to closing up shop with Yahoo!

61st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. This is horrble. I could not even looks at the news. Everytimes I click the news headline. There are two or more videos playing sametime.

I can not watch the two video playing same time. It has been for awhile. I could not even watch it. I may have to change the Google default news page. I have been using yahoo for long long time. I can not do that now with 2 video playing same times.
    Thanks.

54th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be wonderful if you would drop articles on celebrities, fashion, tv shows, and movies.

It would be wonderful if you would drop articles on celebrities, fashion, tv shows, and movies. When I pop onto the Yahoo site the front page looks more like the cover for a gossip magazine. I want real news and up to date information as to what is going on in the world. If you want to cater to that kind of stuff then move it to a separate page and let us who care about what is going on in the real world easy access to just that information.

48th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Where is the news

There is a big fire on the west coast - where some of my family resides and there is not one story on it, just someone's opinion on something that really does not matter!!! Where is the real news???

110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pop ups

Please to many pop ups. Your blowing our computers up. Enough is enough.....thinks about it.

72nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Yahoo's homepage is not Fake News but it is absouletly Garbage News. What a waste!

Yahoo's homepage is not Fake News but it is absolutely Garbage News. What a waste! Is this the best you can come up with?

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. so much garbage!!!!

STOP PRINTING SO MUCH GARBAGE!!!!

88th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Could you update daily? Sick of gossip.

Sick of days old sometimes weeks old news and HATE "SPONSORED" and hollywood gossip...just looking for FACTAUL news!

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More neutral articles (like a Reuters), global articles, and less echo chambers based on searches or articles clicked on.

I am concerned that the Yahoo format is reinforcing biases of those reading the news instead of providing neutral and consistent information to its users. I believe that this way of relaying the news is causing further divisiveness because users are receiving inconsistent information from other, causing their positions to be in conflict. There are news sources like Reuters that provide information about what is happening in the world in a neutral way without enforcing biases, which may be a more productive model for Yahoo News.

66th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ask users before giving users your New version which I find new version to be terrible

I did not want new version and should have been asked which I was and I denied new version and yahoo gave it to me anyways. Most I found do not like the new format

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. i haye your new idea of havinf someones comment block the article how can i disable this cutesy feature i want to read comment AFTER an art

i hate your new idea of having a comment block the article. How can i disable this cutesy feature?? I want to read comments AFTER an article not blocked by

110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve news writing, please

I have become increasingly disappointed in the quality of newswriting @yahoo news. In the middle of hard news stories we are learning about what designer clothing someone is wearing. Clichés, slang, urban dictionary words, and opinions are sprinkled through nearly everything you publish. A cutline with one of the Hon. Brett Kavanagh hearing photos caused me to write to you today. It reads: " Too bad for Kavanaugh that these Senate-branded ultra minikegs we're not filled with beer." I have no words for that professional judgement black hole.

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customize feeds

Let us be able to customize our feeds again, let us be able to block people and topics we feel inappropriate for us so we don't have to see all types of rude, negative, closeminded and blatantly racist comments on a post

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop spreediscount.com from taking over my internet.

Spreediscount.com has hijacked my yahoo account six times today with a no exit web control. I have to close down and reset to get back on. Should I go back to my previous news source?

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please allow opt out for "Download Newsroom App" pages.

When returning to a discussion I quite often get a page telling me to "Download the newsroom app and join the discussion". No matter what I do, I cannot return to my previous discussion because this page keeps coming up. Effectively, I am locked out of ever returning to that discussion unless download the app, which I DO NOT WANT.

Frankly, it's starting to **** me off.

You need to give people the ability to opt out of downloading the app and returning to the discussion via their browser.

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base