How can we improve Yahoo News?

"Content Preferences" is a joke. How many times do I have to click on "No more f'king Kim Kardashian" before you stop showing me her ****?

Content Preferences are a useless waster of time. I keep hitting delete on **** like who the Kardashians are screwing now and other junk on the home page... but it keeps right on coming. Are they paying you people to post that sh__it?

10th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    dennisdennis shared a merged idea: Private - or public- life of Kardashians or Kanyes are NOT news nor are they wortwhile to anyone to read about. So stop putting them on fron  ·   · 
    Gathering feedback  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Hi Yahoo News readers,

We’ve heard from many of you having problem with setting personalize your news of Seeing less of a news topic.
    If you are thinking that the Fewer like this button is not working, and some stories keep showing up even after you clicked on it.
    Please find the instructions of personalization your news feed on Yahoo Help page here: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&id=SLN5219

Thanks,
    Yahoo Product Support

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WTF Yah00!WTF Yah00! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now all the tags I tried to block are no longer working. Now I am still getting stuff I don't want to see even more than before! this format sucks and I will no longer use Yahoonews and go to Google

• WTF Yah00!WTF Yah00! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now you are adding more tags so you have to see the same stuff you already flagged to not see. How hard is it to allow us to select what we want to see rather than de-select what we do not want to see? then you keep adding more tags and we have to start all over again.

Never mind that we still see tags that we deleted...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, here I am again - I see my comments from January and December are still here and I am STILL having the same problem. How many times do I have to come back and say - CONTENT PREFERENCES DOESN'T WORK!!!! FIX IT OR GET RID OF IT. I'M READY TO LEAVE YAHOO. 14 YEARS USER, I'M DONE!!! I put it in all caps for a reason - I'm screaming at YOU Yahoo!!!!!

Posting here AGAIN because I've spent my reading time today trying to delete half a dozen frickin' articles about the Kartrashians and all the other bottom feeders of their ilk. Either get content preferences to work or get rid of the option! Of course, I can always find somewhere else to get my email and news and that option is looking really good now that I've complained more than once and nothing has changed.

Hey Yahoo Product Support - What is the point of positing the instructions above? We've all been using them and they don't work. That's why we posted in feedback. Either make it work or remove the option, it's pretty simple.

• RTCRTC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These users are correct. The majority of us don't want these so called celeb stories. Most of the comments on the stories are how lame these people are & complaining about Yahoo's obsession with these low life people. I'd like to block all feeds from Huffington Post too. My browser is lighting fast but slows to a crawl on any of their stories. Huffington is tracking & heavily censoring comments at their site if your opinions are not far to the left.

• see emailsee email commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, useless generic answer, that pretends users are dummies. reality is your code need correcting.

nothing like an insulting answer to drive users away. Perhaps time to start using more google services instead.

I came here to say the exact same thing. Daily, and I mean DAILY, I am trying to get those effing Kardashians out of my news feed. Oh, and Chris Brown, and Kanye West and sooo many others. What is the point of offering content preferences when they end up not working? I swear Yahoo is just BEGGING me to find another source for email and news!

• dennisdennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What these "celebrities" do with their lives doesn`t affect-nor interrest-99.99% of Americans one iota.

I love those stories about wrestling and the WWE, please continue to ignore me when I try to remove them....You know what I like better than I do, like Government I guess.

• see emailsee email commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't agree more with this guy. Yahoo you are a joke! why even have a feature if it does not work. Your worse than TMZ and the Enquirer. I don't give a **** about celebrities but you apparently love them!

Feedback and Knowledge Base