How can we improve Yahoo News?

How come I can't change locations on my local news. Mesa everytytime. I'm in Sunnyvale, Ca.

Let me change location(s). Set my own default. It should be pretty easy to do.

17th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BruceBruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It thinks I am in Charlotte, NC. Birmingham is a long way from Charlotte. When is this going to be fixed?

• HCHC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto for the weather widget. It's a new city every time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in Alabama and when the weather appears it is for Sunnyvale, CA. I can add my city, but cannot make it my default.

Same problem in Connecticut. It shows my location as New Haven but I am 60 miles north east of there.

I also don't live in Sunnydale Ca. I live in Tn. and am tired of resetting every time I turn the computer. I think it's time to go to a home where things work!!!

When you read through the comments/suggestions, you will find "location" issues at least five different times. In fact, I don't see any other subject that ****** off more people than being forced to see the weather in Sunnyvale, CA if you don't live there. How can it be that other sites do the "location" thing easily, consistently, but Yahoo just can't seem to get the hint...or muster up the technical expertise to give the customers what they want?

Aaaaaand here we are nearly six months later, and has this been fixed? NO - of course not. Don't be silly.

I am also getting an incorrect current location and I don't care where Yahoo THINKS my IP addressis coming from!!!! Please let us set our own default location, even if it happens to be far away from where we truly are.

I'm in Texas, not Germantown, Maryland. Don't care what their weather is. This shouldn't be difficult. Guess this launch was like passing obamacare - let's launch it and see if it works.

Funny thing is Anonymous is everybody else across the Country is getting Sunnyvale Ca. I'm in Alabama but I know what your weather is. Way to go Yahoo. True to form ; )

• QyrggQyrgg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I change location to my current location, it always resets to Sunnyvale CA, I really don't care what the weather or news is there.... because I'm not there!

Same thing happens to me all the time. Quit relying on server locations and add a persistent user defined location.

• L.E.L.E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here we are mid December and we still cannot maintain a setting for local news. I believe most have given up at this point.

We are getting ragtag smattering of obscure little blog/one typewriter newsrooms/foreign propaganda agencies. That's why I'm reading ABC and Google news, just checking here periodically to see if anything has changed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base