How can we improve Yahoo News?

I'm sick of Yahoo's "news feed" being tilted to Left-Wing stories (HuffPo, NBC, etc.). Be a little more balanced. WSJ for example

Yahoo needs to be more balanced in its news feed. All we get are left-wing news stories from Huffington Post, NBC, etc. How about the Wall Street Journal? It's only fair to be more balanced.

4th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carl MacLeachioCarl MacLeachio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For all the leftists who think it's OK to have lots of left leaning "news" (propaganda) thickly layered here on Yahoo News as if it's balanced with other right wing news stories, just remember that except for Fox news (and I mean the actual news not opinion), ALL anchors are left wing apologists, they throw softballs to Dems in interviews and grill the pants off their opposing party interviewees. George Staphylococcus is the poster boy for that, but there are many more. Since mainstream news is already so left leaning the real "balance" would be for Yahoo to present much less of the already too prevalent and pervasive leftist news.

• Carl MacLeachioCarl MacLeachio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I've noticed it too. HuffPo followed by Salon followed by Vox etc et cetera. One left wing shill site after another posted as "news". The stories I've read on most of them are complete leftist hack jobs that are mostly bad journalism at best or complete propaganda at worst. So I agree. I have been looking for another news oriented startup page for my browser because Yahoo is just leaning left too much. If Yahoo doesn't respond with action soon they will lose a lot of readership and they can join MSNBC as being irrelevant.

• kenken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

give as many angles as possible. it's not newspaper so space is infinite. i don't mind reading left viewpoint but i want to hear right and most importantly unorthodox and alternative viewpoints too.
        right now people use google to get news from all angles... if you presented them all maybe they wouldnt

• NoneNone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To make matters worse, even the Yahoo moderators refuse to allow right wing comments if they are informative (for instance if the comment cites statistics or the Declaration of Independence). Please, oh Yahoo Thought Police, please allow people who disagree with you to post their side of the debate.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did you notice all the complaints about liberal news all have nearly identical wording. I think all these comments are from the same five T party / klan / hill billies who wouldn't know the truth if you stuck it in their nose.

Don't listen to righties. They constantly whine. They're not fond of 'facts' either.

Anonymous should go read his or her news on the Fox News site if they don't like news here.

• imagrubersheep imagrubersheepimagrubersheep imagrubersheep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having been a TV news photog for CBS I can attest to the left wing bias of media in general, Yahoo in particular. Leaving a portrait of Elizabeth Warren up for weeks now at the top of your political section is typical of your promotion. There are too many other examples to name as any connoisseur of news will tell you

• proteanthreadproteanthread commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These articles are only slanted based on how YOU perceive things. If you want to be told that the media is slanted liberally then by all means read FoxNews, WSJ, etc.

I'm not really sure what you're moaning about; there are plenty of articles from sources like the Wall Street Journal, Fox "News", Examiner.com (what a joke they are), etc. Ultimately, what is important is that the articles are well-argued and researched, unlike pieces written by, say, Ann Coulter.

• cy ellency ellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yaachhhooo will NEVER allow their customers to select which news source (or even journalist). Their “less like this” is a totally nonfunctional smokescreen. The will force their liberal agenda down our throats no matter what. They even hide ultra-liberal hit pieces by giving them titles that completely lie about their content just to get you to open them knowing the majority of their readers are actively ignoring the bulk of the liberal garbage. The 3 top complaints from yahoo customers are:
        1) Kardashian refuse. Totally ignored by yahoo…
        2) Video irritants. Totally ignored by yahoo…
        3) Extreme liberal news bias. Totally ignored by yahoo…
        Everyone should complain to yahoo asking for a REAL content preferences selection where you can actually select source and journalist you don’t want to see.
        Of course the liberal sicko’s will insult you claiming you should be forced to read their garbage as a freedom of the press thing or something.

• Carrie jCarrie j commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Skumbags at Yachooo will NEVER allow anyone to choose their news sources. The "fewer" like this selections will NEVER allow you to choose news source or journalist PERIOD! Even the selections given don't work! The liberal cowards KNOW this and will insult every one you dares ask.

• Bob SBob S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about old fashioned, investigative journalism...No left or right, just report factual information!

• Gary NGary N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Christian Science Monitor is another leftist "news" source I would like to see deleted.

What is the process of incorporating change on the Yahoo News site for the "readers/viewers?"

• Mark HamiltonMark Hamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feel free to read FoxNews.com for "Fair and Balanced" reporting (from some gun ranch in Texas).

Could you please stop bugging us with news about the bottom size of Kim Kardashian on the FRENCH YAHOO HOME PAGE ?

Nobody knows who she is anyway and thousands of people have already complained on the FRENCH uservoice.com page, where NObODY ever answers !

Your "news" articles are just so vile !
        Users are fed up with your lousy policies, new email, NEO sucks, advertisements even in our inbox, and now the news are below anything

French users
        https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206368-commentaires
        (you dont read it anyway, I know)

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base