How can we improve Yahoo News?

Remove Daily Beast articles from the news section.

Today's headline from the Daily Beast was "Paul Ryan: Still a Total Jerk". How can you possibly justify calling that news? Put NEWS in the news feed. I go there for news, not for hate rants.

37th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Screw thatScrew that shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please stop bugging us with news about the bottom size of Kim Kardashian on the FRENCH YAHOO HOME PAGE ?

Nobody knows who she is anyway and thousands of people have already complained on the FRENCH uservoice.com page, where NObODY ever answers !

Your "news" articles are just so vile !
        Users are fed up with your lousy policies, new email, NEO sucks, advertisements even in our inbox, and now the news are below anything

French users
        https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206368-commentaires
        (you dont read it anyway, I know)

• Benard JonesBenard Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. At least use some discretion when allowing a "Daily Beast" article on Yahoo. I understand that provocative headlines draw attention... but I don't think this is the kind of attention that Yahoo wants if it desires to be a place that people enjoy visiting as opposed to all the other options out there.

• Trish OTrish O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My own political leanings are left of center on most issues (though right of center on others), and when people complain about Yahoo's "liberal bias," I'm generally the first to say, "They've made no secret of their editorial position. Don't like it, find another source of information." But they really do need to have a separate section entitled "Opinion" or "Commentary," instead of putting pieces like the Daily Beast article about the Supreme Court's latest ruling on prayer in the section called "News." The articles in News should have as the main topic the events themselves, even if there is an overtone of commentary on those events. If an article's main topic IS the commentary, it doesn't belong in "News."

It's fine to have a section that's the equivalent of a newspaper's editorial and op-ed pages, but don't call it "News."

Did you READ the article? Some of these headlines are terrible but the articles are legit.

Worse yet, it's #1 in the feed! These adolescent rantings --- get them outta here or we should ORGANIZE A MOVE to another email service!

• Owen MarshallOwen Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove The Daily Beast from the frickin planet! Their afrticles are **** making when it comes to the insane far left bubble universe they live in.

Feedback and Knowledge Base