How can we improve Yahoo News?

Please TRY to curb your greed!!! Every place I put my curser there is pop-up ad. I have been using yahoo for years. I want to continue.

Keep the adds from elbowing in on the news space.

31st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TkTk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ShadozaShadoza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These "highlight" ads are popping up over the text that I am trying to read. They do not close as easily as the open. Please cause them to be less sensitive so they only pop up if I am hovering and not when I am moving the mouse over.

• Nerd GrrlNerd Grrl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop ******** about ads and use ad block plus. Scrolling the news page, it blocked 8 ads. Opening one story, it blocked 6. Clean up the internet and Block the ads!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please stop bugging us with news about the bottom size of Kim Kardashian on the FRENCH YAHOO HOME PAGE ?

Nobody knows who she is anyway and thousands of people have already complained on the FRENCH uservoice.com page, where NObODY ever answers !

Your "news" articles are just so vile !
        Users are fed up with your lousy policies, new email, NEO sucks, advertisements even in our inbox, and now the news are below anything

French users
        https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206368-commentaires
        (you dont read it anyway, I know)

I love to pay to see these stupid adds. As soon as I find an ISP, and home page that dos not charge and force me to look at adds I would be glad to pay them extra money.

• bobbybobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you know the internet used to be fun now it's all about ads who has the money to buy some of these overpriced items stop the ads or I will stop using your site

• Thomas McElhenieThomas McElhenie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears there is no serious attempt by Yahoo to curb pop-up ads even though the feedback you ask for IS serious. Goggle Chrome has addressed this issue and I for one believe that if Yahoo does not make real effort, then Goggle is going to have a new subscriber, soon.

If you use Google Chrome there are many ad blocker apps that work great! I get zero pop ups using AD BLOCK PRO.Its Free

Feedback and Knowledge Base