How can we improve Yahoo News?

Please DO NOT show that ad where Ellen DeGeneres is supposedly crying to me again, I can't opt out of it, its totally offensive .

Please remove the Ellen DeGeneres ad with her supposedly crying after having been "dumped". Its offensive and uncalled for.

16th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please, for the love of god, take the Ellen off! I am so tired of seeing it I actually back out of the page.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: please get this spammy Ellen ad off my homepage! It's SPAM plain and simple!  ·   · 

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate all the advertisement videos that just loop around and around. It is so distracting and then irritating. Most of the time I forfeit the news or article through Yahoo because the ads like the Ellen one. I get really ticked with videos automatically playing with audio. Again, I pass on the page.

"Could you provide us with the ads screenshots so that we can look into the issue?"
        Are you effin kidding me? Just scroll through your own product and there you see the loop of Ellen crying with the line -Covergirl dropped me- or some similar bull droppings- to advertise something completely different. Do you mean to say you have never been aware of this horse feces?

Totally stupid ad. It's almost as annoying as the idiot in the white suit selling Progressive insurance, I hate looking at her face - the exaggerated eye and lip make up. I hear her name is Flo. Well, Flo, you really turn me off. I'd never even consider that insurance.

• Trish OTrish O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous, read my comment right below the one you made on August 30. The answer to your question is right there.

going to keep hounding you guys till this ad is removed. I'm tired of seeing every yahoo page I go to.

WHERE DO WE SEND it to? I'm really getting tired of seeing that ad and not sure where to send the screenshot to. GET RID OF IT.

Here is the email address they put up in response to a separate thread I started to ask them for it: news-feedback@yahoo-inc.com

I think after they have dropped in and put up their "Gathering Feedback" label, they don't come back. I had to put up a new "suggestion" to get their attention.

• Carol A SweeneyCarol A Sweeney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe that no one actually monitors "product support" or "administration" judging by the Ellen complaints, along with my own.

• Carol A SweeneyCarol A Sweeney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with every comment here. However Yahoo cleverly does not provide a link to post the screen shot!!

Thanks a lot Marisa Mayer!!!!!!

Honestly, I have spent about 45 minutes searching for a contact email for Yahoo Product Support in order to send the screenshot they REQUESTED above, and can find absolutely no way of contacting them. Why would they leave a message asking for information and not provide a place to send it? Whatever person at Yahoo put up the message, please correct this oversight by adding the necessary contact information.

• JoanJoan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove the ad as stated above...I 'dread' going to my page because I am sick of seeing Ellen in this unsightly rendition of 'crying'....

I've got a screenshot of this annoying ad. Can someone tell me where to send it?

That ad, the one w/Granny shaking her finger...ANY youtube video (a beheading?!...take a clue from twitter's CEO) that is universally in poor taste/disrespectful. And, if I had my say, Yahoo would limit articles submitted from that grocery store rag, Huffington Post. Their journalists are 3rd rate, the articles are repetitive, biased, Thank you.w/sensationalized titles and their publisher seems to think that everybody is into deviant ***, or should be. If yahoo would take the time to read "comment" sections, I believe they would be able to ascertain that ain't the case. I can only surmise that Yahoo is playing "fave-sees" w/Huff. A little more diversity in selecting articles, please.

I don't have a screenshot with the actual ad (yet), but here is a page from tumblr that shows the image: http://degenerossi.tumblr.com/post/30486136262/can-you-make-a-gif-of-ellen-crying
        And I think this Facebook page gives a description: https://www.facebook.com/ellentv/posts/10202323572867953 It even gives this link: http://www.goodhousekeepingnews.com/anti-aging-wrinkle-report-jb23.php#sthash.Ke2TFFwr.dpuf

Hopefully, this info will help you figure out which advertiser it is and terminate the contract.

Again....get rid of the ad. I have a hard time reading an article when you have her "sniffling/crying" on a loop next to the story. GET RID OF IT.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base