How can we improve Yahoo News?

I suggest someone with authority at Yahoo really start reading these "How Can I improve Yahoo" comments

I suggest someone with some authority at Yahoo really start reading these "How Can I Improve Yahoo" suggestions. I stopped using Yahoo News as a credible source for almost a year now....and I come back and the SAME issues are rampant on Yahoo News. Auto Play Videos you cant control or stop; Paid Ads masquerading as "news"; News Videos with Zero written content; OLD News parading as current news and the plethora of "suggestions" with dates 2012, 2013 and early 2014. Obviously, despite some token patronizing Admin response, there is no real effort being made to FIX the issues or listen to your Yahoo users. We really get that the annoying ADS pay for the privilege of free Yahoo news....but the reality is - Yahoo News is losing credibility. Bring back NEWS stories.. well written news stories. not opinions or pundits. Just report the news! Mange all the intrusive ads and give your loyal readers a reason to come back to Yahoo News.

19th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JRJR shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Hi Yahoo News users,

Thanks for your feedback. Following the steps in this Yahoo Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter when using Yahoo – Turn off autoplay for Yahoo videos: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN25842.html

If you are still having this problem, please continue letting us know how we can do better by posting your suggestions here (https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/204992).

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KonaGoldenKonaGolden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really, This is "Completed"? Apparently Yahoo really doesn't read the suggestions. This is the textbook example of a ponderous organization, out of tough with it's users.

"Paid Ads masquerading as "news"; News Videos with Zero written content; OLD News parading as current news and the plethora of "suggestions" with dates 2012, 2013 and early 2014. Obviously, despite some token patronizing Admin response, there is no real effort being made to FIX the issues or listen to your Yahoo users."
        All these stated issues are still true, not "Completed". Yahoo continues to be patronizing, and addresses the post with a standardized, useless, Product Support response.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with JR, way to many videos and no real news. I hate being forced to watch a commercial in order to view the so called news story. That is something that needs to be addressed. Maryann

• Mr. Frank SullaMr. Frank Sulla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yahoo is PAID and doesn't truly care about anything BUT sponsorship not the reader. So something Yahoo before you go by the wayside.

• charlie Nonecharlie None commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur with the three comments here. For most of your "NEWS" you should have a separate Menu item "B.S.". I don't have time to waste on frivolity.

Yahoo is getting farther and farther away from where thoughtful users want to be. Instead of delivering ********, mass-market, entertainment hype, they should focus on delivering substantive news, meaningful editorials and feedback, less robot-filtered stories and useful integrated productivity apps like Zoho or Google. They have a great opportunity but are rapidly becoming irrelevant.

• Trish OTrish O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What gets me is that they obviously pay somebody something to at least pretend to review these suggestions, because they go around marking every single one of them "Gathering Feedback," a stauts in which most posts languish indefinitely. Is anyone actually paid to READ and RESOLVE the issues raised? Apparently not! Ah, but before long, each individual user uses up his or her "votes" and can't post any more suggestions without withdrawing previous suggestions (or votes for the suggestions of others). Yeah, our votes are supposedly returned to us when issues we voted for are resolved one way or another, but that just doesn't happen. They're "Gathering Feedback" forever.

I'll bet no one does read them. This whole site is only to give the pizzedoff readers someplace to yell at yahoo.
        Every few weeks they go through and delete everything so they can start over.

Feedback and Knowledge Base