US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo News?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. World News? where can I find what is happening around the world not just the United States.

Have a box to check where people can get world news. South Africa, China, Nigeria, Laos, India, Turkey, EURO, Israel, Brazil ect I am fed up with American news that markets only to the fringes of society or to Hollywood. For a greater audience offer a wider scoop of news.

79th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How do you get out of the news page without going to your mailbox or hitting the back arrow 1 st ?

Ad a tab to exit the news page without having to go to your mailbox 1st or hitting the back arrrow

193rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You used to have a section called odd news that was fun to read

Bring back odd news. I'm tired of reading opinionated bias news

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Where do you get off censoring a word used IN YOUR NEWS REPRINTS?

You use a 'news' source from Huffington Post calling anyone who doesn't agree with their leftist fiction, and THEY are calling those on the right Nazi's??? I use the same word in a reply and YOU censor the word? Newsflash, NAZI is a HISTORICAL TERM FOR HITLER'S ARMY H-I-S-T-O-R-I-C-A-L....is this clear enough? How dare you censor me using that word yet you toss it around like a dog toy! You bloody hypocrites!

73rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Language Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Yahoo! News needs to keep your place when trying to return to the news feed after reading an article.

After reading an article and trying to return to the main Yahoo! News page you are put right back to the beginning of the page, forcing you to scroll through the LONG list to figure out where you were.
    I've reported this issue before and it persists so I have switched to reading Google News. Just thought I would be nice and report the annoying glitch in case you actually read these reports and act on them. Clearly you do not.

193rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. News where it belongs

Put the news in the proper category, sports in sports, celebs and entertainment in entertainment and so on. I am not a sports or celebrity fan. Your current format just crams the site with garbage i am not interested in. If i want certain news i will look for it.

110th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What happened to the 'Financial News' tap on the Yahoo Home Page? It's gone today.

What happened to the 'Financial News' tap on top of the Yahoo Home Page? It's gone today.

193rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Put a dedicated Yahoo! News search box on the Yahoo! News home page instead of,or along with,the normal Yahoo! search box.

As title suggest. Implement a dedicated Yahoo! News search box at Yahoo! News home page.

126th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. stop blocking voting on this platform

Im noticing that any post on here the is negative about you has the comments disabled. Truth scares you greatly doesn't it?

144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Gewt rid of the abnoxious "music.

Get rid of the obnoxious "music" that plays with some stories. Makes the story unreadable. I click right off the story if that horrible music starts to play.

144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More neutral articles (like a Reuters), global articles, and less echo chambers based on searches or articles clicked on.

I am concerned that the Yahoo format is reinforcing biases of those reading the news instead of providing neutral and consistent information to its users. I believe that this way of relaying the news is causing further divisiveness because users are receiving inconsistent information from other, causing their positions to be in conflict. There are news sources like Reuters that provide information about what is happening in the world in a neutral way without enforcing biases, which may be a more productive model for Yahoo News.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Offer TEXT ONLY Yahoo News!

Every time I land on Yahoo to browse the news, within seconds this notice appears: "This webpage is using significant memory. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your computer."

I suspect this is due to all the unstoppable videos that bombard users. It's so bad that when clicking on a video that looks interesting, audio from auto-playing videos drown out audio from the selected video. Equally annoying, most all video are merely s-l-o-w recaps of abbreviated points from the written stories. Third Graders who read slowly can STILL read the articles in less time than it takes to slog…

144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Serious question about the yahoo news now page?

Serious question: When is the Yahoo News Now page going to have it's comment section re-coded? It's a total mess and needs to be cleared of all comments!

144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display problems when scrolling

When I select a news article from the main yahoo page, the next page is a "preview" of the news article along with other news items below and also news and ads listed along the right side in separate "boxes". When I scroll this web page, those "boxes" then appear along the left side covering the text of my news article that I'm trying to read

193rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Haiti right now.

Real issue going on right now for people to know about is at Port Au'Prince, Haiti. Are you going to report on what's happening!?

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notifications should link to new important features not Yahoo News Special Reports blanks

Tired of clicking Yahoo News Special Reports notifications that link to live Yahoo News logo, no active report and a side panel to choose from this live logo screen and various old junk features. Notifications should be newest most prominent features.

144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove the floating search bar that overlay the news page

you cant read the yahoo categories because the floating search bar overlays the top of the page

126th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ask users before giving users your New version which I find new version to be terrible

I did not want new version and should have been asked which I was and I denied new version and yahoo gave it to me anyways. Most I found do not like the new format

144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Re Vatican and ****** abuse of children

Investigate the rate of incest in families and close friends. The issue would have never come out it if hadn't been for Catholic survivors insisting for decades. NCReporter reported regularly since 1985. Also investigate why the APA (psychiatrists) are still refusing after 30 years to recognize trauma in childhood (Developmental Trauma) For many years they were saying childhood memories of *** with adults were a fantasy --and that the children wanted it. They still have not acknowledged their error despite thousands of survivors speaking up of their lifelong distress.

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dear Yahoo, You have been my homepage on my browser for some years now, and its been great until NOW.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have had My Yahoo as my homepage in my browser for some years now. It has been great till now. Almost every article I wish to read (yahoo view) is now a video, and because I live outside the country (Jamaica) the content is blocked. You need to realize you have a worldwide audience as well. If this does not improve/change I will be moving on to a page that suits my needs.

Anthony Ziadie

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Language Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base