US Yahoo News

Welcome to our Yahoo News feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo News experience and to contact our editorial team. We review the feedback from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo News.

To contact the Yahoo News editorial team to report issues or corrections, please email corrections@yahoonews.com.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo News?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize feeds

Let us be able to customize our feeds again, let us be able to block people and topics we feel inappropriate for us so we don't have to see all types of rude, negative, closeminded and blatantly racist comments on a post

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop spreediscount.com from taking over my internet.

Spreediscount.com has hijacked my yahoo account six times today with a no exit web control. I have to close down and reset to get back on. Should I go back to my previous news source?

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a news aggregator with a news map or news timeline showing how a story has transitioned to current state

Create a news bot that aggregates ranked relevant news from keywords of the article and/or creates a timeline
    Examples could be: Following events of a presidency, all speeches by a person, developments of a case, domestic or international response and views on a global issue like climate change or a developing peace accord. Any news or situation that transitions over time should be mapped.

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 125th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How about Yahoo actually enforce their terms of service?

There are set rules that Yahoo has defined that all users agree to follow in exchange for using the Yahoo services. Sadly, abuse of those rules is rampant. No matter how many times a violation is reported, nothing is EVER done about it.

So either enforce the rules, or just toss them into the bit bucket.

93rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How come I can't COMMENT on news stories anymore?????

None of my comments show up anymore. Been over 2 months now.

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great if there was a robust local news section

We're a Managed Services Provider located in Massachusetts. We've got big news - we're moving our headquarters after 21 years in the same place. We're also promoting a hashtag about the transition - #TCGmoves .

I don't see a great place on Yahoo to share local news. It would set you apart if you had a forum like that.

108th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make articles match the tab.

Why are non-science articles shown in the science section? why even have tabs if you are going to throw everything onto the pages?

108th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 125th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please take out your sound bits when you open an article!!!

Ever ytime i click on an article, there is a video playing with loud sound. I would like to read Yahoo at work and other places but hate how the sound blares every time I click on an article. NO other website does this!

141st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Loading problems

I do not use Yahoo News any longer because it takes way too long to load a page if it even loads at all. I use Google Search and get what I am looking for in an instant. You guys need to spend more time improving your interface and making it easier to read your posted news and information articles and less trying to reinvent the when with endless new Mail looks as they are not any better than the last! Yahoo is off my radar...as well as that of many others. And while we all know you could care…

108th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. YAHOO NEWS PHISHING/RANSOMWARE

While reading Yahoo News, I am now receiving pop ups that tell me that my Windows 10 is corrupt and all files will be deleted in 210 seconds. Yahoo provides no means to report ransomware. I looked at Bug Bounty and the Security Help Page. Yahoo obviously does not want to be bothered. I have no choice but to stop reading Yahoo News.

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have a strictly real news homepage.

Have a strictly real news homepage for those of us who really want real news and not all that fake news, sponsored news, celebrity/Kardashian ****.

25th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Every time I visit your site, I am constantly harassed by malware, I believe it is coming from the ads on the news articles that I am brows

Every time I visit your site, I am constantly harassed by malware, I believe it is coming from the ads on the news articles that I am browsing.
    It makes the site unusable, I catch myself thinking twice about even going to yahoo.com and many times I don't.

93rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Warning: Your Titles and Pictures contain SPOILERS!

Warning: Your Titles and Pictures contain SPOILERS!

The day after Better Call Saul aired, you post a picture of who returned?!
    Then you warn us of spoilers after you already have the title and picture giving away the spoiler!?
    STOP THAT! Wait at least a few days, GEEZE!
    You're ruining shows and movies!

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. News Board to scroll

Hi Team,

I am avid follower of the Yahoo news and it was comfortable to scroll to the news Board as we might want to scroll through the available highlights of the news and any thing particular is something interesting we would click on it to read the complete story. But with the current homepage while we open yahoo.com it always forces us to click on the next story to view it completely but never gives as an option to scroll through the news board.

Hope the team agrees with me and wish to have it for a better usage.

125th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Your on-top news articles are annoying.

When I click on a news article I get a yahoo page with the article on that page in a sort of "box" with an "X" at the top-right. I don't see the purpose in this. Why not have the page be the article? Let's say I go to another screen and want to return focus to the browser with your news article on it. If I click on any area outside that "box" the article disappears and I'm looking at a news page. I can't tell you how annoying this is. Please just give me a page that is…

141st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop posting nothing but negative stories about pittbulls. It's the owners

STOP with all the negative stories about pittbulls. It is the owners, not the dogs that are the problem. If you own a breed know for aggression(pitts are NOT the only ones) you have to be more responsible, especially in public. People put the dogs in those situations where attacks happened. The dogs did not choose it themselves. STOP helping to give the breed a bad name. Admonish the owners for a change.

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base